Date of Incident
    November 24, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Rex Texas

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Yully

Accused Character Name
    Alysha 'Nutjob' Cooper

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    20:20+ GMT +0

What rule(s) were broken:
    Improper BE

Description of the incident:
    At some point, a PFC reported to MP Jack Edwardson that a doctor Audrey Kowalcyzk had drugged them. MP Jack arrested the doctor for this and questioned them in the holding cell. At some point the CMO, Rowan 'Hook' Rios asked to come in and proceeded to robust MP Jack and broke the doctor out through the holding cell window.

As that stands, both doctors are guilty of capital crimes. At various points, the CO and CMP told us to not arrest them, despite that being an unlawful order as we have to pursue major and capital crimes as a rule.

Quickly after breaking out, these two doctors escape to the planet. CMP gave us permission to deploy. We look around and are told that Audrey and the CMO were trying to steal C4 to blow up the OB machine. Another marine also reported this to the CMP on the Almayer.

Anyway, we're ordered to return to the ship. To make a long story shorter, evac is called from the planet. Me and Jack go to the DS to arrest the doctors. Jack catches them first and begins tasering them, where I follow up by batonning the CMO and handcuffing them. This arrest was done by procedure, as they had already and were actively running from and avoiding MPs.

CO immediately enters hangar and shoots me with a VP78 pistol enough times that I die while I'm dragging the prisoner who also dies during the shooting. They announce this is a BE for insub and sedition for refusing to follow orders to not arrest the CMO and doctor despite this being an unlawful order.

Since I'm not permanently dead because they lost their mateba on the planet, CO then stops multiple medics and doctors from reviving me by dragging me away from their revive attempts, then orders CMP to throw me in morgue who proceeds to do so.

She then orders the CMO revived and released. She has an LT make a BE announcement several minutes after the fact.

I'd also add whoever played CMP Trap Meer failed to do anything about this and actively helped the CO.

Any missing logs will probably be easily enough pulled.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Part of the BE shooting:

"You really need some painkillers!
    Your right arm hurts badly.

Unknown (as Alysha 'Nutjob' Cooper) fires the VP78 pistol!

You are hit by the squash-head pistol bullet in the right hand!
    SSGT Rex Texas screams!
    Something feels like it shattered in your right arm!
    SSGT Rex Texas screams!
    Something inside your chest hurts a lot."

BE announcement post-death:

"CO is BE'ing the MPs for insubordination and refusing to follow his direct orders to NOT arrest the CMO and doctors.

- Lieutenant Nines."

dchat of Audrey talking about CMO jailbreak:

DEAD: Audrey Kowalcyzk says, "CMO pulls out shotgun and breaks me out of jail"

How you would punish the accused:
    Removal of CO whitelist sad to say

Ceyella
    the doctor was improperly arrested.

the capital crime they were accused of? jailbreak. when they never got arrested to be jailbroken.

I told both of them this, and they refused to listen.

Both ended up in brig for breaking procedure, me and CO kept telling them to drop the topic and move on. the doctors never did any wrong, from what we knew. and these two kept commiting insub to hound the other players, who by all accounts, were playing a normal round.

CO very very specifically said do not arrest the doctors. rex did anyway, and got BE for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The doctor went to the brig voluntarily to be interviewed by MP Jack. When he concluded, after questioning, he was going to arrest the doctor, and began arrest procedure, the CMO began the jailbreak. They were being charged with drugging a marine who said that all they did was threw a candy wrapper by MP Jack's account. I'm not sure what charge he levied exactly or if the MP was even given the opportunity to state the charge, but that could go from anywhere between hooliganism to assault. Therefore jailbreak would be the appropriate capital crime to levy when the CMO broke them out.

