Your Character Name?
    Bill Carson at the time.
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12am to 2am
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation
    a. Contact anyone involved and get their side of the story. Also, check logs. It may not be immediately visible WHO caused the situation, and you may need to talk to several people to figure it out. Try to do this as quickly and efficiently.
    Description of the incident
    During an LV-624 round, I decided to do something different. I asked the permission of Fitchace before I set out, and he gave me the go-ahead: to play as Captain Bill Carson. I wanted to know what it was like to be in the shoes of Bill during his captain rounds, and that’s what I tried to accomplish. I joined the round, gave orders for our FoB and Delta Scouting, and attempted to play a normal round. As the marines deployed to the surface, however, things started to go off the rails.

I had to deal with a multitude of ship side issues, ranging from the Mps pranking me with a fake execution, predator gear recovery, and a potential High Command fax. Seeing this, and with the marines winning handily, I left the operation in the hands of my XO while I was straightened everything out. As I handed over command, I thought we’d wrap up the operation in a few minutes.

I was wrong.

The tide quickly turned, and before I knew it the marines were being routed to the FoB. It was looking grim, and to make matters worse, I realized Delta was planning a mutiny against me. Not wanting to take on Delta squad with my CIC and MP forces, I called the marines back to the ship to try and put it down.

During which I constantly heard on Delta comms of a mutinying happening. At which time I kept hearing for Delta to find me, and a multitude of things that made me fear for my life. So, I ran around the ship. Later I ran up to upper engineering with delta still screaming for my head, and hid in a locker for about thirty seconds. After thirty seconds I ran out into the hall and Delta surrounded me.

When Delta had me cornered, I made the decision that I was not going to let a band of mutineer bastards take me alive as hostage. However, instead of killing myself via Mataeba, I used the Predator relay as a suicide bomb. Here, I admit fault. I should not have meta’ed the relay as a grenade, and I accept the responsibility and note for that. As for why I’m writing the report – THIS is the note.

“Player heavily warned for impersonating Bill Carson (with permission from the actual player of Bill Carson), resulting in extensive LRP, screaming about wanting to evac despite the dropship not having been hijacked yet, and overall, in my personal opinion, baiting a mutiny. The player also blew themselves up after being captured as part of the mutiny using a Predator beacon, which they would have no IC knowledge of being a bomb. The behavior exhibited was unacceptable, especially for someone playing as CO. |
    Please get this shit fixed.”

This note doesn’t accurately describe the situation. Playing as another persons character is not against the rules as far as I know, and I even went through the effort of getting Fitchase’s permission beforehand. I don’t believe my actions regarding the evacuation should be considered Lrp either. As for the mutiny baiting, I truly did NOT try and bait a mutiny, I gave legitimate orders and left the mission in capable hands.
    Evidence
    Server Logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    Change/Remove my note, and let the staff member know they should investigate a situation better for the next time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really explain in the report the reason why I was telling the XO to evac, but the reason wasn't because of the Xenos. The reason I consistently told the XO for evacuation was for me because I was being hunted by Delta and feared for my life. Nothing is Lrp about that, and I'd even say it's Hrp. Also, during the talk with Grim and after I asked if we could speak in Discord about the situation; they said no for log purposes. I believe if we would've been able to speak on a better messaging than SS13 the situation would've gone a lot different because the things that were being said made no sense, and seemed like they didn't understand the situation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty. Whilst Soldier is out of country, he's left me to do all the things, I'll be taking a look at this when I get home from work and take a look into the logs.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So! I've looked through the logs of the round and had a chat with Emerald. It has been ruled that as long as you had permission from Fitchace to use his characters name, then that is fine to use it.

However, the logs from the round do corroborate a LRP element to it, especially for a CO. So, the note will be changed to remove the use of Carsons name as an issue. Though the LRP element of the note will stand as it was not a ban and was just a warning for future rounds.

As for Grim? He investigated the situation from what logs we have and deemed that your behavior in the round was LRP, though logs cannot show me where you were when you spoke or where you moved, I do believe that any other player would be noted for such activities as trying to exchange the COs mateba for a basketball, screaming for EVAC might be construed as a "typical" Carson thing to do and given that the hijack was not yet in progress was uncalled for. Using the pred beacon knowingly to commit suicide does indeed fall into the metagaming side of things, but all those things were noted in the note and will remain there. As such, the only "failing" on Grims part was putting the Carson name into the note but because this has only been clarified by Emerald to me in the last 10 minutes because this situation has not occurred before, no punitive measures will be taken as he was acting in his best interpretation of the rules as he is fully allowed to do. With the ruling in place this should remove this issue in future.

Resolved. Note will be edited to reflect the ruling. No measures taken against Grimreaper
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager