User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psa: Cpr and you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psa: Cpr and you

If you see a medic working on multiple bodies, and you have nothing critical to do, fucking help that medic CPR the bodies. It resets the death timer. We lost 5 good marines today due to entire platoons of marines ignoring a major medical situation in a non sieged FOB and only one medic . You can do more than fire a weapon as a PFC

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but it's not fun to do reeeeeeeeeeee

it lowers the death timer, not reset it, and you gotta do it every 7 seconds instead of spamming it
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a miracle if a marine even bothers helping a squad medic take armor off the dead guy they're working on let alone knowing how cpr works.

But a good psa nonetheless, marines biggest advantage is being able to revive one another and come back from the dead like 5 times in one round so the more marines with medical knowledge the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the mechanic? How much does it lower the timer for each successful CPR action?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpkeaton View Post
    What is the mechanic? How much does it lower the timer for each successful CPR action?
    Only devmemes know the exact number, but I will go out with my knowledge of the ways devmemes think so I guess that it only freezes death time for those 7 seconds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK CPR will double the brain-death timer if done on a marine from the second they die
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I SWEAR (and you can probably call bullshit on this) that it adds seconds to the timer. As I swear I have seen an orange symbol marine go back green for a SECOND after cpr. I think it must have been right on the verge.

Also psa, if you see a synth doing emergency heart surgey, stand by to defib/patch wounds. So many orange heart patients die as their chest is being closed/patched/armor taking off at the same time

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tell your SL to assign a guy to watch your back, take off armor, cpr, etc, tell them everything they need to know, then tattle on them if they leave without permission

boom easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I SWEAR (and you can probably call bullshit on this) that it adds seconds to the timer. As I swear I have seen an orange symbol marine go back green for a SECOND after cpr. I think it must have been right on the verge.
    I have seen the same thing on a couple of occasions.

Yet another PSA - CPR requires a 7 second gap between each CPR action or it fails. This means you should not spam click on the dead marine, but rather click on them once, wait for the CPR to complete, count 2-3 seconds and only then begin to perform CPR again. For this same reason, do not perform CPR on a marine if another person is already doing so - all you will do is make both of you fail your CPR actions.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

>Getting revived

Just DNR and give more space & FPS to people that actually matter in the round
    Last edited by Avalanchee; 12-15-2019 at 09:22 PM.