Jaketeaking + the rest of the Discord Staff
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12-03-2019 2:17 PM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Staff CoC: do not abuse your power.
    Enforcement of the rules
    Broke Protocal 2/3/5
    Description of the incident
    Hello CM staff, I am Challade, also known as one of your former moderators. Regardless of how you feel towards me, I harbor no ill interest to anyone of the staff, I have my criticisms, but everyone carries their cross.

I wanted to create this staff report because I, along with a handful of former CM members, have had our appeal unfairly denied. But mine in particular was done dirty. I opened it while another appeal was open, for 3 days it was ignored. I say ignored because the other appeal got handled and the other 6ish appeals that cropped up also got handled. Mine though, was left unassigned and I didn't even see it get assigned before it got denied without chance for response, I know this because I got the email and I opened the link within seconds to find it closed. Which is worse when you consider I step backed and didn't appeal for 2 months because it was a reasonable amount of time.

This is important because I didn't even get a response from anyone whatsoever, which would be fine if not for the fact Jaketeaking didn't even let me respond to HIS reply.

It was just a quick end to discussion, no chance for me to argue my appeal, he put a blanket statement and immediately closed my appeal. After quoting me he responded to me with:

Your appeal is pretty much, "I did nothing wrong, as a staff member", "ive done nothing wrong", etc.

Denied.

Firstly, I don't know what rule I broke. No one told me what rule I broke. Even Soldier who demoted me off the team didn't tell me, he said it was Jake's department and decision, which from that I can extract that Soldier didn't seek to demote me and ban me, rather I can assume it was a staff decision spearheaded by the discord heads. Jake Broke the enforcement of the rules protocol by not telling me what rule I broke, but also denying my appeal without telling me what rule I specifically broke. Furthermore, he didn't properly investigate. Or rather, I don't know if he investigated, as I didn't get any information whatsoever from his response. I was reasonable, I sent him a Private message politely asking he answer a few questions so I could open a staff report, it was ignored and that should be punished as I made an attempt to inquire information about my ban and he's withholding it from me. I'd like to further emphasise it was ignored because I sent it while he was online and I waited 3 days to make this staff report while I occasionally see him online(it shows in his profile).

As for the reason why I also denounce the rest of the discord staff is because they enable it, if not support this behavior. Firstly, I'll mention the important things, they've been banning members who are memorable and/or form their own cliques. Is it because of some Cain born jealousy, or because they notice "problems" from names they recognize often, I don't know, what I do know is that despite all this they've had some "unspoken rule" for a while that if anyone speaks about [you know who] they can and will ban you, no one would know as there is no rule that specifically states that you cannot mention said person because it would be "advertisement" despite said person having the name and profile picture linked to their "other sources" for long after many people got banned.

And now because I "imply" it, I get crucified, banned permanently, and denied my appeal 2 months after the fact, which was funny since everyone who was present KNEW about it anyways, in fact most of the discord community knew, and anyone who peeped a word was banned. Despite the fact that I got provoked into a heated argument with said person and that wasn't acknowledged, just that "Challade pointed out the king is naked when everyone was willfully ignorant(Silent in this case)".

That's just the first report reason, here's my next report reason.

The Discord staff has decided to be lenient on racism while denouncing anything NOT racist.

This has been a hot topic since I even joined the discord community, Mikotoba got banned because she posted a picture of some resident evil girl being picked up with ever so slightly the hint of a buttocks and then had her appeal denied, them leaving the community and the discord staff essentially removing someone from the community.

MEANWHILE, Bancrose had a picture of a black man that's been used jokingly for the "blacked history" memes with a KFC bucket on his head FOR MONTHS. Maybe he doesn't have it now, but it was allowed and unquestioned for MONTHS, as well as him telling me that he's typed ||nigger|| in the discord constantly when I got my first warning.

Now, this isn't me denouncing Bancrose, I'm not against humor, this is against the discord staff who banned Miko for an image because it had "sexual humor" and counted as ERP +18.

THEN there's lumdor who had an emote of an eggplant being rubbed emoji and posted it occasionally on Shitposting. Guess what? Banned. Denied appeal 2 times, not only that, his third appeal had discussion on it despite being lower effort than mine.

Also, my first warning as mod was because I posted a meme of a dinosaur called Nigersaurus eating a slice of watermelon. is the Whitelist manager allowed to have an icon of a black man with a KFC bucket on his head.

Guys, come on, what's the point of shitposting if you won't let people shitpost and then ban them if they do. And worse, allow racism freely "If I(discord staff) like it".

