User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novacti - Yautja Application

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Bluefor, apologies for the late post, but here's my review since I've also assist you for this app,

From what I've seen of this, you've pretty much done exactly what's asked of you. If I'd be honest you seem to have downplayed your position in the community, as you are (imo) a common person to find on both the server and on discord. You're a pleasure to play with and an excellent roleplayer (when you choose to be) that's why I strongly disagree with Cheng as well.

As for the story you posted, you've done one thing which I want all future predator applications to be:

S H O R T.

I feel a large reason many predator players don't actually comment/review some of these applications is because the stories are too fucking long. But I'm glad yours is not.

You aren't meant to be writing a novel, or anything of the sort, just trying to show that you are competent with the medium, understand most of the lore, and are capable of making something that sounds like it could translate to roleplay well. I'm pretty fond of your story, actually, though it lacks any real 'information' other than your predator's theme, it does not explore their personality, fighting style, etc. But those can be discovered during play/adjusted based on what you feel like doing for that particular round.

Probably the largest gripe I have with this app is just the name of your pred. It's not even that it isn't 'predatory' or whatnot (just my own opinion) , it's just that it's so edgy. It's not a complaint, but something that kinda reminds me of the Le'Pro default predator name.

Overall, I'd love to have you join the hunt, and I look forward to you being disappointed by the lack of craftable shit preds have.

+1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @superjo98

E[B]ic

@Enyonggg

I thank you for initially taking the time to give feedback on my app and help me tweak it.

Yeah, the name's kinda wack, but it was the best I could think of.

I will not disappoint.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story feels really short and rather rushed. and while not terribly written it just dosent sit evenly with me. i dont know you well myself but i barely play these days. your answers were good enough and it maybe a language barrier thing or something about the story but even if i personally dont like it i can see that its ok and descriptive and imaginative at least. ill Slide you a +1 but thats only coz im not allowed to remain neutral and leave it to the rest of the council
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @420M.Y.K

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my application.

I'm not sure what you mean by it being "maybe a language barrier thing"

The story is written the way it is for the reader to denote what my pred acts and thinks like while also displaying my understanding of predator culture and rules without explicitly stating it. Rather; relying on exposition and esoteric displays.

But nevertheless, I thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Novacti; 12-20-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, Novacti

We've had a chance to go over your application, unfortunately we've found your story and character to be of insufficient quality to move your application on to the next step.

Your story is a generic Yautja hunt story. Nothing in your story, or your characters back story (to which barely exists), tells me anything about who your Yautja is outside of him wanting to collect spines. We don't want to encourage applicants to not have the hunt in their stories, but we do want them to think outside of the box. Very few ideas are new, but that doesn't mean you can't take an existing template or idea and make it your own.

This is a unique fictional world to which we RP in. And in this world there exists countless paths for creators to take.

I have a saying I like to use. "Use your brain juices."