Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your favourite events?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your favourite events?

In general, as Xenos, what are your favourite events and why? What sort of events would you like to see more of?
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anything that alters the map is cool, like caveins or excavations

giving either side extra weapon/castes or limiting certain weapon/castes

double queens/ravengers

would be cool to have a round where xenos spawn on almayer instead of planet, I remember that happened once

the only event I don't like is anything with XvX, runners just destroy other xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The occasional mini-events where xenos and marines aren't fighting each other are fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side events good, event rounds not so good

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never played an event I liked as xeno. Most events are just a mod/admin gets a special xeno or abomination which is lame as fuck and feels like favoritism or marines get some retard weapons like shredders and just anhillate xenos and its no fun. I honestly don't like events involving xenos.

also xvx is pure cancer. please never do this. (same reason why they should never add a way to get corrupted xenos in research)
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 12-10-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debating doing a event where the marines who will have extra resources attack a planet with a super queen who has a group of unique named praetorian's of various strains and each section of the map the marines will need to kill each mini boss to progress to the next one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Debating doing a event where the marines who will have extra resources attack a planet with a super queen who has a group of unique named praetorian's of various strains and each section of the map the marines will need to kill each mini boss to progress to the next one.
    the amount of coordination, improvization, and the knowledge that one person will fuck this up for the rest and having to figure out how to quickly salvage it is just not worth it

i remember watching complicated events that Feweh ran and i think if i was in his position id have a brain clot from the frusteration of having to herd the playerbase of CM enough so that they'd actually do the event properly.

this is when mentors could aghost, and i didn't even see all the actual admin stuff he had to do. id assume, with the ancient as fuck and terrible code that is behind the admin panel, that Feweh had to know several shortcuts and hacks to the admin panel to pull off half the shit he did

trust me when i say you probably can't run the event your thinking of in the way your thinking of with the playerbase of CM and the limitations of the admin panel.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    trust me when i say you probably can't run the event your thinking of in the way your thinking of with the playerbase of CM and the limitations of the admin panel.
    It would be stupidly easy to staffmemes if only ebent would be bland and boring in core. The description boils down to giving marines some shitty, untested weapons and giving benos stat boosts with additional OOC warning that those particular praetorians can't leave their spot.

The perfect combination of everything against what I posted in USCM ebent thread.

Lame and boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting a few (1-3) powerful ancient xenos (modified xenos like a fire rav) in a location with an objective of some kind. Examples include guarding an egg/nest, hunting someone/something, etc. They are to take a neutral stance to the main “young” hive. Any xeno that attacks or interferes with the ancient’s goal may be attacked and even killed (within reason). The main hive then has the choice to work around the ancient(s) or sway the ancients to join the main hive by aiding them (or good RP from the hive that convinces the ancients to assimilate).

Benefits:
    1. Only need a few players to do the event, so it’s less likely shenanigans happen.
    2. Gives actual RP opportunities for xeno players.
    3. In current game state, could be used to counter-balance a meta-rush if needed.
    4. Easily incorporated into other events involving preds, PMCs, Synths, etc.
    5. Does not overtly impact or disrupt a round (no more abom horde pls)
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 12-10-2019 at 08:37 PM.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    I'm waiting for some...changes...
    hehehehehe