We ended up in brig on a seperate issue regarding an LT and XO shooting the CIC doors and blowing one out to get out after power went down. They were briefly detained/arrested for twenty seconds within the CIC then let go after the CMP asked us to since it was only a minor crime of damage to government property and after explaining why they had shot the doors to begin with I thought it was reasonable to let them go given the circumstances. For this, we were thrown in brig for 15 mins on a max timer for failure to follow proper procedure. Again, seperate issue.

CO ultimately gave an unlawful order that was not followed and BE'd once the unlawful order was ignored.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the issue of the SO and the XO shooting their way out of the CIC, as I directly witnessed this, the MP duo in question proceeded to wordlessly tase and stunprod the XO and SO after the latter two managed to finally break free. Briefly before being ordered arrested by the CO for FFP, I recall you explaining to the XO "that they should have waited for an engineer, or just waited there." as a reasoning for the arrests made. Given the urgency of the situation (XO and SO being disrupted from doing their duties) and the fact that there were no active engineers present on the ship at the time (or were too busy to respond at all), therefore nobody being able to help the SO and XO within a reasonable amount of time, all of this makes the arrest look like it has been done in unbeliveably poor judgement - again, given the situation at hand and the fact that the arrest process itself further disrupted SO and XO's work and influenced the derailment of the round for the marines.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I baton'd an XO who was already flashed on the ground and handcuffed them. I'm pretty sure although not certain that the other MP told them they were under arrest and then flashed them so I assisted. The SO and XO weren't being disrupted from their duties, as they had spent the prior couple of minutes shooting through doors in the CIC with pistols and until we turned up with a crowbar, would have continued to do so. They were in cuffs for all of 20 seconds before being released, where we then were ordered arrested by the CO. We handcuffed ourselves and followed CMP to brig.

Again though, that is not the subject of this report. The BE incident was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Christ. This round.

I played Jack Edwardson. I've really tried to play a by-the-numbers, professional, High role-play MP and after maining the role for some rounds have recently started playing CMP.

Sadly, the actions that serve as a foundation for this battlefield execution were mine and nearly mine alone. Rex was supporting me and in doing so he died. And to understand the BE I think it's important to understand all of those actions, the reasons why the CMP decided to throw both me and Rex under the bus for an arrest of the Doctor and CMP.

I maintain that I tried to do everything right - or at least as right as I could have under the circumstances with the knowledge I had available to me. I always try to strictly follow Marine Law and procedure.

There are a few general time periods that warrant review for the full context of the situation. The first was earliest in the rather long shift (maybe 13:00?) when a PFC (forget his name) came up to me and told me that a Doctor, he said "Audrey or Aubrey" or something of the like, had drugged him. When I checked the computer there was only one doctor meeting that name, a Doctor Audrey Kowalczyk. I asked him questions about the circumstances, he said something about tossing a candy wrapper that got tossed back and then suddenly he was injected with an autoinjector when he saw flashing colors and then collapsed asleep. I thanked the PFC, told him I would look into it and would contact him if I had further questions.

I then set the Doctor to arrest for marking purposes, and immediately started to explain on the radio that the marking was not for arrest. A newer MP asked why the CMO was under arrest, it was not the CMO but the doctor in question. The other MP beat me to the doctor and was pulling the doctor toward the brig, all I believe I heard him say was "please come with me" - I later stated ICly that the Doctor came voluntarily but to be honest I don't know how voluntary it was.

My intent was to question the Doctor - I didn't have enough for an arrest. I believe my intent was not to bring the Doctor in but rather question them in or near medbay, or invite them to the brig if they chose. The MP who beat me to the Doctor forced my hand on that, unless I somehow requested they be brought to the brig, something I'd be highly surprised had it happened. A lot was made ICly and already in this thread about the initial hold of the doctor. Marine Law is fuzzy about investigative holds. You can brig for this for X long and you can hold for 10 minutes when an officer requests an arrest. Obviously some crimes involve some degree of investigation. This is a med-RP server so I get we want to be getting people out of brig situations quickly. I don't recall if I directed the MP to take Dr. Audrey (as I referred to them in round as I didn't want to have to attempt "Kowalczyk" much) to the brig, I'd honestly be surprised if I had, but that's where the Doctor ended up going. I guided the MP past the cells and into the holding cell. I decided to consider this a ten minute investigative hold though I never stated as much. If I am wrong to have done this I'm sorry.

