User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time Lock Feedback

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think SO should be timelocked like at all. Being incompetent is right there in the source for SOs. Baldie SOs are best SOs to be honest, since only they have the balls to do the sensible thing and go the incompetent out of touch micromanager route.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    I don't think SO should be timelocked like at all. Being incompetent is right there in the source for SOs. Baldie SOs are best SOs to be honest, since only they have the balls to do the sensible thing and go the incompetent out of touch micromanager route.
    That just a new SO tbh, a baldie SO is mute and can't find the overwatch console and generally beyond the definition of useless. I don't want Freeman as my SO, I want someone that tells me when my spec dies

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a mentor of around 4 years.

I can say this new system is amazing. I'd much prefer to have a PFC who doesn't even know the HuD than a SL.

It saved me relobbying them with assistance with staff (which I'd have to explain for them to ghost which was always a pain)

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind extending private lock to 12 hours.

It's useful beyond comparison when dealing with people as an MP or SL.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 12-17-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PVT change is amazing, one of the most interesting things I've seen in CM in ages. Every time someone was retarded in comms I was always thinking 'man, sometimes this community is a bit shit' now though I just have to look and see PVT rather than PFC and I realise it's just an FNG. It really helps to know who's knew so you know what to expect. I definetly support extending ithe PVT timer to 8 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many persons before me said:

PFC PVT rang is awsome, really helps you realize how many new people is around you. As many people also said, would love to see time for PVT extended.

Also, as one person before me suggested: You should unlock medic by playing doctor not other way around. Doctor is really more calm of this 2 roles, and really helps new players how medical systems works, and what pill do whats without need to fight with xenos for theyr life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    The PVT change is amazing, one of the most interesting things I've seen in CM in ages. Every time someone was retarded in comms I was always thinking 'man, sometimes this community is a bit shit' now though I just have to look and see PVT rather than PFC and I realise it's just an FNG. It really helps to know who's knew so you know what to expect. I definetly support extending ithe PVT timer to 8 hours.
    It's 9 hours right now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teruyo View Post
    As many persons before me said:

PFC PVT rang is awsome, really helps you realize how many new people is around you. As many people also said, would love to see time for PVT extended.

Also, as one person before me suggested: You should unlock medic by playing doctor not other way around. Doctor is really more calm of this 2 roles, and really helps new players how medical systems works, and what pill do whats without need to fight with xenos for theyr life.
    As someone who routinely plays both of these roles, they are too different to timelock I feel.

One is conducting surgeries, creating chemicals, stocking shelves, and making sure stuff stays clean.

Medic is entirely for stabilization of patients (with the occasional evac). Medics will never perform surgery, and they will never create chemicals. The only thing new medics might not know about without actual experience is more intricacies like combined chemicals (KeloDerm/TriBica/etc.) or how to treat unusual symptoms (high toxin, IB field treatment). Neither of those is something the Doctor role will teach though. As CMO I routinely have doctors refuse to touch the chem machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    It's 9 hours right now.
    Make it 10, that way it covers a whole ice round.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think complete baldie SOs are a problem. If it's lowpop, it's just the same as not having a SO. If there's otherwise a full CIC, someone would teach the baldie quickly:
    "LT, see that blue table over there. Everyone in that squad is completely green too, so you're still more experienced than them. Sit there and call them out for every single thing that seems wrong."
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew