Date of Incident
    November 26, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Jackson T. Murphy

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Ashes2007

Accused Character Name
    Vance "Twitch" Baker

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    22:00 to 2300 CT

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 3, being a dick

Description of the incident:
    The accused was SO for bravo squad, and instead of trying to help the squad through management and direction, proceeded to constantly insult us and berate us, marking medics as insub for doin their jobs, and threatening to call down OB's on any squad member that were not RIGHT at the point of the spear, and took joy in the fact that Bravo was dying quickly in the meat grinder

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I have the logs, but only the latter half of the situation, due to a crash on my end.

Loaded font size setting of: 15px

Loaded ping display of: visible
    Spoiler Spoiler:

How you would punish the accused:
    just... someone tell him that is not how to play as an SO, because it is causing grief to their entire squad that they should be helping.
    Last edited by forest2001; 11-30-2019 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Added CKey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll get logs for this one. Give me a day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have recorded a significant portion of the SO's behavior. The video is currently being uploaded and will take a while yet. I will post the link as soon as I wake up tomorrow. Additionally, there is an extensive amount of other behavior by other individuals that is questionable. As much as it would be tiresome, I strongly urge staff to watch all of the video(s) once posted.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may a little bit of background:

As Bravo deployed to the LZ to establish a FOB, I do believe that there was only 1 or 2 SOs at the time (Correct me if I'm wrong) providing Overwatch. After maybe 20-30 minutes the CO ordered for Bravo SL to push towards the front line which was maybe East of Canteen or East of Aerodrome. In this critical moment the SL revealed his baldness by aimlessly wandering around Medical, West or NW. Not only that, but before all of this and during the buildup of the FOB, he had divided the squad into several FTs, further increasing the confusion of everybody on who to follow or what. (Even the appointed FTL of FT1; a PFC, didn't know where to go, himself a baldie.)

At this point, everybody, including me, got irritated as fuck and began arguing and telling people where to go. There was even an incident where the Bravo SL in question started firing wildly, causing FF to several Bravo Marines around him (whether this was intentional or accidental is unknown).

So naturally in a heated way, we began asking Command on the net to give SL to either Spec or another teammate who knew his way around, even as we miraculously moved East towards Canteens. This is where the SO's behavior comes into question. Not only did he brush aside our objections, he didn't even try to understand the situation as we explained it to him. Instead he kept on insulting and arguing with Marines, hinting that he believed that the entire Squad was trying to avoid combat and viewed us with disdain. Naturally there were heated exchanges and the SO started threatening Marines with charges of insubordination, especially the Bravo Medics who were at this time healing and reviving Marines coming off the line.

In defense maybe he had just woken up from Cryo and was dejected and depressed to discover he had to command Bravo. Or maybe not....

Still for whatever reason, I agree with the OP of this thread. He could had been less of a dick and maybe more of a help to the Squad. (As for Outcast Seer's comments, there was even one Bravo Marine trying to practice cannibalism on a dead Colonist but I do believe that's a separate issue.)

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs from Vance for this round:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna wait another day or 2 for the reported to respond, and then I'll handle this.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. This is pretty simple. I don't see the SO breaking any rules in the logs provided, and it just seems like the SO was just new and...bad at his job. We'll be getting timelocks soon, so those should sort out problems like this from happening again.

Resolved - No action taken.