User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are your favourite events?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the smaller events that get found kind of on their own and both sides can participate in, like that one we had a while ago with a fortune teller on LV.
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colony RP events.

It has been suggested multiple times in the past.

It should even be its own separate game mode IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really wish there were more heroes who would briefing sd events tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite rounds have been HvH rounds because I feel in general there's more room to RP with human opponents. You can talk with them on radio, you can take them prisoner or be taken prisoner by them, etc. Alternatively, the recent round where we did a joint op with UPP was fun, because we got some neat toys, there was room for playing out the tension between the two militaries, etc.

However, I will say that HvH rounds are very dependent on the players for how they turn out. I've had rounds where I've surrendered to the enemy, RP'd with them, and been rescued, I've had rounds where I've been put up against a wall and shot or just murdered from the darkness and then had my body hidden until I timed out. Kinda hit and miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember an event where the entire almayer ship was broken down and that everything was on lockdown. Sort of like an Isolation thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really any event with human vs human PVP is my favorite. I'm bad at fighting xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, my favorite would be the one time when it was PvE on Prison Station, for the most part.
    Marines were packed into the Normandy, including CiC, Req, MPs, etc. All the stuff we brought to the station was what we had, as in what we could bring before the ship detonated, and we had to set up in research. Afterwards, squads spread out, SOs got overwatch consoles, and so on and so forth (but req and the POs don't get anything). Eventually we found the AI Aliens, player xenos started spawning in and afterwards, got into a last stand at research. We lost before the admins could send marine ERT in.
    It was still a tough fight. It didn't matter how trash the AI was, because admins spawned them in bulk - if one didn't get you, the rest of them would. Essentially you'd get hit this amount, then go down, because they did a set amount of brute damage, which is fine with me. In addition, you could outrun them, but they'd follow you still, and you had no chance of escaping if you were wounded.
    The sad parts was because the entire non-combat people on the almayer was packed into one corner of the map, the AI was absolutely horrid at times, marines went down too quickly and got overrun when there weren't enough guns firing (and usually they did since they weren't prepared and ran out of ammo too quickly), and the fact that they mixed players in, but only lurkers - which, from the dchat, made almost every single marine salty. Also, because they spawned those AI ayys in bulk, the lag was unbearable for some people.
    Overall though, I like how they went with the original theme of the original Aliens movie with the marines; where the ayys outnumber the marines, and ammo/killing rate was the problem, not the current "every alien is a special snowflake that does something" and "marines are literally disposable meatbags"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by messagecypher View Post
    snip
    That sounds like a really fun event, like a makeshift Whiskey Outpost.