User Tag List

View Poll Results: Like this crusher strain?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

3 21.43%
  • Nay

3 21.43%
  • Gay (Could use improvement)

8 57.14%

Thread: Crusher Strain Suggestion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crusher Strain Suggestion

YES, I KNOW THERE IS A GITLAB, I JUST WANTED THE COMMUNITY'S OPINION BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE GOES TO GITLAB!!!

#### Summary
    A new Crusher strain

#### Details
    Crusher fore-goes the ability to charge, but retains stomp and is faster.

The Crusher gains a new ability called Gridlock-Spikes/(Or a Developer discretioned name). This ability is similar to the Ravager strain 'Hedgehog' with a couple of key differences.

The Crusher in a sense 'sheds' out a bunch of spikes toward an area on the ground, like a spit. Upon contact with an object, human, or destination target, a 3x3 area of 'spikes' spawn. These spikes work in a similar fashion to hugger traps, except that each one acts individually rather than like a typical acid-trap

#### Benefits
    This would be INCREDIBLY useful to the xenos not only in defense and countering unga-rushes, but also on offense to pen in or pin down a specific target.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the point of giving offensive caste a defensive strain. Crusher without charge is useless. It is way better to hug a marine that is already stunned, than to stomp him, so Carrier does better job at this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I don't see the point of giving offensive caste a defensive strain. Crusher without charge is useless. It is way better to hug a marine that is already stunned, than to stomp him, so Carrier does better job at this.
    Precisely the point my friend. It would encourage more team-work with the xenos. If there's not a carrier around to hug after they step on the spikes/caltrops, that's what the stomp is for.

Also, it's not ENTIRELY defensive, you could probably spit this at some 'cades and it would spike up the 'cades, making it easier to assault the 'cades, or perhaps pin someone in, or spit directly on a marine and have them trapped for quite some time.

Agent X41833N

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue I see with this is speed. Without charge crushers are extremely slow. There is only so much natural speed you can give it also without the health and armour pool needing a balancing nerf.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the real issue is that none of yall realize stomp doesn't work anymore. It barely does anything after armor rework. It used to decap people and rip off limbs, now it does hardly any damage at all. Imagine building an entire strain around a useless ability.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    the real issue is that none of yall realize stomp doesn't work anymore. It barely does anything after armor rework. It used to decap people and rip off limbs, now it does hardly any damage at all. Imagine building an entire strain around a useless ability.
    Full health Heavy Armor marine won't even get a broken bone from stomp. Hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Ok then, I have a simple solution:
    Get rid of stomp.

This strain is meant to be in co-operation with OTHER xenos, not so that YOU can simply solo 2-3 marines. Which leads to my next point:

No offense, but your argument of building an "entire strain around a useless ability" is completely in-accurate. Give me 2 examples, just TWO, of a marine solo rambo charging at the front-line without at least 1 other person as back-up during ANY round.

I will legit give you a 'fucks-given' buck if you capture or screenshot it.

Agent X41833N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesn't stomp bypass armor, like other xeno abilities?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THERE'S A GITLAB FOR THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Inside Me View Post
    doesn't stomp bypass armor, like other xeno abilities?
    Nah. Due to spaghetti code, stomp can get RNG armor blocked