User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burrower suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burrower suggestions

The T2 caste Burrower don't feel used much and playing as the caste feels obvious why the abilites it got is weaksauce completely.

There needs to be a overhaul on how this caste works.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing noteworthy about the Burrower (besides the fact it stole abilities from the Carrier and Hivelord) is that if you use burrow and tunnel under a tile a human is standing on, it instantly knocks them over. It's not useful against mobile opponents or groups of enemies (ie, MARINES) but it's great at grabbing single survivors sitting in hard-to-breach areas without much difficulty if the Burrower has a decent tackle stat.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Burrower sounded like a cool xenomorph with it's name sake ability. But the fact that it took some abilities from the other support and didn't add anything else, made it more of a crippling gimmick than a real game changer.

And playing as one fully leveled, you truly realize just how bad they are. You're only purpose in the hive is to make tunnels until the queen decides that is enough and de-evolves you so you are actually useful.

It's a damn shame, but one that is being addressed by the dev team. I trust that they are going to make it something that you play because you want to and not out of necessity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want it removed from the game and let Drone evolve to Carrier like before. That's my suggestion on it. I miss my Carrier dude.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they should balance it by removing pounce from lurker and giving it to burrower so it has more combat ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burrower is a support class without proper support abilities. To be anything useful, he should have a bigger plasmapool/faster regen, ability to grab eggs and huggers, so he can both combat hug and create hugger-holes.
    Or a complete overhaul...

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the way to fix burrower is what many have suggested, to let it fill its own traps with acid or gas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just make the holes trip marines as it's basic effect.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make burrower automatically hit anything that walks over it while its burrowed like its one of those spiders in the hole that jumps out to grab shit. Then it is revealed so marines can shoot at it, but it still has its teleport to unburrow somewhere else. this way it can actually ambush people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Make burrower automatically hit anything that walks over it while its burrowed like its one of those spiders in the hole that jumps out to grab shit. Then it is revealed so marines can shoot at it, but it still has its teleport to unburrow somewhere else. this way it can actually ambush people.
    Yeah that would be pretty cool