Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walling in corpses

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Isn't sending marines to 'scout' only lambda and ETA (never virology) meta? Yes, but it isn't enforced. Suck it up metarines.
    ETA got you covered, fam. ETA is the furthest point on the Big Red. It's like with Civ residences on Prison.

And "Yes", it is enforced. It's called "metarush" if you are there too fassssssssssssssssst.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonset55 View Post
    I fail to see the problem in Xenos playing just a little smart
    You might ask yourself: "Why benos can't drag dead marines anymore?"
    The answer is the same to both.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    dont really care to argue cause yall just want to bitch, but that screenshot is a terrible example for your cause. There are boilers next to the marine walled in. Boilers dont get near the front line. That guy was never going to get recovered.
    Also I don't really care benos do that. What I do care is that some people simply do not admit it's meta and/or powergaming. Big ass Announcement (not on furscord) that this is meta, but this is also OK would quench my marinemain anger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that screenshot really proves anything, there is a pile of walls a few squares west of the marine, a pile of walls right of them, and the walls continue north for several squares. I don't think you can really conclude that those walls were there just to hide that marine.

The devs decided not to make it against the rules, because otherwise you end up with all sorts of inconsistent rulings that xenos have illegaly placed walls or not. Once the battelfield begins to be covered in bodies, xenos have no idea whether they can place walls on or near bodies without someone saying "oh that wall is being used to hide a marine." When actually they just wanted some cover to fight the marines in the area where marines happen to be pushing where all the dead marines are.

If a marine clears some walls and then dies on the spot the walls are at, are xenos going to be forbidden to build there now? If there is a non stop trail of marine bodies in the cave entrances, are xenos not allowed to build any walls there anymore?

Basically anything that is going to give 5 different answers about whether it is against the rules or not from 5 different admins, is a rule you should try and avoid having.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the guy above said, when we were enforcing it it was at the point Xenos we’re getting bwoinked for making legitimate defenses and I didn’t agree with it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    What the guy above said, when we were enforcing it it was at the point Xenos we’re getting bwoinked for making legitimate defenses and I didn’t agree with it.
    Just to be 100% sure: Is that an official statement, that benos (and marines to some extent, but mostly benos in 99.9999%) can power/metagame because it "might be too difficult to enforce" (Since when this is an excuse to not enforce anything at all, not even in the most obvious occurance? It's hard to enforce rule against metabuddying, but it's furiously enforced.)?

Asking for a friend. Hehe (not a shitpost, or a meme).
    Last edited by CABAL; 11-25-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be a foreign concept to some (most) of you, but you don't absolutely NEED to win every round.

There is the possibility that you just play, do your best, but not be a dick while at it. It is possible.

What the issue is a lot of times is that players think they must win at any cost, when that is absolutely not the case. We're not very-LRP or no-RP for a reason. That applies both to xenos AND marines.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a mechanical solution might be better than one more unwritten rule.

Give the SL armour a squaddie tracker. The tracker would operate the same as the IO detector/motion detector, except it only works for 1) marines in the same squad as the SL 2) only revivable but already downed/in critical marines. Make the thing only usable by the SL as well, toggleable like the suit light.

This would make locating walled in marines easier and it would give an incentive to the squad to actually keep their SL alive (right now, there is not much unless you know/like him to begin with).
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to ignore the dead marines bodies when I build xeno defenses tbh. If my wall is overtop of your dead body, then you shouldn’t have died where we needed to build defenses.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh I would only wall in someone under these conditions...

it a spec and we can't gib them, infect+drag to nest to let them perma die, or we can't control the area to prevent marines from retrieving the body. Nothing more disheartening then seeing the same GL or SADAR get those stuns that led to 10 more aliens dying because they just wont stay dead. AND I only wall them in if I remember about them which isnt always the case

because it was funny to make a chamber for some poor sod

I am playing spider hivelord and when people get in my web I might just wall them in, though leaving corpses out in the open encourages others to come in and die to frenzy hivelord tackle+slash

In the end the big thing is this. If they were able to wall you it means your corpse might be well behind enemy lines already so the walls are really redundant or they walled you infront of everyone as a power move and those walls will be down in snap anyway.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    I think a mechanical solution might be better than one more unwritten rule.

Give the SL armour a squaddie tracker. The tracker would operate the same as the IO detector/motion detector, except it only works for 1) marines in the same squad as the SL 2) only revivable but already downed/in critical marines. Make the thing only usable by the SL as well, toggleable like the suit light.

This would make locating walled in marines easier and it would give an incentive to the squad to actually keep their SL alive (right now, there is not much unless you know/like him to begin with).
    ya except they would just use that feature to figure out exactly where the hive is the moment anyone got abducted lol

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we should just skip all this boring stuff, with everyone bitching about queen gibbing and now walling people off (lol really?) lets just skip it all, skip the bullshit entirely, and just add a respawn button for shitty marine players that cant hang on a permadeath game.

Cloning was removed and defibbing was added, husking was removed, decaps were removed, epi was added to make defibbing easier, cpr was added to give more time to revive, ib was nerfed, heavy armor was added to make injuries even less likely, minimedkit was added so every marine can be a medic, now we got queen gibbing being bitched about constantly, now we got people complaining about being walled in (lol still fucking retarded just saying it), and who knows if I forgot anything else.

Just skip the bullshit and remove permadeath and add respawning for all the shitty players. Thanks.

edit: oh I forgot they removed corpse dragging too.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 11-26-2019 at 04:49 AM.