I hope my report gets taken seriously, moreso than my appeal. I also hope you give me some time(days) to respond to any responses since I'm working full time and also have finals.
    Evidence
    Questions about my ban: https://i.imgur.com/01ZcC0V.png

Bancrose's profile picture when I got banned and long before I even became staff: https://i.imgur.com/mWxbSWB.jpg

Lumdor's appeals:

//showthrea...-(Discord-Ban)

Lumdors staff report for an event similar to mine where I got pinged consistently and I responded leading to my(his in this case) ban

//showthrea...ghlight=lumdor

Soldier telling me it was Jamie's decision to ban me without an utterance of what rule I broke( I have more logs where he didn't say what rule I broke, rather, I have all my convo with him and none of it has the utterance of what rule I broke to get banned).
    I'd also like to point out I don't blame Soldier, I stated before that this wasn't his decision.

https://i.imgur.com/Fbx2Kep.jpg

Mikotoba's Image that got her banned:

https://i.imgur.com/iZ0Iwco.jpg

Her appeal:

//showthrea...light=mikotoba
    How you would punish the accused
    First of all I'd like my discord ban lifted since I didnt break a rule that's been explicitly pointed out BEFORE I got banned for it.

if not, have appeal reopened or allow me to make a new appeal sooner with a fair chance to have more people respond, and have the rules enforced on me updated so that we know what rule I broke at the time, and if the rule has dated or is no longer valid now.

I would have Jaketeaking investigated or possibly demoted since is is an ongoing issue.

I would have the entire Discord staff merged with moderators and have moderators take care of anything discord related.

I think just deleting the public discord might even be better idea no? Have players use the main chat here in the forums, Staff have their discords. Players have their own private discords they talk on, sometimes metacomm on themselves despite the rule being there they aren't allowed to. That rule hasn't stopped them before.

That way no one posts images that are unsavory, or have any personalized possibly offensive icons or emojis, since that's been the intentions of the Discord staff. Hell, this might even get the forums more popular and topics focused on the gameplay.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always love reports like this. So your reasoning for being unbanned is that because your appeal was denied, Lumdor got banned, and Bancrose has a black guy in his PFP, you should be unbanned and we should just delete the public discord. I don't know what time machine you stepped out of but I hate to break the news to ya, being black ain't a crime anymore. We ain't banning that man for being black. While banning Bancrose for being black is a tempting proposition, as is deleting the CM Discord, it's not happening today, maybe tomorrow though.

So you requested a serious answer so I will give you one. I will say, I have literally no clue what like half of this is trying to say but here's what I have to say about what I can take away from it.
    • You were removed from staff for that discord post if I recall correctly. I could be wrong. Jamie probably had very little to do with that, dude hardly gets involved in much. On top of that I can promise you Jamie would be the last person to just wordlessly fire you. Soldier talked to me and a few others and we came to the conclusion that it's not acceptable for an active staff member to be posting. Soldier didn't ban you from the discord, if you were that was Jake taking action when needed.
    • Bancrose's PFP is hardly racist. Like what you posted and his PFP are nowhere near the same ends of the spectrum.
    • I don't know what Lumdor has to do with literally any of this but he was banned for a multitude of reasons and if you want to relate your case to that of his, you're only dragging yourself down a lot.
    • That image Meko or whoever posted is weird as fuck and I don't want that weird sexual fetish shit on the discord, so I see no reason you're tieing yourself in with that stuff.

And for the final thing, it's Jake's call in the end regardless. Outside of Head Staff overruling him, Jake is in charge of running the Discord and if he believes you're causing an issue, then that's pretty much the end of it. If he isn't gonna lift it, then there doesn't need to be a discussion, he can just deny it then-and-there. While Jake and discord staff have their own way to talk and resolve these appeals together, there is no requirement that there is a discussion on the app itself and you're not entitled to rejoining the CM Discord.

As such, here is what you should do if you want possibly anything to come out of this outside it just being closed: You need to say exactly who is causing an issue ("all the discord staff" is meaningless) and exactly what the issue is. We do not need to see other random cases and if you're trying to appeal for them, you can not, that simple. I also don't want to hear, "Well this person did this..." because this is also worthless. We have thousands of people on the CM Discord and hundreds active each day, we can not see every little thing that happens and just you getting in trouble is on you, not anyone else.

I'll take it as seriously as any other report but currently nothing about this seems reasonable or persuasive.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll review this over the weekend and have a response Monday.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emerald basically said it best, but Jaketeaking is under me.

Here's the brass tacks.

I will never overturn a Jaketeaking decision unless what he does is malicious or violates staff policy. He is the discord cobra commander, and I am not a micromanager on top of him. His authority is the will of management, what he says goes.
    The process was very simple.

Instead of the old method of a bunch of discord staff posting on appeals with votes, we converted discord appeals into the system we use for permanent bans. Discord staff + admins discuss your appeal on discord. Jake makes a final decision based on the discussion. This is to make appeals go much smoother, and much quicker.

I can tell you right now, the whole being a tattle tale with "Well I got banned for X, but Y and Z do it as well" WILL NOT FLY WITH ME. EVER!! I will not tolerate it one bit, it's childish, and stupid. If you got banned, it's very simple: you man up, accept responsibility, apologize, and if you have a good track record. You get should be unbanned (This goes for permanent game bans and jbans as well.)

Admins/Discord staff came to a decision with jake and the decision was a denial. There is no appealing the denial, you don't staff report because you don't like the outcome, or you try to call foul for everyone doing their jobs.

Playing on this server and our discord is a PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT.

You try again when you can.

I don't see any wrong doing or misconduct here.