User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yully - Improper BE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Be posting logs shortly.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right, since things have been settled down, I'll state why there was a BE on the MP.

First, at the very start, Rex Texas was about to arrest the MT who insulted the CMP, while CMP didn't cared and never ordered the arrest. I thought that this MP guy was some-what new or some sort of, being so strict. When I heard this about on the radio channel, Parole order on the MT was made so that I can get this MT out of the hands of Rex's. And I'm aware; the parol isn't even valid as MT wasn't on the arrest on the start.

Second, with the doctor's case, at the time of the game, I wasn't having clear information about the incident. However, I believed the CMP more than this Rex guy that has shown the lack of skills previously. So followed by CMP's word, as the doctor is NOT arrested BUT simply was on the investigation, I have considered that it is NOT a jailbreak, but a simple Resisting Arrest on the doctor's side; as they have got out from the SEARCH, while CMO was Trespassing or/and Contraband, due to the fact they had the shotgun and entered the brig.
    Even though the CMO has shown the intention of escaping their doctor, as the doctor wasn't arrested, jailbreak does not apply.

After the incident, while I was deployed to the surface to check our men, then fell back from the front line, I have heard that they, Rex and Jack, was looking for the CMO.
    A CMO, who is on the FoB and at the front of my eyes.
    I have called on the Radio that CMO is in front of me and talking. CMO told me that they were running away from the MPs who are so power-hungry.
    I was incredibly tired at the moment due to the duo MPs giving a serious drama, so I have authorized the CMO to remain on the ground side but should report to the brig afterwords. Or maybe not, I was incredibly tired due to the drama the two were making up. Log is required.
    Even then, if the two want to arrest, I can make the parole as the two didn't commit a capital crime from my point of view.
    Hell, a whole lot of men were dying at the frontline, and medics were nowhere to be seen. I need to handle the mission, then this case later on after the mission.

Later on, I have heard that the MP broke into the CMO's office with their god damned gun, which they MUSTN'T use the weapon at all at the code green to break into somewhere, and when I have notified the two that I'm talking with the CMO.
    No one ever authorized the two to gun the CMO's office down, so they're violating the law.
    At that point, I've decided to head up to the ship's side and handle the two MPs.

I've reached the brig, beginning to talk with the MPs about the doctor and the CMO.
    Soon after I settle this case, I was also about to ask why the two were breaching into the CMO's office despite no one ordered to do so.
    Until I heard the call of 'Shots fired' on the CIC.

Me and the CMP, the duo MPs, rushed to the CIC. The XO and SO are gunning down the doors, due to the lack of power on the CIC. No MTs were on board to fix the Generator on the ship's side.
    As soon as I got the crowbar and entered the CIC, checking any intruders or at least investigate, I've heard the XO and SO screaming for help on the radio. MP duos were arresting my XO and SO.
    What the fuck, I said to myself. Checking the CIC front, MP duo had flashed the XO and SO, then battoned, soon cuffing the SO and was about to handcuff the XO. CMP, of course, ordered to fucking stop, but the two continued until I said stop.

The two did not investigate the situation; Were SO, and XO was trapped in the powerless CIC while there is no crowbar not only around, and also improperly arrested the XO and SO; By flashing and battoning the two which is NOT a proper arrest procedure. The two thinks that the baton and the flashing peoples random and without a word IS the proper arrest procedure, while it is a tool to stop the ARREST RESISTERS.

That point, I was near the edge of the snap. I could've BE'd the MP duos two for arresting my XO and SO for such a retarded reason, alongside with the mass drama the two caused, and dangering my men and my ship.
    But I've held. Calming myself, I've ordered the CMP to arrest the duo MPs by failure to follow the procedure. Least, the two cooperated and got off to the brig.
    Hoping, this will be settled until the mission end.

However, I was wrong.
    As the mission was flown bad, so goes for the duo's action.
    CMP calls out that the two have deployed to arrest the CMO and the doctor, while CMP NOR I have authorized the two to deploy. In this report, I see the two are saying that CMP approved the two to deploy, while CMP is saying they didn't. Log is required here.
    Of course, I have ordered the two to get onto the ship immediately, while just passing over with the PFCs telling to the MPs that CMO wants to C4 the OB cannon.
    As CMO is never capable of planting the C4, nor have a reason to, I've thought the PFC is giving false information or whatever, and ordered the sedition arrest whoever tells that.
    My mind was on edge, hoping this drama torture ends.

While I was checking the MPs who got up to the CIC and made a talk about their deployment, while CMP telling me that they didn't, I got super tired and just waved off, as not only it wasn't the duo MPs fault by deploying to the ground, but also me and the CMP's due to the miscommunications.
    Yes, it was also my fault on this, I should've listened more carefully on the MP radio. Hence why I've decided to wave it off instead, then handle it after the mission end/Evacuation.

