Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your favourite events?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your favourite events?

In general, as Marines, what are your favourite events and why? What sort of events would you like to see more of?
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Event is fun when many (basically everyone's) flow of the round is changed and they can experience this hot new thing. What is the point of an Event when half of the server only hears about in DChat, or on comms?
    Event is fun when both sides get VERY adequate benefits. No, giving marines some "powerfull" OB's and benos some super powers isn't simillar.
    Event is fun when it simply removes benos. HvH, Zombies, Wendigos, RP colony etc.
    Event is fun when admeme running it watched/runned previously simillar event which translates to knowing how to improve it. Years of HvH never teached admemes that Darkness is broken in HvH so it should be always day etc.
    Event is fun when admeme let people RP it and forgive that they sometimes do something unforseen. Marines didn't act dumb by immediately accepting "corrupted" hive onto their ship? Don't flip your shit and change the plan.

Event is NOT fun when it only affects CIC. It only takes CIC attention from commanding and average PFC at best can only hear about Admiral comming, or some shit like that, but never see anything changed.
    Event IS NOT FUCKING FUN WHEN YOU CHANGE MARINES INTO MONKEYS WHILE LEAVING XENOS ALONE! ANYONE WHO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA AND PUT IT ON SERVER IS JUST THE WORST BENOMAIN THERE WAS AND SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM ANY POSITION OF POWER.

More suggestions comming up in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda like the events where marines get access to little-used items, like chitin armor addons, or the plasma HPRs (can't reload those after usage, so heh)
    Personally, I kinda like the discount Whiskey Outpost events, but my only experience so far was on LV, and that was abbysmal due to such cramped spaces the whole marine force was put in (nexus). If I can put a shameless plug here for a gitlab on that idea: https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/8342 .
    Anyhoo, as a marine main, I definitely appreciate events that spice up the poor ol' dirtside marine's life. Like the CLF tank convoy we had a week or two ago that was friendly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this because you did an event today were you spawned like 20-ish aboms to start with another 30 basically as the round went on, and only gave marines a single pred who had a tac shotty + some 200 or so traps to handle the xeno hive? Cause that was not fun for anyone aside from the Aboms and Tank Crew essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Event is fun when many (basically everyone's) flow of the round is changed and they can experience this hot new thing. What is the point of an Event when half of the server only hears about in DChat, or on comms?
    Event is fun when both sides get VERY adequate benefits. No, giving marines some "powerfull" OB's and benos some super powers isn't simillar.
    Event is fun when it simply removes benos. HvH, Zombies, Wendigos, RP colony etc.
    Event is fun when admeme running it watched/runned previously simillar event which translates to knowing how to improve it. Years of HvH never teached admemes that Darkness is broken in HvH so it should be always day etc.
    Event is fun when admeme let people RP it and forgive that they sometimes do something unforseen. Marines didn't act dumb by immediately accepting "corrupted" hive onto their ship? Don't flip your shit and change the plan.

Event is NOT fun when it only affects CIC. It only takes CIC attention from commanding and average PFC at best can only hear about Admiral comming, or some shit like that, but never see anything changed.
    Event IS NOT FUCKING FUN WHEN YOU CHANGE MARINES INTO MONKEYS WHILE LEAVING XENOS ALONE! ANYONE WHO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA AND PUT IT ON SERVER IS JUST THE WORST BENOMAIN THERE WAS AND SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM ANY POSITION OF POWER.

More suggestions comming up in the future.
    Agree with most of this aside from remove beno. It can be done well with beno. Just don't do what happened above.
    Last edited by Grentex; 12-09-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The damn greaves were a lie too! I stepped on a damn Pred-Trap and it activated.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grentex View Post
    Is this because you did an event today were you spawned like 20-ish aboms to start with another 30 basically as the round went on, and only gave marines a single pred who had a tac shotty + some 200 or so traps to handle the xeno hive? Cause that was not fun for anyone aside from the Aboms and Tank Crew essentially.
    No, that was nothing to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
    The damn greaves were a lie too! I stepped on a damn Pred-Trap and it activated.
    Their activation protection is from the species not the greaves.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Their activation protection is from the species not the greaves.
    Thank Kane for that. Now atleast I don't have to force myself to LRP of walking barefoot as sprite suggests.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see events that change up skill levels, class distribution, and weapon availability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only event I ever really enjoyed was where it was a melee only HVH round with predators in it and everyone could deploy. Super fun and chaotic with enough respawns to make it fun for everyone, predators could provide a high risk and high reward if you managed to kill them and I saw shield walls being formed out of riot shields. Hammers, axes, swords, scythes, all sorts of weapons were spawned to spice it up.
    beast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Argun1 View Post
    Anyhoo, as a marine main, I definitely appreciate events that spice up the poor ol' dirtside marine's life. Like the CLF tank convoy we had a week or two ago that was friendly.
    Except for the poor TCs when we stole their LTB
    Last edited by Benbot16; 12-09-2019 at 09:50 PM.