Byond ID?
    Omegagachi

Marine Name
    Timmy Doogood/AYY7

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Tommy

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Well, if you give me a SG or other guns, preferably with AP rounds I can hold position against a few xenomorphs, maybe even a couple tier threes depending on the positioning. I'm really slippery, I can make it decently far out of a hive depending on if they have a lot of doors, walls etc.

Synthetic Character Story
    It was a cold day on Ivan’s Igloo, a small CLF “liberated” colony on the outskirts of colonized space. However, the small ice colony slowly began to heat up as gunfire, grenades and orbital bombardments thrashed the small colony, the USCM and CLF were in a heated battle for control of this once Weyland-Yutani controlled facility.

The FOB and frontline were weakened, the CLF was able to orchestrate the assassination of almost every single squad engineer in the field almost as soon as the USCM touched down, however this lead to the CLF taking massive casualties due to the battle that would ensue. The U.S.S Almayer only had two MTs on board, however they were both needed to be called down to work with the marines, if not, the colony would be lost. This was an acceptable sacrifice of the shipside crews top efficiency, as Weyland-Yutani had just shipped in a new model of Synthetic, “Tommy.”

In engineering, a man named Argun Hammer walked up to a small charging station, inside was this new Morale Support focused model, he had to be quick about it, the CLF were making moves against the FOB. Opening up the station, the synth turned on, a large smile coming across his clearly happy, bowl cut head. “Hello! I am Tommy!” Argun nodded, pointing to the reactors, “Handle engineering.” Tommy nodded, “You got it! Engineering will be handled!” With that, Argun left the room.

The battle was going well, Tommy kept engineering up and running, even helping working with crates for the cargo crew, however the USCM neglected one fatal flaw, a possible spy. Two delta marines walked up the CIC doors, both in heavy armor and with smartguns. One placed C4 on the door, and the true threat showed itself. The battle for the CIC was quick, the Military police was not. Half of the bridge crew was quickly shot dead, though The remaining staff officers, The Executive officer and Commanding officer were able to dispatch the two, leaving the Commanding Officer, Bill Carson, heavily wounded.

However medical was unable to get to the bridge, a lone suicide bomber running into medical, another into engineering. Two holes were opened up in space in less than a minute. The Medbay Lobby and Reactors were gone. One of the maintenance technicians were killed planetside, the other was unable to come up due to heavy barricade damage on the front. It was up to Tommy, and Tommy would not disappoint.

Tommy knew almost instantly that something was wrong as he heard the engineering explosion from requisitions. However, command had to make a choice, save power or save the medbay. They chose power of course. Tommy took a while to fix up engineering, barely able to keep the few remaining reactors stable, however the medbay was almost completely dried up, those in the lobby now in space, too far out to be recovered. The repairing of medbay was much more solemn, but he did it.

The marine vigor was doubled due to these bombings, many civillian doctors were killed in the explosion. The battle was tough, but the USCM achieved a minor victory, securing the colony from the CLF’s grasp.

(Hopefully I did this right?)

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Tommy was modeled to be a morale support focused synth, above of course his usual programming to follow all commands and be really good at fixing things and patching people up. He can sometimes be seen talking with some mentally damaged marines in medbay or the lounge.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can handle shipside engineering on my own, however I am a bit slow but decently competent at cading alone.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I can handle the basics pretty well I'd say, but you won't see me risking everything to pull some very risky maneuver that has a chance of going very well.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Slow with chemistry, somewhat mastered everything else.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Slow with the console, mastered everything else.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Well, I'm not the most robust guy and it's not a big reason as to why I play SS13 and CM, synth seems like both a good roleplay role, something I love and a support role, again, something I love.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I haven't taken any bans that I can remember this month, back when I was new to the game I did have a case of EORG self defense, but still, it was EORG.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Nope.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    By slow I mean I can do it, but it'll take me a minute to search through things on the computer or wiki. I did have an incident around 20 days ago that left me leaving a prisoner in handcuffs in a cell. This was an honest mistake and a lot of stuff was happening, it was the first time I did anything like this too. Hasn't happened since.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hes really slippery +1

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey. Short story, but well written. Unfortunately, it lacks to show your synths quirk and the quirk itself is pretty weak. You basically just said he follows commands, which yeah, every synth does. Other part, him being a morale support, but I don't see that in the story. I recommend including your quirk in the story as well as having your synth say more than one line.

Your answer to the combat question is straight up not what we are looking for. Synths are expected to never perform combat except in few instances, and that is the answer we want - what are those instances. Other synth applicant answered this question, which leads me to believe you didn't look at other applications at all. I recommend you look at accepted apps to see what we are looking for.

Finally, you admit to be slow with roles. Thank you for the honesty. Synths are supposed to be masters at their roles, so we expect you to not be slow at anything. You should play some more until you're confident enough in your abilities to describe them as not slow. It's okay to look up recipes on the wiki, I do that as well, but you should not sacrifice speed for it.

Overall, this is a -1. If you take the advice I am sure your next application will be great.

Also, just off note, Bill Carson would run and try to evac, instead of warding off the intruders
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if you give me a SG or other guns, preferably with AP rounds I can hold position against a few xenomorphs, maybe even a couple tier threes depending on the positioning. I'm really slippery, I can make it decently far out of a hive depending on if they have a lot of doors, walls etc.

+1

now just to clarify this is a terrible answer to a question but I'll keep it up and see what the others say about it
    Last edited by Bancrose; 12-05-2019 at 04:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get this man his AP rounds

+1
    Man'sur, Cetanu's Al'nagara| Pedro 'Nescau' Heering

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can hold position against a few xenomorphs, maybe even a couple tier threes depending on the positioning.

+2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i love the SG part +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give this man an incendiary mags and APs to hold off the Xenomorphs.

+1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to see the app is in your favor so far

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cons:
    -Synth quirk not included in the story.
    -Didn't look at any other apps, by his combat scenario answer.
    -Is slow at the roles (Not necessarily that bad if you get faster at it before applying).
    -Quirk is not very new or interesting, I'd say it needs more spice
    -Needs AP ammo

Pros:
    -Is slippery
    -Can hold off a couple tier 3s

absolute +1
    Renault the tin can
    Bruno 'Nines' Rodriguez, local Unga
    Lithos S'eer the Vietnamese tree

The medals

Spoiler Spoiler: