Byond ID?
    Azbru

Marine Name
    Bruno 'Nines' Rodriguez

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Renault

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Very familiar.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    In the case of encountering hostile alien lifeforms, I would avoid contact altogether and if attacked directly, I would attempt to disengage and were it somehow not possible, incapacitate the target long enough to run away, always looking for the support of healthy marines.

I can also defend any incapacitated and otherwise non-combat-able marines, in the absence of healthy marines to assist them. Still, self-preservation comes before that.

Were I to encounter hostile Non USMC personnel, I would attempt to disengage, if they insisted on pursuing with hostile intent, I would use lethal force if necessary, allowing me to run towards the closest marine.

Synths cannot use lethal force against USCM personnel, and they should retreat or subdue any unruly personnel. If they are assigned by a Commissioned Officer to detain unruly personnel, they would have to do so by non-lethal means, such as flashes.

Under no circustances should I perform combat on the frontline, leave that to the marines.

Synthetic Character Story
    Three stories, 6 pages long, text is slighly bigger than normal to make reading easier.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Renault's main quirk is he likes to quote. Be it quotes from pop culture, movies, games, shows, music, or important people, he will always try to find a scenario where he can use such quotes without being improper.
    Sometimes these may be quotes from well-known media, other times it may be obscure references that a few could understand.
    He may use it to inspire the marines when on the ground, friendly chatter with the CL in the hall, or just normal conversations.
    He is always looking for things he may quote and stores it in his database. (I have a 3-page long document with quotes and cool stuff I could find use for in-game). His favorite media to quote may change at any time, as he is constantly learning new things to say.
    He likes to be friendly towards everyone, always having chatter with the officers and marines, but is serious and cold when the situation requires it. He obviously can't feel emotion, but will always attempt to convey the right one when sending a message.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I know:
    -Reactor set up and maintenance.
    -Power distribution aboard the Almayer.
    -Construction of walls and airlocks, and any other uncommon barriers.
    -Proper FOB construction and use of its tools (Sentries, mines).
    -Hacking vendors and repairing APCs.
    -Portable Telecomms construction.
    -Powerloader usage to help POs.
    -Powerloader usage to load OBs.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have some XO and SO rounds under my belt, and I enjoy being the Command role in any given department.
    I usually play CMO, XO, or SL when I'm on the ground.

I know:
    -How to use the command announcement to convey concise and urgent information.
    -How to direct squads and their SLs through OW.
    -How to send supplies to specific squads using the pads at Req.
    -How to load and use OBs (although it would not be used as Synth)
    -How to use the DEFCON asset system.
    -How to call Evac, Self Destruction, and send a Distress Signal when the U.S.S Almayer gets hijacked.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I know:
    -Most if not all surgeries by heart.
    -Creation of chemicals, and fast use of the Chem Dispenser.
    -Creation of uncommon chemicals and chemical mixes.
    -Triage and prioritizing marines who need emergency treatment.
    -Use of the Autodocs, Sleeper and Cryo Tubes.
    -Assigning holo cards for faster identification of priority.
    -Using the Medevac system.
    -Field surgery and chemicals needed for it
    -Very fast and efficient first aid at the front.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I am very familiar with the ASRS system and manning the Req line.
    I know how to use the individual squad pads and the general drop pad.
    I frequently communicate with the RO to request and order supplies to be dropped where needed, be it as a squad engineer setting up FOB or as Command roles.
    I know the general price of most crates, and what tends to be ordered commonly.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I am knowledgeable in all support roles, and in fact, play them much more often than other roles. I enjoy the idea of roleplaying as a Synth, and I can bring that to the table, as well as support to understaffed departments.

I believe I should be whitelisted because I'm a good support player, who can consistently not fuck up and do their job properly, and I love roleplaying and the opportunity to create a story, I find it more entertaining than going pew pew with the Xenomorphs.
    I can take any job required, be it cleaning the hangar to commanding the entire operation, building cades at FOB or providing first aid to the marines in the front, setting up reactors and repairing containment, because that *one* researcher decided to test a chem nade in it.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Thank you for reading my application.
    Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dJy2mnl5y0

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting quirk, I'm slightly concerned about most people just not realizing you're quoting things, or that you simply lack quotes to fit in the moment, but otherwise I think this is a good application, you clearly understand the rules of combat, and know how to preform your role as a synthetic. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
    Interesting quirk, I'm slightly concerned about most people just not realizing you're quoting things, or that you simply lack quotes to fit in the moment, but otherwise I think this is a good application, you clearly understand the rules of combat, and know how to preform your role as a synthetic. +1
    Firstly, thank you for your support!

Now, the thing about quotes is that it can be as mainstream as possible (Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, other very famous movies/quotes) or as obscure as possible (Indie games, things a specific character say in a specific game). If I'm approved ill try to switch it up and make sure to find things I can quote without being too "memey".
    Renault the tin can
    Bruno 'Nines' Rodriguez, local Unga
    Lithos S'eer the Vietnamese tree

The medals

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is fine, answer is fine, player is fine, +1 is fine
    Last edited by superjo98; 12-01-2019 at 02:05 AM.
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh damn the story had a nice finish. I enjoyed reading it a lot. Just don't meme with the quirk and you're fine.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not gonna waste time, accepted.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)