I started out good cop, asking about the Doctor's day, asking some general questions. Then I asked to search the Doctor's belongings. Normal doctor stuff, though I as a player didn't know what one autoinjector type was so I held it up and asked what its purpose was. I had already eliminated all of the other belongings as possibly used in the drugging. The Doctor stated that it was a "local" anesthetic. I asked what would happen if I was injected with it and as expected she said it would put me to sleep. I got more specific about the situation and the accusations. I asked uf the Doctor remembered administering that drug for someone who was tossing trash, and they said they didn't recall which I found funny. You don't recall something that happened 20-30 minutes ago? Text can be a funny thing but I detected a slight bit of cheekiness from the Doctor which pointed me towards that they were being untruthful when they said nothing had happened.

During this conversation the CMO wandered by, apparently looking for his physician. He stopped outside the glass in front of the holding cell. He was friendly enough and I asked him about the situation involved. I did inform him that I was conducting an investigation, the doctor was not under arrest but was not free to leave. The CMO confirmed that a situation with tossing trash occurred and right when I was about to ask if the Doctor was involved... he fell SSD. I had not checked the time but was keeping general track in my mind, and I emoted checking a clock, an indication, to myself, really, that it was do or die on a charge. The doctor had been named by the PFC, the CMO had confirmed the circumstances of the encounter occurred though the doctor was not personally placed at the scene of the crime by the CMO. The doctor had felt just a tad bit cold and untruthful towards my questioning. I felt the circumstantial evidence supported an arrest for assault. The CMO came back and I asked a couple of quick questions and then made my decision. I then stated to the Doctor that I was now officially placing them under arrest and to please lay on the ground (per arrest procedure). I do not believe that I did state the nature of the crime per procedure, so I'm sorry about that if I forgot to do so, it would have been something I had gotten to had the next few moments not happened. The doctor refused to lay on the ground and I was patient with them, asking them to lay on the ground again. Then the CMO started bashing the glass with a fire extinguisher. I told him to stop, that it was a bad idea, he continued. I then fired my taser through the glass. I did not know there was a shutters button in the holding cell. He then picked up a pump shotgun and hit, not shot, the glass to shatter it. I'm still trying to contain the situation reasonably - I did not want to be part of the reason why a CMO gets effectively taken out of the round. Meanwhile they're darting around and my taser is disarmed. In the excitement I call out "HELP MEDBAY" instead of "HELP BRIG." I drop my stunbaton in the hopes one of them would attempt to pick it up, and I run toward the inside of the brig somehow expecting them to follow, not thinking that there's a big ol' hole in the glass which they can just leave from. So they're gone, and let the record reflect the doctor WAS under arrest at the time the jailbreak occurred. Capital crime for both of them.

I update the situation over security and I think command comms also. CMP is waiting in medbay and she makes some sort of "sigh" or something unhelpful. I think I see one of them run up the ladder so I pursue, I immediately zero in on the CMO's quarters as one of the few places I don't have access to that might provide protection. I go down to the medbay tracking computer only to find that it is off. Whether it was the CMO/Doctor fleeing or a power issue, I don't know. I was not aware there was a second tracking computer in CIC. After a brief search I ask for permission to breach into the CMO's quarters. No response. While I wait I head down to a squad prep to grab a shotgun. I know, Code Green, but to get through the door in the CMO's bunk I'd need one of those, and I'm waiting on a response. While I stand there considering my options, I see the Doctor running by me upstairs. I slap the shotgun on my back and give chase but lose them almost immediately because they got a decent head start on me. I'm still waiting for a response, any response, from the CMP. I'm starting to think she cryoed. I run back up to the door, and ask again over comms. No response, so I announce on comms that I was making entry into the CMO's office. I fire the shotgun with slugs at the door, completely forgetting I could just shatter the glass (foiled by glass twice in the same round). Slugs are doing nothing so I decide to grab buckshot. I run back to a squad prep and back to the door. I begin blasting the door... and then notice the window... one shot takes care of that. I begin firing at the bunk door. (It probably was unlocked come to think of it now)

