Byond ID?
    Gersolov

Marine Name
    Gersolov Valderosh, alien name GE-##-V5

Other Whitelist Applications
    none

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Geeves

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    protecting myself from an alien attack or protecting a civilian or survivor from an alien attack

Synthetic Character Story
    scavengers found him in an escape pod while going over the remains of a group of pirate ships the uscm had recently destroyed.
    when powered back on he told the crew of his past on a failed colony. the supply ships hadn't been arriving for months and the magic had gone out of the adventure for the colonists, so when a ship showed up they all booked passage back to earth, after all it was their parents money anyway.
    no longer needing him they sold him to the crew of the ship.
    after dropping off the failed colonists the ship headed back out on a delivery job. a few items it was too expensive to produce on colonies, a few delicacies that didn't grow very well for whatever reason.
    the old engineer had decided to retire when they got to earth and they quickly hired a new one.
    the new engineer was a rude man who claimed to find fault with his work in engineering claiming he was too old of a model and should probably just be scrapped.
    the captain disagreed and just ordered him to stay out of engineering for this trip.
    no one much liked the new engineer but he was all they had been able to find on short notice. the captain had posted the job listing again before they even left earth.
    the engineer was thus left to his own devices and tended to spend most of his time by himself in engineering.
    after the first stop the engineer got in an argument with the captain, who finally having had enough of the man told him to stay in engineering and they would call him if they needed him for anything.
    when they arrived at their next stop, they found they weren't where they were supposed to be.
    they also found that they were not alone, there was a small group of armed ships closing on them.
    the captain realized with donning horror that the engineer had to be involved. he must have messed with the navigation system and that's why he had driven everyone away. she tried to increase their speed but nothing happened.
    she stormed to her cabin, striding back a moment later with a small pistol in hand and ordered him to follow after her and try to fix whatever had been done to engineering.
    he followed her as she strode down the hallways toward engineering pistol held in both hands.
    when they got to engineering she stood to one side and ordered him to open the door. he opened the door fast and quickly realized his mistake, the engineer had booby trapped the door and he was blown backwards, his bulk soaking much of the blast. the captain dashed trough the remains of the door to find the room destroyed and the engineer missing. she ran down the hallway a bit to find one of the escape pods missing, he had apparently disabled the alarms that should have gone off when a pod was launched.
    by this time he had gotten up and was looking over the room. I'm sorry mam but this is all wrecked and will take hours to fix, i can get started now if you want. she looked in and said not to bother. start setting up some defenses they were about to be boarded.
    he made some barricades and a few basic weapons with the backup auto-lathe and bunch of scrapped stuff from around the ship.
    i know its not much but it will have to do the captain said, looking over his work. the pirates would only be another minute or two.
    im sorry to do this she said, then ordered him to distract the pirates while she got the rest of the crew into the remaining escape pod. the pod was only meant to hold four but they could stuff five in. there would be no room for him.
    he took up his wrench and crowbar had fashioned and shut off all the lights in the entire ship. the captain activated the single mine he had managed to put together before running for the escape pod. he had a hat stuck on a mop set up behind the barricades hoping it looked enough like a defender in the dark.
    the airlock buzzed and a loud thunk resounded through the ship, hopefully the captain had managed to launch at the same time like she planned.
    the pirates came charging in and seeing the hat covered mop with a pipe set on top of the barricade to look like a gun barrel, opened fire.
    he had all the flammable cleaning chemicals filling the area around the airlock and when the pirates set off the mine the chemicals burst into flames .
    he moved around behind the barricades banging stuff and standing back up the mop placing its pipe back on the barricade.
    after a minute or two of this the pirates realized they weren't actually taking any fire, they began smashing the barricades down. one tried to climb over but he had welded all the knives from the galley onto the top of the wall. the pirates soon cornered him and unable to get close with taking a swing from his crowbar they shot his arms and legs off. the pirates leader was furious, yelling about how much more he would be worth intact and did any of them know how to fix one? he ordered them to gather all the parts and take them along, maybe he could still get something for them. they dragged him to their ship, then tossed all the bits unceremoniously into a broken escape pod in their cargo bay. the last thing he heard before they closed the door was the engineer whining that he'd done his part, the pirate captains gruff bark of laughter and a single gunshot.
    he was sold to his current faction who had him repaired.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    he likes helping new recruits and civilians. if someone gives him an order he doesn't like he will ask someone higher ranked for orders.
    he does not like rude people.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    good at power and fixing things, getting better at building barricades,

How familiar are you with Command?
    the highest rank i have played is Intel officer.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    i have played as doctor many times and if i go marine i usually play a medic or at least take the medic kit, i'm not very good at chemistry yet

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    i have played as ct many times

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    i want to be able to do almost anything, i tend to be good at the non combat roles, i enjoy playing the doctor and combat medic. i'm an ok engineer and i'm getting good with fixing power on stations.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    no

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    no

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    i like the versatility of the role, probably going to only play synth survivor at first

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay to my knowledge synths are model series being sold by WY, your not a unique robot but one of thousands.

Bigger issues though...

Grammar, you never capitalized anything.

What is your quirk? Are you super nice to new people? You also say if you don’t agree with an order you’ll ask thier superior, yea it doesn’t work like that you can ignore illegal orders but you can’t just dismiss a marine.

In the story you say you can use a pistol, synths in the USCM are forbidden from using firearms.

With the highest command question you do know that synths are sometimes pressed to be SOs or MPs? Recommend to do some runs on them and understand how they work, not master just understand.

Too many problems on this app -1

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes this was hard to read through. No proper punctuation, run on sentences and bad formatting. The story itself could be something great but it is rushed and not even formatted. Story itself is -1 but also like Pigeon said, play some MP and other command roles because sometimes you're deputized or put on Overwatch. Neither happens often but they're still support roles.

Quirk is bad as well. Think of something better.
    @Pigeon
    yea it doesn’t work like that you can ignore illegal orders but you can’t just dismiss a marine.
    just to correct that - synths only need to follow orders from commissioned officers. You don't have to listen to marines but should if it's an emergency.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bluntly:

Story is hard to read and badly formatted. If you turned that in as a school project, what do you think the first comments would be? And what grade?

Quirk isn't even a quirk.

You havent done a single command role.

When you say you are not very good at chems yet. What chems do you have memorized?

As you learn engineering how good are you at apc manipulation? Can you fix a broken one? Hack doors? Etc.

I think the story and lack of quirk have sunk your application. But those can be fixed.

Get help on your application from the discord on reapply and play doctor and command, and youll get there.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quirk isn't really a quirk, and if an officer gives you an order, unless there's a more pressing issue (A marine dying for example) you should be following it unless it breaks marine law.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here but as others have said please work on your English, knowing how to communicate is pretty vital for playing a synthetic.

Overall rather poor application -1.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few issues:
    - Your story was an absolute pain to read through
    - Going off the answers to your questions, you're still quite new to the game
    - As mike said, the quirk is just straight up bad

I recommend you take some time to play and get better at the game. If you plan on re-applying, get somebody to read your story before you submit it. -1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied, reapply in the allotted time, ask for help on the discord or from a council member.