User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MrDoge - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    If you're a synth, marines won't trust your skills especially in command. Keep learning, bud. -1
    By chance could you explain your answer in a better depth of understanding so that way it makes more sense please?
    I don't mean to be rude by your reply doesn't make much sense as I have read it at least 30+ times.

Do you mean that since I'm a Synthetic Marines won't trust me being commanding or something?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDoge View Post
    By chance could you explain your answer in a better depth of understanding so that way it makes more sense please?
    I don't mean to be rude by your reply doesn't make much sense as I have read it at least 30+ times.

Do you mean that since I'm a Synthetic Marines won't trust me being commanding or something?
    You can't even load an OB or you don't know to use the console to fire it. I suggest you better practice the roles!

No MTs and CE and Command officers, you're required to put the OB, how would you do that? And you have just joined in the forum (Join Date: December 2019), you're pretty new. I don't see you ingame at all.

No hard feelings, man,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overwatch Console is the most basic part of the game, if you are applying for a synth be sure you know all the roles.

Synths are literally masters of all support roles, from medic to doctor to req to overwatch to policing to engineering. Inability to preform these tasks will get you delisted if you were listed so to prevent that -Pigeon
    Last edited by ChengChan; 12-16-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello this application lacks two things:
    - a good quirk
    - a story that shows the quirk and how your synth talks.

Like Minimike said, this quirk is not really a quirk. Speaking Russian is something every synth can do. Doing their job is what every synth does. Being nice? That's way too broad to be a quirk. Every synth can speak Russian. I like the "former UPP" synth idea, but your story doesn't utilize it's potential.

The story is too short for my liking and doesn't show how your synth talks or their quirk at all, but then again, you didn't really choose any quirk to begin with. Work on these things on your next app and be free to show me your story before you submit it next time.

Last edited by AcuteCircle; 12-16-2019 at 05:30 AM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story was extremely short, didn't show us your quirk at all. In regards to your quirk, it's just bad, speaking Russian isn't a quirk. Your answers are lackluster, and you state yourself that you don't know how to set up the engine which is one of the easiest things to do in the game.

Overall a -1. Read the accepted apps and apply again in the future
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand apparently no one reads anything on the thread, at all and only take the application portion into mind instead of everything along with it, I have stated that when I first made this application I didn't know anything, now I know how to set up the simple engine and maintain it, I know how to use practically everything on the server, at this point in time I'm unsure of what to even say seeing the amount of -1's on this application and not a single positive review of it. I currently possess the full knowledge of everything on the server including the simple nature of the engine.
    Last edited by MrDoge; 12-16-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDoge View Post
    From what I understand apparently no one reads anything on the thread, at all and only take the application portion into mind instead of everything along with it, I have stated that when I first made this application I didn't know anything, now I know how to set up the simple engine and maintain it, I know how to use practically everything on the server, at this point in time I'm unsure of what to even say seeing the amount of -1's on this application and not a single positive review of it. I currently possess the full knowledge of everything on the server including the simple nature of the engine.
    Incorrect, I have read that you understand the engines and chemisty now; both are positives. However they are also the bare rock bottom minimum of what is expected as a synth player.

A -1 vote should not be interpreted as anything against you despite being frustrating (your fellow synthetics have been there).

Your idea for a quirk is interesting but not there yet. You need to be unique. For example one of the better quirks I have seen lately is a synth who changes his hat and his personality changes. Its not super original but is interesting AND interesting to roleplay against.

Roleplaying against you.. you will speak russian at me occasionally, maybe talk about communism. It is not interesting. Shit you could make it physical. You limp because of a bad battle wound. I batted the idea around of a synth that doesnt understand genders correctly. Probably stupid, but something interesting.

Finally your story. The purpose of the story is supposed to be an example of how you synth would behave and interact. We do not have time to give every applicant an RP trial, so the story is a substitute, showing how you will speak, twitch, and handle yourself. You have the BONES of a decent story. But I have no idea if your synth is stalin or Lenin.

If your application is denied it is not a big deal, just wait a month and re-apply. Your answers are close enough that with some polish and refinement you will get there. It will also get you more opportunity to become more known on the server.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied, reapply in the allotted time, ask for help on the discord or from a council member.