Byond ID?
    KingPhilipIII

CM Character?
    Haythem Castian

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CST (Z-6)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20-30

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    If Minecraft adminning counts, then yes when I was younger. More relevant I was a mentor prior to us being exterminated.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not recently no.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    I made a predator application like a year and change ago but I can't find it.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Community mentor here.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No, atleast not that I can remember.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, Paradise Station. I got permabanned a little under two years ago. I'm sure you all don't want the REALLY drawn out version, but long story short, I got abused by a doctor, broke into his office to reclaim stolen property because security wouldn't help. He starts stabbing me with a scalpel. I disarm him and start stabbing him back. An officer was in there, starts beating me half to death with his stun baton and holds me in processing for 40 minutes because he didn't know how to process criminals until the round ended. I told him in OOC after the round ended he was terrible at his job and an example of why everyone hated security. The exact ban message is "OOC: Kingphilip: 'Like I was saying Aaron, never be security again. Absolute shit of an officer. You're the reason people hate security.' That's just not ok"

I've been banned from TG for 48 hours I think it was about maybe two and a half years ago for getting into a fist fight over insulated gloves that resulted in me killing my fellow greyshirt.

I got banned from Citidal a couple years ago for C4ing doors open in the dorms and then using a flamethrower+atmos suit to purge ERPers. Apparently being a traitor with hijack is no excuse for interrupting sexy times.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Sure am

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Investigate and decide if it was intentional or not. If it looks like a misclick or a simple lack of understanding, place a note and leave it as an IC issue otherwise. If there's a papertrail, smack them with a ban of appropriate severity.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Supply him with the predator's name and direct him to the forums to file a player report. Gather any relevant info I can at the moment to present later.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    PM him and ask him if he needs help. If he shows basic understanding of byond and it's systems, redirect him to use mentor help, otherwise do my best to show him the ropes if I'm able.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Politely ask him to calm down,direct him to staff reports, and inform him that I am not obligated to ping a higher ranking staff member to speak to him. If he continues, smack him with a mute or a ban if he has a history of being excessively combative towards staff.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    PM him and tell him his name is not allowed. Ask him to change his name next round and to pick a temporary name for the current round. If his notes indicate this is a recurring problem, apply a punishment of appropriate severity.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    It's an IC issue. The MPs will get him soon enough anyway.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Tell the survivor we are currently not allowing hostile survivors. Place a note and tell them to reread the rules.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Investigate the situation and ask the MP why they locked the marine up. If they enforced ML improperly, tell them to release the marine and handle them with a proper punishment. If there's a pattern of behavior, apply a jobban and possibly a full ban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    QM the xenos and tell them to sally forth for the glory of the Queen Mother in one last glorious battle. SM the Commander or whoever is in charge and tell him to rally his forces to exterminate the remaining aliens.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Inform another staff member, as I cannot handle my own issues, and try my best to damage control ICly in the meantime.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell the CLF member that EORG only applies to harming friendlies, and that hostiles may be engaged after round end without issue.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Ask him why he's running around Rule 4ing the fuck out of his fellow marines and tell him to knock it off. If there's a papertrail, smack him with a ban for round start shenanigans.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Tell him that he needs to follow proper rules of escalation. Fists, melee weapons, firearms. If this is his first infraction, leave it a warning, but if he's done this already and has multiple notes, smack him with a ban,

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC them to knock it off and that the mutiny must be approved beforehand. If they don't stop or are in the middle of a firefight already, sleep the whole screen while I sort it off and order the loyalists to standby while I handle the mutineers.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell him that minor racism is permitted provided it doesn't go too far. We are roleplaying after all. If they really have an issue, they can file a player report about it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    7 day ban immediately and file for perma. Griefing has no place here.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask him why he decided to go rogue as a larva. If they're a repeat offender apply a jobban and if this is a first time infraction then inform them they should be staying near the Queen while a larva.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM him and tell him netspeak and memeing is not allowed, and that he must abide by xenomorph roleplay standards. If this is a repeat issue or he refuses, note/ban accordingly.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    The hivemind we see is simply an english translation of their hissing and pheromone communications. Using marine words like dropship is acceptable.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM him and inform him that despite us now abiding by expected contact, he does not know there are xenomorphs planetside. They know of xenomorphs, not that they're infesting the colony. If this is a repeated infraction, warn him as such and apply a note.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Provided it was properly RP'd out, killing another marine for a spot on the lifeboat out is a valid justification. Wordlessly shotgunning the marine and dragging his corpse out is not rping it out.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Salt only makes me stronger. As long as they don't go too far just ignore them, but if they go overboard I'd ask my fellow moderators to handle it.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform the player that he's not immune to attack while SSD and it's an IC issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Politely tell them they've made a mistake and correct them. People make mistakes, don't be a dick about it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Report it to the relevant manager. Odds are I don't have the authority to do anything about it in the moment, so inform someone who does.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Just feel like driving the short bus. I did my time as a useless mentor for my community, now I want to step it up a notch.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Understanding and objectivity. While they may look like a shitter from your perspective, an upset player might earnestly believe they did nothing wrong. Approach everything with the intent to understand the other side, and without being biased either.

Anything else you
    Plz let me ERP in msay with the mods again. My chatbox is lonely without the rest of staff.
    Last edited by KingPhilipIII; 11-24-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long-time (staff) mentor and a good guy. I’m glad you finally are ready to join staff, but I’m actually not sure you needed to make this app. I’m going to talk to Dubs about it, but for what it’s worth, +1.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted. You were a Mentor before the Mod-Mentor shift, so you are welcome to become a mod now.

Please check your inbox for some more information.