It was at this point that Rex Texas enters the situation. He manages to unload all of one magazine of an 88 into the door. I finish off the door with one or two shotgun blasts and then... they aren't there. Well, crap. Meanwhile the party bus has arrived including the CMP and pretty much all of research. I try to explain the situation as we leave, CMP somehow has no clue what is going on despite my constant attempts to keep her up to date on the breaching. She tells us to stop and yells at us. I try to explain the situation with the arrest and the attempted communications. Note that all Rex Texas has done at this point was show up to assist me and unloaded one pistol mag into a door after I already started working on it. She's attempting to tell us to ignore the crime. We tell her that she cannot pardon for the crime involved, her second time in the shift attempting to tell an MP to ignore a major crime or above (telling Rex earlier in the shift to ignore a Disrespect charge was the first). She says something over comms sometime around this time saying that because the CMO and the Doctor robusted me they deserved to be free. WTF. CMP calls CO to get involved. CO tells us to report to the brig. We both go.

We both salute the CO and discuss the situation. I'll let the logs handle this for the most part but what I don't understand about this conversation and/or a later conversation in CIC is that the CO continually brings up the possibility that the doctor was committing self-defense when they injected the PFC. Self-defense in injecting a PFC with a sedative and/or narcotic for... tossing trash? CMP demonstrates they have no idea what transpired and just tossed her MP's under the bus to the CO. Fine, rational minds will prevail. CO loads shells into her mateba (or VP78, I guess). I say that that is ... not necessary. The discussion is interrupted when someone calls out over comms that there are shots in CIC. We suspend the conversation to handle this.

This is another central encounter in the Rex Texas situation, and again, it was my actions and not Rex's that are at issue.

We all rush up to CIC. We have no idea who is doing the shooting. We arrive at CIC to find the SO and possibly XO firing guns in the CIC lobby. CO I think says "WTF" or something of the sort, we have no clue what is going on. We stand there a second as they fire their guns in our direction and with no other active threat, there is no one else shooting. I see an opportunity to dart in through an open and quickly flash the SO, so I do and put him in cuffs. Only to secure the situation and figure out what the HELL is going on. I also flash the XO who I thought was also firing on nothing, but don't cuff him, Rex does. Then I rethink the XO's involvement and say the XO probably shouldn't need to be in cuffs. But the XO was placed in cuffs for the purpose of securing the situation and figuring out what the hell was going on. CO goes apeshit considering this yet another issue with us, as if we're supposed to read minds when someone says "shots fired CIC," we show up, we flash the only people we see firing, and suddenly WE'RE THE PROBLEM. Keep in mind we operated on limited info, there was shooting, no names of who was involved, SO and possibly XO shooting the walls/glass but it could have been taken that they were firing on the CO approaching. CO orders Rex and I brigged for FFP but if someone is actively firing, arrest procedure does not apply in ensuring that the situation is brought back into control. I had no plans on dragging them to the brig, only to take those 20 seconds that Rex says truthfully was all they spent in cuffs processing what actually happened. Turns out they were trying to escape CIC? It didn't make sense and probably would warrant a destruction of property charge. But I don't much care.