And, Evacuation.
    A lot of injured men were on board, but along with CMO and the doctor, thanks to the MP duos' report through the radio.
    I have ordered NOT to arrest the CMO nor the doctor; as 1, there are lots of wounded because of the evacuation and possible infected Marine.
    2, the CMO and the doctor were the only ones who can handle these mass injuries.
    3, the arrest will clog the unloading process of the Normandy after the mass evacuation.
    However, the two fucked up. Delta has called that the duo randomly came and flashed the doctors, then battoned the two down.
    At that god damned time, my patience snapped.

I have lost my XO, who has my Mateba because I didn't want to see my XO to die horribly while helping the IOs for the DEFCON.
    My XO has failed, however.
    And that DEFCON never reached DEFCON 1.
    MP duo made so much noise and gave so much stress to the doctor, CMO, CMP, and me.
    The mission pushed through the limit, while those MP duos took all my attention from the mission to them, ending up mass death because of a lack of orders to Marines.
    And most of all, the two ignored my direct orders NOT to arrest the CMO and the doctor.

As soon as I saw the two on the hanger, I've begun to mag dump my VP pistol on Rex. As he was dragging the CMO, the CMO got killed on the crossfire. In the meantime, SO on the CIC announced my BE. Of course, it is not allowed, nor I have ordered to do so. Later on, I've made my announcement of the BE even when there was a hijack coming in, So BE procedure is not violated.

Right now, I have a headache, even just by thinking of this incident.
    The two, Rex and Jack was bating for the BE. And also, pushing their limits on the rule violations.
    Also, to mention, I wasn't aware that this Rex Texas guy is infamous griefer on the MP side until this report and the mentions of the community on the Discord.
    Because of that information, unless the reporter gets punished along with Jack on this current report, I am planning to make the report against the two about their grief after this report is resolved.
    Apologize of the wacky grammar, I tried my best even by using the grammar adjustment program.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    snip
    This post, so far away from the facts of the incident and implying we as MPs were attempting to incite drama and bait for a BE is so far from the expectations of a proper and professional CO.

I stand by my explanation of the situation. Honestly I thought at the time that the CMP deserved the player report more than the CO as the CMP's inability of communicate and therefore their complete misunderstanding of the situation fed the CO wrong info the whole round, inciting the CO to dislike us. But the fact that a week after the event Yuliy is so salty over this makes me worry about metagrudging in further rounds if they continue as CO. They already appear ready to metagrudge Rex for their "history." Yeah I heard the scuttlebutt on Rex before this round, but I didn't metagrudge and found Rex to be nothing but professional in my interactions with him. (I did not participate in the early MT situation so I don't know much about that piece) My interactions with Rex in the CMO/Doctor situation were of an MP who knew the law and was willing to take stands with me that were in line with the law but not popular with the CO/CMP primarily because the CO's/CMP's actions were not in line with the law (CMP illegally ordering us to ignore major/capital crimes, CO obstructing a capital offense's arrest).

I maintain that my actions were in good faith with marine law. The intent with the SO and XO were to place them in cuffs to understand the situation. I did not hear or register who were making the calls for help, I heard "shots fired CIC" and subdued the only shooters I saw. They appeared actively hostile and in the 3 seconds I had to evaluate the situation, I decided to flash the SO and XO. I cuffed the SO. Rex followed my lead with the batonning and cuffing of the XO. I acknowledge that from the CO's standpoint this might make no sense, Yuliy played with them all round and knew them to be loyal. I was simply responding to "shots fired CIC" and saw two officers shooting (at least one with a shotgun) in our direction (it didn't even register that they were attempting to break out of CIC because that is such a headscratching idea) and no other hostiles, yeah I subdued them non-lethally because that appeared to be what the call was about and the CO appeared to be in their line of fire. As they were actively hostile arrest procedure did not apply, did they expect me to say "you're under arrest please lay down" if they are shooting tactical shotguns in my direction?

Yuliy didn't seem to care about her SO/XO using shotguns on green or the destruction of property implications to destroy a door/glass so their characterization of me as an MP doing the exact same thing rings hollow in my opinion. Still, the fact that I carried the shotgun and broke into the CMO's office is my biggest regret in the whole round. I tried to do the right thing there, I attempted to ask permission more than once on a channel the CO and CMP have access to and those calls went unanswered. I made a judgment call that I now regret because I did not know the CIC tracking computer existed. The medbay tracking computer was offline at the time. It would have saved me the trouble of breaching into an empty room. That the CMP decided that moment was the time to check in to the situation only made things worse as they ignored the fact that an escape occurred and a manhunt was ongoing, so all they cared about was an MP shooting down a door without the context of why they might be doing that.

Yuliy suggests that the CMO/Doctor should not be arrested after evac so they can provide medical treatment for returning marines. The fact that Yuliy allowed them to run around on the surface providing no significant medical treatment in a proper environment for over an hour makes this reasoning also ring hollow.

