Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJG - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    JJG

Player Name You Use Most?
    Henry Hard

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I feel like Battlefield executions should only be used when a player needs to be removed from the round ASAP.
    Either because they are harming marines or because they are seriously hurting the marines ability to operate.
    So mostly for griefers and shitlers that are actively hurting marines and aren't admin slept.

For everything else I would use regular Executions. They give MPs something to do and Marines something to watch. They also give players an opportunity to explain themselves and take long enough for something unexpected to happen. In comparison a BE just stops whatever a player was doing cold in its tracks.

As an example of shitlers: If a Marine would come up to me with a knife and attack me for no real reason then I would not bother to try and disarm him or wait for MPs. I would shoot him.

As an example of a player hurting marines: Excessive FF. A player repeatedly blowing up marines with HEFAs during an Almayer defense.
    Throwing one bad HEFA is an accident throwing two or three and killing or seriously injuring those around you is met with a prompt bullet to the head. This might be controversial but there is a point at which the lines between baldness and griefing blur together.

But really, for 99% of cases I think regular Executions conducted by the MPs are superior.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    Hard runs his ship "Hard but fair". He has little time for incompetence but ultimately values his Marines and doesn't give them suicidal orders even if they might have lead to a victory.

Insubordinate Engineering Staff:

I find it highly unlikely that the entire engineering staff would refuse to do their job. In any case, I would need the generators set up and the OB loaded. I would try to negotiate with the CE/MTs if no Synth was available to at least fix up the power and set the SMES. If they vehemently refuse to do their job I would have them thrown into prison for neglect of duty. Then I would call a Squad engineer to the CIC, update his ID and have him take over as a pseudo MT to at least keep the ship relatively operational.
    And if I find their IC justification sorely lacking I will probably ahelp it as well.

Incompetent Staff Officer:

Staff Officers really only screw up in three ways.
    They either OB a whole bunch of marines.
    Rile up Marines against Command.
    Fail to communicate and just sit there seemingly SSD.

In case of misfired OB, I would determine how bad the damage was and what exactly happened. If some SL told him to fire then the fault at least partially rests with the SL. In any case, most likely demotion or if it was really bad, execution.

If they try to incite a mutiny I would talk to them first to find out why they have a problem with my Command and if the problem cant be solved have them arrested for sedition.

If they fail to communicate I will tell em to leave their station and look over the shoulder of a fellow Staff Officer for 10 minutes until they understand how their role works.

An XO that questions command:

Questioning my command in front of the men is unacceptable.
    I would talk with him privately in my quarters to work out whatever problem he has.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    As the commander it is my responsibility to make sure that each department is doing its job and act as the ultimate authority when it comes to the ship.
    I go wherever I am needed most but my place is mostly on the bridge watching over what my Command Staff is doing and making the broad strokes when it comes to strategy. I also take the blame when shit goes south regardless of whether or not I was actually responsible.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    A PDA that has access to a Tactical Map as well as Overwatch capabilities.
    Ultimately the marines are my responsibility and if I have to step off the bridge to take care of something I wish to stay up to date.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I am not planing to be a meme and I am not going for the RP gold medal.
    I simply wish to help the marines have fun and try to keep them alive and its easier to achieve that when you are the highest authority on the ship.
    I value my men and would never give them orders that would lead to early squad wipes that cause nothing but deadchat salt.
    Also my announcements are on time...

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Henry Hard joined the USCM as a Private to help his single mom repay the mortgage on their house.
    The pay wasn't good but it was considerably better than being a farmer back on Earth. Through countless campaigns Hard proved himself exceptional at crushing the enemies of the United States, CLF and UPP alike.

After 10 years in the USCM Hard had worked himself up the ranks from Private to Captain after demonstrating his superior battlefield knowledge time and time again. The Enlisted personnel serving under him would claim that blackmail was involved in his meteoric rise up the ranks but the USCM High Command paid these rumors no mind and so Hard was given Command of the USCM Frigate USS Titanic.

Unfortunately on its maiden voyage to the outer colonies, the USS Titanic met with a fatal accident as it collided with a wayward space iceberg and subsequently sank.

After a lengthy military trial, it was ultimately concluded that Captain Hard was not to be held accountable for the accident and High Command admitted that they should not have challenged fate, and that they "[...] should have seen this coming."

While officially Hard received no punishment, his reassignment as Commander of the USS Almayer would show otherwise.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie literally every time I play marine I interact with you one way or another. Great person to RP with and would make a fine Captain. +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    titantic joke xd + 1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoulda became a spriter
    +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately we may never get to see you as a spriter.

But on the bright side we may get to see you as a Captain.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 great player, good app.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That guy is in the same time competent and a good RolePlayer. Would love to serve under his command +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only good things to say about you whenever I see you in game.

+1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like henry as a PFC, and specialized roles; has my back all the time

but im gunna have to go neutral because ive never seen him go CIC nor have i seen him as SL in a long time

sorry man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    i like henry as a PFC, and specialized roles; has my back all the time

but im gunna have to go neutral because ive never seen him go CIC nor have i seen him as SL in a long time

sorry man
    I never SL. I get aSL most the time anyways as soon as the SL dies.
    I roll XO about twice a week. When I go command I go into full focus mode. My PFC playing doesn't come close. So playing Command is quite stressful, usually not what I do as soon as I come home from a long day at work.

So two or three times a week I will set XO to HIGH. Otherwise I will have XO on Med or Low.
    Also, I need to be there at roundstart because except for lowpop, its impossible to get a command role otherwise.
    Last edited by JJG; 01-10-2019 at 02:35 PM.