Rex and I cuff ourselves and follow the CMP to the brig. We are processed and placed in cells next to one another. At this point I explain the situation with the doctors to Rex in detail. CMP lets us out a couple of minutes earlier than our sentence was meant to end and tells us unsolicited that we can go after the Doctors. Okay then. We go immediately to the medbay crew tracking computer, which is now operational again. I am able to see Dr. Audrey is on the surface and state as such, I'm not able to see the CMO before Rex is pulling me toward the hangar.

This is another key moment.

I call out on comms that we are pursuing the doctors to the surface. CMP says "Okay, but don't leave FOB."

That's that, we go down to the surface, see the CMO but lose him. CMP reports to the CO that a PFC has stated that the CMO is seeking to obtain C4 and appears to be acting suspiciously, allegations she finds credible. CO tells the CMP to arrest the PFC for sedition or some other crime that makes both me OOCly and the CMP ICly to basically respond "what the actual f&%k." Rex gets his own report about the CMO requesting C4. At some point the CMP tells us to return to the ship and we immediately board Normandy and return. We're told to report to CIC and we do. CO is pissed again. We're told we went to the surface without CO's permission. We stated the CMP gave us permission. We hadn't heard anything about not having permission to go to the surface (keep in mind we were in standard headsets for all but about 4-5 minutes before we departed). CMP denies she gave us permission, a blatant untruth. I had already believed the CMP had it out for us but this is so egregious I'm starting to think she's trying to get us BE'd. I tell the CO to just shoot me now, I don't know what's happening anymore, I'm apparently living in the upside-down. I tell the CO the CMP has failed to be communicative, has misinterpreted ML relating to CMP not being permitted to pardon offenses, she tossed her MP's under the bus without understanding the situation, and that they are either lying or incompetent about this whole situation with the permission to go to the surface. Either way they are unfit to be a Chief of Military Police. CO basically throws up her hands and tells us to get out. We do.

CO calls an evac. Normandy is expected with all surviving personnel. I say over MP comms to Rex that we should expect the Doctor and CMO to be aboard. And indeed they are. We subdue both, wordlessly but they already have been on the run and were fleeing from us the moment they saw us. When I get the doctor in cuffs, I say, for CSI: Miami effect "YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR RUINING MY DAY!" Then the CO shows up and starts shooting the CMO who Rex had in custody. "Thank God," I think. Then she starts shooting Rex. WTF. CO says she had ordered us to not arrest them. That's an illegal order, the CMO and Doctor were guilty of Jailbreak/Escape and therefore a capital crime. Rex had pointed out to me earlier in the shift that the CO cannot pardon a capital crime without HC permission. CO says that they should not be arrested in the "current situation."

There was no active threat on the ship, it was Code Green, and hijack had yet to be called. This is metagaming what is coming and/or a backdoor attempt to pardon a capital crime. Either way it is an illegal order. I continue to process the Doctor in defiance of the CO and CMP, looking to fax HC over this once she was processed. I had just sealed the cell with the processed doctor inside when hijack is called. I immediately let the Doctor out intending to take her to escape pods but other marines have breached into the brig over this situation. I see myself out stage-left as the Doctor just gets back into their gear.

I go to escape pods and then to squad prep to grab a gun when the crash occurs and I die almost immediately in Alpha prep due to bad RNG spawning the xenos almost right on top of me.

I do believe it was an illegal BE of Rex Texas. As I said, it was either metagaming to think there was a threat on a ship where there was no xenos and Code Green, or a backdoor attempt to pardon a capital crime without HC approval.

Ceyella
    I would like to also mention during the time i was allegedly giving illegal orders a Moderator PM about it, and i asked him to wait a sec for a fax - a fax where i requested a provost (3rd party aribration) to come resolve the matter. and i copy pasted my explaination into the ahelp, and never heard back from the mod. it might have been chat bumped while i was alt-tab, i dunno. I just never heard back after explaining the situation. i later sent another fax after the arrests for a provost, to come and clear things up IC.

