Byond ID?
    optimisticdude

Marine Name
    Douglas Borde, Kim Hwang-il

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Ridgewell

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetics can only fight when their, or another marine's life is endangered without any means of negotiation, retreat or help.

For example, if a Synthetic is shot at by a CLF fighter, the Synthetic can attempt to retreat; but if retreat is unavailable, the Synthetic must fight the CLF fighter until it either retreats, or dies.

Likewise, xenomorphs share the same principle with the CLF, or UPP. In the case of mutiny however, it is in the Synthetic's player to decide what side to choose, but the Synth must not involve itself in combat unless in self preservation.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

This is my story, but this text is to extend my answer to atleast 100 characters. This section is otherwise unnecessary.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Ridgewell was designed in the 60s during the boom of Marine enlistment during the brutal Tienstin Campaign, which produced unmotivated and questionably trained Marines in order to discipline and guide them with a heartless and decisive fashion.

Inspired off personalities such as Platoon Corporal Richard Nauyokas from Bad Lads' Army, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket and Sergeant Major John Sixta from Generation Kill, he is designed to improve morale and strike loyalty into Marines with a mix of non-violent harshness and morale-boosting speech.

Due to regulations, modifications were made to his programming to be less hostile and aggressive to be suitable for shipside operations on rowdier ships with newer or dubious marine troops.

However, his regimen of strict discipline and yelling is greatly restrained during the post-operation R&R, or during intense combat, in order to make him fully attentive on his duties.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    As a survivor and MT main, I have a lot of experience in Engineering; from construction to deconstruction, to hacking and some small niche skills in cases of emergencies, such as wiring and setting up a PACMAN and power cell synthesis.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Out of the four fields, this is the one where I have least experience. Granted, I do know my consoles, but I'm more comfortable with SL, where it's more hands-on and exciting, or RO, a more mellow way of operating Consoles and leading small groups of Cargonians.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    As a survivor and doctor main, I am very familiar with medicine (as most of the time, you need it in order to survive). I know my meds, I know my core chems (although I have a challenge for niche ones like paracetamol or some wacky stuff like that, kinda do need the chem guide for those), and I know surgery; both conventional and ghetto.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    One of my earliest roles was as a CT, learning the ropes from how ammunition dispensing works, how to pack flares and how to use autolathes, so I've gotten a lot of experience as a CT. I also played some RO before transitioning as a SL/CE, learning the ropes of managing points and paying for good supplies rather than a shit ton of sentries.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Now I don't have the natural skill/talent to robust xenos as a Squad Marine, so I always played a lot of support out of wishing to help the marines who could robust, and the fact that I enjoy support more than frontlining (as it is still just as important).

However, there are times where people get very frustrated because their support players are bald, or lacking in number (maybe a bald medic, or a lack of engineers), and sometimes, I can't play it all. However, Synthetic allows me to overcome those issues of lacking flexibility and be an universal support.

I also enjoy shipside RP with MTs, and Synth seems like a new angle to do that. (hah imagine RPing doe :moyai

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I solemnly swear that I will not piss off Marines on purpose.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the story before and it's fine IMO. Answers are good. Player isn't a shitter and knows not to insult marines as synth. Overall +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for optimisticdude's competence in medical, engineering and RP. I've played alongside the guy as a survivor, I've seen him as a medic, I've played tons of MT with him and he's clearly capable of RP way higher than the current standard of the server, at least in my eyes. I've no doubt he can handle this whitelist. I also enjoyed his story and think his quirk could be cool if he sticks to it.

+1
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your quirk is that you try to yell inspiring things?

What will you do when (not if, when) marines tell you "synth lives dont matter shut up", or command orders you to stop talking?

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    So your quirk is that you try to yell inspiring things?

What will you do when (not if, when) marines tell you "synth lives dont matter shut up", or command orders you to stop talking?
    As superjo jokingly responded to me, he's essentially "DRILL INSTRUCTOR SYNTH", but he is also a morale officer as you mentioned. The Synth values cleanliness, order and discipline, and will enforce it while doing his support duties in order to improve the ship, which is support based on interpretation.

If a Marine tells me something like that, it's all case by case. In most frontline situations, I will probably ignore it; I simply do not have the time to respond back if I'm doing construction and medical work on the front lines. However, if there's a bit of down time and the marine says that, I may respond back with "MARINE! Police that behavior and your bloody uniform, and focus on the mission!", given that it would be foolish to be overtly hostile and undermine unity in the marines.

If command orders me to stop talking, as a Synth, I'll comply; I should not insubordinate against my officers as a Synthetic, especially one that is centered around discipline and respect to authority, it would be completely against the Synthetic's values.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the quirk, could lead to interesting rp scenarios. Seems like a good player so +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay good luck korean medic +1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Likewise, xenomorphs share the same principle with the CLF, or UPP. In the case of mutiny however, it is in the Synthetic's player to decide what side to choose, but the Synth must not involve itself in combat unless in self preservation."
    Synths don't get to pick what side to choose, they can either choose to be an active loyalist or remain impartial to the conflict. A small nitpick but important to note nonetheless.

You've messed up before, but overall I can vouch for your medical competency, especially since you've been grinding it out to get a synth whitelist. You seem like a genuinely good dude who's just looking to have fun on CM, and I see no major issues with you or your application, so I'd be glad to have you on the synthetic whitelist.

+1
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got enough support and the app is ok.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted.