User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huey Jazzton, Gy1ta23 - Huey: 4. Paynter: 15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huey Jazzton, Gy1ta23 - Huey: 4. Paynter: 15.

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    Destrok

Date of Incident
    November 30, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Manuel Conrad

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Huey Jazzton, Gy1ta23

Accused Character Name
    Huey Jazzton, Charles Paynter

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    5:30 PM (maybe?)

What rule(s) were broken:
    Huey: 4. Paynter: 15.

Description of the incident:
    All starts as usual. I'm CT (role I rarely play, just doing it for SEA really.) and I'm immediately stopped by the RO (Huey Jazzton) before even exiting the room. He says he has a very special job for me, blah blah, in essence he wants me to write down EVERY SINGLE ATTACHMENT OR ARMAMENT ORDERED DURING THE REQ RUSH.

I agree to do it, I think it could be fun. And so I do.
    After writing it all down and the rush ends, I go to format it, but he just yells at me to give him his paper or something and takes the unformatted draft paper before disappearing into nothingness, presumably to do his job. Okay.

Later on, as I'm serving some more marines, he starts seeking trouble with me and another CT (Name unknown), telling us to stop moving or whatever while he talks to us - he tells us he wants us to DISASSEMBLE EVERY SINGLE CHAIR ON THE SHIP, which is fine, but he does not ask the CE or XO or CO for permission - according to SOP, to disassemble constructions in a public non-departamental area, you need either CE+XO approval, or the CO's approval. So he's giving us an unlawful order.

We both agree, and I was going to ask the CO for permission before doing it, but he constantly tells us to stop moving as we gear up from the autolathe (wrenches for disassembling stuff) before he calls the MPs in - Paynter comes in. RO says nothing except "Arrest him for disrespect" (referring to me) which Paynter does not question at all, he does not gather any evidence, he does not question what the disrespect WAS. However - this IS in Marine Law. It's called an Officer Requested Arrest - but evidence must be gathered, and if none is found, the issuing officer will be arrested for Prevarication (which, to be fair, one of the like 2 decent MPs in the team that round did later on).

So I'm arrested - but improperly. Paynter immediately jumped to the "non-compliant subject" procedures after telling me to get on the ground - he gave me maybe 1 second, I was standing perfectly still and about to hit my rest macro, but he just tazer'd me twice, bashed me with the tazer, then peppersprayed me maybe 6 times in total as he dragged me off to the brig. He did not bother setting a timer for me, or giving me my charges, he delegated that to one of the other MPs as he ran off to do something else.

So now - Requisitions is manned solely by the RO (2 CTs arrested - my partner and myself, the other one training some PFC I think?) who also REFUSES to give marines attachments apparently, which I overheard over general comms, tons of marines whining about not getting their stuff and being unable to deploy.

In essence, the RO tried as hard as he could to grief the round in Requisitions, the situation was only solved because myself and my partner were pardoned by the CO, and the other CT also came in to help out. Paynter failed to follow procedure for basically everything he did in regards to me that round, and the RO was infatuated with having me arrested or something.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Absolutely none, but it is all in the logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    For Juey, either a heavy warning or a jobban from RO if he's done similar things in the past.

For Paynter, I believe he's known for having a particularly bad reputation so I'd say a jobban from MP.
    Last edited by forest2001; 12-01-2019 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added CKeys

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs, ho boy, this is a LOT.

Melissa Trelawney - MP/CMP, unsure
    Charles Paynter - MP
    Huey Jazzton - RO
    Manuel Conrad - CT
    Quinton Shupe - CT

Giving out the paperwork job to Manuel

Spoiler Spoiler:

Giving out the paperwork job to Quinton

Spoiler Spoiler:

Between these two logs, the RO only talked with the XO and some people in line, nothing related to the report.

Getting the chair disassembling task + calling the MPs to req

Spoiler Spoiler:

The arrest

Spoiler Spoiler:

The arrest part 2, probably at the brig too

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cutting here. After this, Quinton got arrested as well, after he punched the MP twice, Charles and others went back and forth about how DASO/ORA should be handled. The logs go on for 500+ lines. I did not find anything about the RO refusing attachments.

Tell me if I missed anything. I added Trelawney's lines afterwards (as I didn't see it first she was present).
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, thanks for pulling the logs. You got most of everything in.

- The logs don't mention that I was peppersprayed roughly 6 times, the only indication of that is my involuntary *scream-ing.
    - The logs don't include marines bitching about Req being closed and being unable to deploy. This is around the time I'm in my brig cell, and I explain to the marines all of Req is missing except the RO.
    - Trelawney was the MP. Franze Schniekelheimer or something like that was the CMP. From what I could see they did their job perfectly.

[16:26:18]SAY: Huey Jazzton: I stated very clearly that I was not done talking to him, he simply walked away
    - This statement is false. I was walking to the room with the Autolathe (southwest part of Req) to print myself a wrench. I did not walk away, I was simply getting the tool I needed to perform the order he gave me. I was within eyeshot at all times and made no attempt of insubordination.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and I might as well add.

[16:25:25]SAY: Melissa Trelawney: Okay, ORA is fine.
    [16:25:28]SAY: Melissa Trelawney: But get evidence.
    [16:25:30]ATTACK: (Melissa Trelawney) grabbed (Manuel Conrad)
    [16:25:32]SAY: Charles Paynter: Eh.
    [16:25:34]SAY: Charles Paynter:We can bullshit it.

Just himself admitting he arrested me without evidence - a "guilty until proven innocent" mindset.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just adding it real quickly, that we, for some reason, don't log pepperspraying, so I cannot get those. (They weren't cut out of the logs intentionally.)
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna wait another day or 2 for the reported to respond, and then I'll handle this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I fucked up majorly, yeah, I have a terrible reputation, and yeah, I didn't arrest properly. And I totally would take the job-ban, as I absolutely deserve it. The only problem is that I'm already job-banned from MP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I'm content on that front but there's still the issue of Huey who I'm not sure has a discord OR a forum account.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alerted Huey Jazzton to this report via discord, gonna give them a day to respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright I will start off by saying that this was not my fault that you were arrested, as I stated in the first place -

[16:21:33]SAY: Huey Jazzton: Manuel is being very disrespectful
    [16:21:38]SAY: Huey Jazzton: I want him punished

Assuming that the MP will follow the protocol and rules of arresting I was expecting nothing more than him telling you not to do it again. Furthermore I explicitly chose my words as not to say that you should be arrested, I left it under the MP's discretion after that point. The only thing that I actually did incorrectly in this situation was not asking permission for the chair disassembly, I find it to be unfair that the MP's failure to follow marine law and arresting protocols on be on me for expecting him to do so.