As i never heard back from the mod, and i never heard back from the old faxxer, i assumed it was on me as a CMP, to work with captain to address two MPs acting insub.

the specific reason Rex got BE, was that CO very, very specifally said on MP comms. something like "when the shuttle comes up, do not arrest the doctors or bad things/it wont end well" something to that effect. Rex, decided fuck that and mugged the doctor, causing alot of people to go nuts, so CO BE'd Rex for a threat her command. he ignored a direct order, after having done ALOT of questionable stuff that round. For instance, he tried to brig MT Bill for saying. SGT Bill Torres [Almayer (MT)] says, "Ah yes, CMP has no idea how to do marine law" I said, thats nothing, let it go. and he was all INSULTING A OFFICER!! and refused to let it go until captain pardoned Bill. I feel the BE was not so much a specific situation as it was Rex throughout the round ignoring orders, ganking people improperly, and generally acting in a disruptive manner to the command.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't notice the Captain's order over MP comms though it tracks with the CO's consistent obstruction of the arrest for the capital offense throughput the round.

However, the CO had no legitimate reason to request we ignore a capital offense due to the ongoing threat, on Code Green after evac was complete and with no immediate/legitimate threat to ship and crew (unless you were metagaming knowing the hijack was imminent), which makes the order as well as the BE invalid in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a PFC named Bill Bashline that round and i saw a lot of what happened.

My first encounter with this situation happened near brig, where i saw Doctor being questioned by Jack the MP, and CMO standing in the corridor, watching them. Then i was busy whith something for some time and when i came back i already saw CMO hitting the brig window with fire extinguisher. CMO got his ass tazed by Jack, but i shaked him and gave him my shotgun for shits and giggles, which CMO successfully used to finish his glass breaking business (without shots). After that MP got his butt handed over to him by a bunch of medical professionals.

Doctors ran with Jack on their tail, while i went to talk with CMP. From her i heard that Doctor wasnt actually arrested to be subjected to jailbreak, and that MPs are trying to push on them a capital crime. I escorted her to fax the provost and then followed into research, where Rex Texas and Jack were seemingly breaking into armory. At that time i lost sight of CMP and tried to search for her near CIC, when i heard the shots inside. I reported it and watched inside.

Apparently CIC lost power and SO with XO tried to shoot their way out. CO, CMP and Jack with Rex got on the scene, and after that these two MPs arrested XO and SO for damage to government property. CO had enough and said that Rex and Jack are under arrest, so these two handcuffed themselves. There was not much to do, so i deployed from boredom and got into contact with CMO and Doctor, who were helping wounded on the frontlines.

I heard from CMP that Jack and Rex were deploying again for round two of catching the doctor duo, so i relayed that info to CMO and he asked me to escort him to Delta, which i did successfully. After that we rallied near ETA with Doctor and were holding against alien push. I did not heard anything about CMO wanting C4 or wishing to destroy something we were quite busy with trying not to die and save others.

Eventually tho, we got pushed back to the ship. Soon after the landing we saw MPs trying to arrest CMO and the doctor and accidentaly stunning other people. Eventually docs got arrested and Delta (mostly me) started to demand their freedom. It was when CO pulled out a gun and started blasting at Rex (and accidentaly fucking up CMO at the same time, he got revived later). Eventually though she BE'd him and slammed his face on the table a couple of times, all under the approvement of Delta of course.

After that we got Normandy Hijacked and i ordered Doctor to be busted out of the brig, and after it was done we went to pods, evacuating. I never heard anything about C4 from CMO or Doctor, not ingame, not while inside of the pods, not in Dchat.

And then REAL AMERICAN happened. And it was glorious.

Bad english, yes. Deal with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: Cyrella’s post:

Enforcing marine law is not disruptive to command unless you step in for every legal arrest unnecessarily, and only then is it your own misjudgement that’s causing the disruption, not an MP playing their role as the rules demand. Disrespect to a superior is a major crime we can’t ignore despite your own personal opinion on it.