Yuliy has admitted to intentionally allowing the CMO and doctor, accused and wanted for a crime, to avoid arrest by being on the surface (knowing full well that their being on the surface provided no meaningful medical purpose and in fact severely impaired treatment on the Almayer). If they believed it was not a capital crime at the time they should have called out a pardon. They did not. In addition, to my knowledge Yuliy made no attempt to ask HC for a pardon, the proper way to address a capital crime as CO. This backdoor pardon attempt as well as a second backdoor pardon attempt by an order to not arrest the CMO and doctor returning from evac are clear violations of the Marine Law pardoning rule and the BE of Rex was for disobeying their backdoor pardon. These reasons should be cause enough for the Whitelist Council to take a hard look at Yuliy's status.

I ask the responding staff members to rule on my and Rex's actions so as to avoid a second player report per Yuliy's threat to make one.
    I tried to do the right thing and follow the law. I have no fear of the light being shined on my actions.

Ceyella
    Yuliy assessment of the round matches mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexp has given a pretty spot on report of what happened during that round. Might have been my first round playing with him since I can’t recall playing with his character before, but he knew how to play MP properly and I can’t see any fault in how he performed.

To clear up again the MT incident, he disrespected a superior. Major crime. Law and rules state I have to act. I have been noted in the past for not acting on a crime as an MP. Just because a player thinks you’re being a dick for applying the law against their wishes, doesn’t mean you can break from the law as MP.

What a CO can do is pardon, which they did, immediately after which I uncuffed the MT and released them and carried on with the round. Don’t think I interacted with the MT after that.

Playing the MP role straight isn’t unreasonable.

Ceyella
    The MT never did insult me, and when I don’t consider it an insult, you should let it go. The CONTEXT of him saying “CMP doesn’t know marine law.” Was during a conversation with the CL, where the MT was trying to calm down the CL who was in brig. Bill was just trying to sympathize with the guy. He didn’t just up and randomly insult me, it’s not even an insult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you read marine law, being disrespectful to a superior is enough to charge them. When an MT says over general comms that the CMP does not know marine law, that is being directly disrespectful regardless of context or your own personal feelings on it. I was glad he got pardoned by the CO since then I didn't have to bother processing them, but I can't ignore a major crime as MP.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I get logs and the Council says something. I will resolve it on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just two things I'd like to underline before the logs are posted.

1. My recollection is that the CMO's attempts to break the Doctor out of custody were a direct and immediate reaction to hearing me say that I was officially placing the doctor under arrest. Let there be no confusion, the CMO knew exactly what they were getting into, even if the CO and CMP refused to understand later on.

2. Yuliy appeared to be concerned singularly (instead of primarily) with the combat mission and MP and other RP issues aboard the Almayer appear to have been distracting "drama." It's not drama. It's roleplay. I really make an effort as MP. MPs get hate from all corners and I understand to a point, there are some shitty MPs and I try to improve with each round. But to have MP roleplay in good faith be discarded as "drama" OOCly is not acceptable for a whitelisted CO in my opinion.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Ghost Staffer here. (On phone)
    As stated, I was ghosting that round as I had late joined. Now, I joined around shortly before Rex and the other MP illegally shot down the CMOs door on green alert. When I asked Dchat what happened, they were a bit conflicting but all agreed you guys were the ones being tunneled visioned on the CMO and a doc, wasn't told why clearly. Now, both Rex and his fellow MP keep saying they were following marine law and such, imma already call BS on. 1) if you are trying to do your duty but your CMP or the CO are fucking up, you don't just go around them, as that is Insub at the least to outright treason at the worst; you're supposed to fax high command for a provost and explain why. 2) you guys also failed to follow the law you're claiming to hold above all else when you illegally got guns and instead of getting permission to legally enter and search the CMOs office, (or just use the suit monitors to find them as I KNOW Rex is aware of how to do from experience with him). You guys also didn't follow arrest procedure with the XO or SO when they had to get out of CiC due to power failure. As Bill Bashline and I watched, you immediately batond and cuffed them instead of investigating, or at the very least, command them to lay doan as STATED in the law you guys are claiming to follow to a T:
    Arrest Procedure
    Compliant Suspect (not resisting or running)
    Verbally inform the suspect you are taking them into custody and the charge.
    Order the suspect to the ground.
    Handcuff the suspect.
    Bring the suspect to the Brig for processing.

Non-Compliant Suspect (resisting or running)
    Prepare a non-lethal method of neutralization
    Apply until they are no longer resisting
    Secure the suspect and Inform the suspect of their charge
    Bring the suspect to the brig.
    You guys went straight to Non Compliant, which is a Failure to Follow Procedure (as I'm also aware Rex is aware of as time spent with him and under him when he's CMP'd)
    Maybe I shouldn't be sticking my nose in this, but I'm just honestly tired of people like you two being part of why MPs have such shit reputation in the community.