Date of Incident
    November 24, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Gilbert Alice

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    n/a

Accused Character Name
    Cliff Raser

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    3:00p.m. Central Time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rules 2, 3, 4/14

Description of the incident:
    I joined the round after evac, just in time for the hijack. I went to the Pods, and made it clear that I wanted to evac. When I asked the Liason - Cliff Raser - what they were doing standing around and not on a pod, they claimed they were doing their duty by passing out Ultrazine.

I got into a pod with a researcher - Laurencia Beck - and stood outside it asking for a third. I had a tactical shotgun and revolver belt on my person. The Liason then stood in the doorway of the pod, saying I should leave my weapons if I was leaving. Sure. I took out the shotgun, clicked R, and then clicked behind the Liason.

I accidentally fired (missed input, fat fingers, bug, no clue) and fired one slug. It missed the Liason and hit the Smartgunner (I believe) behind them.

The Liason then opened fire. I loudly proclaimed "SHIT" in character, they fired a round that missed, I said in LOOC: "I meant to throw", and they fired continuously afterwards, hitting myself and the researcher in the pod with me. Eventually, they shot me to death.

As a ghost, I saw them asking marines to shoot the researcher on sight, as they had begun to defend themselves after being shot.

Upon revival, they walked up to me when I was alive but unconcious, and took the armor off my body before taunting at me when I shouted at them for it.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Slap on the wrist, assuming this is their first offense of the sort, Job Ban otherwise. There is no plausible reason for a Civilian to open fire on an Officer and fellow civilian with lethal intent over one stray shot.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs leading up to the incident:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The shot going off and subsequent actions taken by both parties
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dead Chat/LOOC Chat
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to give the accused another day or 2 to respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [14:50:30]SAY: Ghost/CallMeArty : I've never met Beck before in my fucking life, you just shot them like, four times firing on me in a pod.
    This was in response to (I believe) Cliff accusing Laurencia and I of meta-buddying due to Laurencia firing at Cliff after they shot at me. I'm familiar with their name, but I don't believe I've ever had IC-interaction with Laurencia, let alone spoke to them on the discord or some other OOC method.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big thanks to AcuteCircle for messaging me on Byond that I had a report. Had no idea until just now.

Anyway, yeah- I joined at the very end and didn't want to fizzle out my round by evaccing. Cliff is a jarhead above all else, no matter what role he's in- so of course he'd stay behind to blast some aliens. When I saw Gilbert shoot his shotgun I stopped looking at the chat completely and just focused on the left side of my screen. I literally leaned closer to my monitor so I could focus on those two better. I thought he actually meant to shoot me and I got insanely lucky, so I tried murdering him (and the other person in the pod, which I thought was in kahoots with him since she was wielding a shotgun too and in the pod with the person I'd just started shooting.)

This was totally my fault for escalating the situation when I could've very easily just calmed it down and we could all go our seperate ways. I kind of forgot about those two after a while, and only interacted with Gilbert when he came out of the pod with his shotgun and came towards me. I don't really remember if I said anything but I did kill him then. When the PMC ERT came to south pods (huzzah) I told their team leader that they should protect the ship, since I wasn't abandoning it. When I saw the researcher standing at the corner with her shotgun wielded, constantly trying to angle a shot on me while the PMC tried to bodyblock her (understandably, I DID shoot her) I told the PMC to "take care" of her or "deal with" her, I'm not sure which. Since she was, you know, trying to kill me. The PMC didn't hurt her, but kept her from killing me.

Later on I wandered away from my PMC pal and forgot about those two again, but bumbled into them and got blasted by the researcher. I have no clue why I complained in LOOC since I totally deserved it.

Sorry dude. I didn't mean to be an asshole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dorph View Post
    Sorry dude. I didn't mean to be an asshole.
    While I appreciate the apology, that kind of tunnel vision can really fuck people over, especially when there were four shots between two of mine that should have clued you in.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. This does just seem to have been a result of tunnel vision.

So - Dorph, in the future, please be more careful. That's all I can really say here, just be more careful and observant with what you do, and try not to get tunnel vision in a situation like this again.

Anyways, you'll get a note referencing this report.

Resolved - Dorph warned.