HeleC - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    HelennaC

Marine Name
    Aida Clark

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Yaz'Gashi

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I am familiar current Code of Honor.

Yautja Character Story
    [Full Story at Google Docs]
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Strength, endurance and agility. What Yaz'Gashi lacks in regards to these attributes compared to her other hunters is offset by her keen intelligence. She was crouching on a tree limb, flipping through the pages of that worn book. Pages after pages full of various diagrams and writings were evident. Everything she learned from her training was recorded by herself in this book, which it was her encyclopedia. Suddenly, a loud explosion was heard far north, prompting her to stand up to survey her surroundings and then towards the direction of interest. Four planet-days had passed since the hunt had begun and she had seen none of the hunters ever since. She had received all the training she had and yet, this feeling of uneasiness is something she had trouble brushing off. She felt alone and inexperienced, typical of a young blooded hunter. But she knew that at this point, if the hunt won't come to her, then it would be her to come to the hunt. Time was ticking and it will soon be up. No more waiting games anymore.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Yaz'Gashi prefers to study and understand before she decides to interact with unknown things. It doesn't matter how much ready you are, preparing yourself first before engaging is always a wise move that she acquired across her training and past experiences. Observing others to understand them better means choosing a perfect place and appropriate moment for it; after all, you can’t hunt a target or engage in a duel while many others are nearby which could easily interrupt the duel or hunt. Setting up traps and observing if whoever is of interest is truly worth being hunted by her. Watching and interacting always come first before the conflict and even if the conflict comes to her, she has no interest in prolonging it and fleeing would be a wiser move. She's the hunter and hunting will only start when the hunter desires.

As a predator I see myself trying to pass the message for both xenomorph and humans that there’s no safe place to hide while you’re being hunted, something will be watching those worthy of being hunted and if not they will be reminded this is no battlefield but a hunting ground as soon they carelessly explore areas that supposedly are safe. As for those unworthy, they’re a waste of time and no hunter should bother observing them as for those that show themselves as worthy of some attention, they will in the future if not taking a major role for their cause, tested before proceeding with further interactions.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    In an honor duel, it is a duel between two warriors unenlivened in honor and equivalence. They are fighting because not only they're equal to each other but also this match would mean more than just another combat, they're fighting fairly with both having the possibility to win. None of those two should be injured nor incapacitate from giving their 100% in a duel. An honor duel in simple terms is one if not the most prestigious deed in Yautja society.

In a hunt, there’s only the hunter and the prey. The hunter necessarily is hunting for a worthy prey in a hunting ground. There can be more than one hunter in the same hunting ground but another hunter shall never hunt the same prey from another fellow hunter. There’s no need for equality between the hunter and hunted, it is up for the hunter to evaluate and judge if said prey is worth the time but once again following a set of rules called the Code of Honor and putting his honor at first. A hunter shall never hunt an injured prey nor defenseless one and if such prey is considered unworthy the time of the Yautja there’s no need to even continue hunting the same prey. A hunt is one of the foundation of the Yautja society as every Young Blood needs to hunt and slay a Xenomorph to become a blooded one.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I desire to create a bond with other warriors, to understand and speak about their previous experiences, hunts, notes they keep to themselves and previous encounters always come handful for someone that seeks to understand more before proceeding to do it herself. Talking is different from doing however there's nothing wrong than knowing the mistakes others made. There’s also the need if another warrior requires a second eye-witness being another warrior to witness their honor duel, that would be one of the few things not only I would like to be part as the bystander but also have another experienced hunter watching over the duel.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I want the whitelist because I believe the predators are more than just an honorable observer, they're a feature and greatly add to the atmosphere of the round. I want to interact with others, socialize and contribute with a story about my recent blooded Yautja, I seek storytelling between not only my character and other Yautjas but also with humans and perhaps Xenos. I want to improve the story behind my character with others and avoid the common combat pace to something more interesting and rich in content.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear, Are you okay with the fact people might hunt you all game just cause your a pred?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm completely fine by that, I'm well aware after observing predators multiple rounds while writing the story about my predator that they get harassed by almost every marine and xenomorph.
    And once again, I don't believe storytelling is all about only good things and interactions but about the story we build in the end, with bad and good things mixed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so going over the app, honestly I have a lot of thoughts.

Holy crap, this for sure is a top tier application.The amount of Effort you put into this is not even put into some Synth or CO apps.

I can tell you really want this whitelist. You've put a lot of dedication into the story, perhaps too much. This is one of the longest apps I've ever seen. However, I'm not going to ding you for it.

Your pred having been shamed in such a way is an interesting twist, honestly i feel that in most cases you wouldn't even have an iota of a chance to get this to work for a pred character... but I think it's a relatively interesting twist, and it's something I've never seen before. Will your pred have these quirks often on hunts? I feel that there are quite a few preds now that don't do any kind of ritual, and many are very quiet. Having anything new is definitely a nice thing.

I feel I can support this app... I would like to see more games with you.

Forum activity is kinda low, if you get accepted for the whitelist you'll need to review pred apps as well, so you may want to work on that.

+1
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 01-04-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your support!

I do have plans to keep my character like this for a long while until I build a good story and relationship with other predators. She's still a fresh one and there's a lot to learn not only about herself but also about other hunters including their story and many hunts they experienced across years. (Of course, she will learn with her mistakes at some point but there's nothing wrong in asking for advice)

About the forum activity, I don't plan on stopping just here, I also do my part on discord. I'm always open for anyone to send their story and I will be there to help, sadly there are not as many applications here lately on the predator whitelist forum but as long I see one, long or short ones I will do the possible to reply but do keep in mind I don't want to just -1 it or +1 with a few words, I want to make a good review and show to others they could either improve or tell them something I felt that is missing and could make a big change. (Big fan of a few youtube channels such as GmanLives and ICARUSLIV3S, so when it comes to reviewing I won't just put a few words, I will put my heart on it)
    Aida Clark - The story so far

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen you in game enough to know youre not some bald. good application too. Yea ill see a +1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there, HelennaC

The council and I want to thank you for your application. We found your character and story to be a breath of fresh air and quite unique. It was definitely something that stood out and kept our attention.

This story + Plus almost no disciplinary history + hundreds of hours in the last couple of months alone is enough for us to give this application the seal of approval.

One thing I am going to ask of you however is that you engage with the community more on the forums and other mediums.

I have already messaged Bancrose, expect your perm's soon.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your perms should be updated Forum/Gamewise.