User Tag List

Thread: New Role/Tag - Recruit

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Role/Tag - Recruit

With the introduction of timelocks, SEA, and tracking mechanisms I think it might be a good idea to have a new role "recruit".

It functions identically to PFC (is the exact same) the only difference is the rank tag.

The idea being, if you have between 0-4 hours (or whatever) as a marine you get the "recruit" rank. After the time had passed you just revert to PFC.

This will more easily help marines identify and help new players, and help mentors and SEA able to recognize and assist.

It would also make potential griefers easier to spot.

Also we can bully them.

Thoughts?

P.S. It occured to me that you could apply this to most ranks. Maybe we could do "title" system where after 100× hours you are a 'veteran SG' instead of just SG.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, that we already have it. Cakey created PVT rank to help mentors find marines, who are new to server.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rals View Post
    I think, that we already have it. Cakey created PVT rank to help mentors find marines, who are new to server.
    Cool if so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea we do. PVT's are 0-4 hours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    With the introduction of timelocks, SEA, and tracking mechanisms I think it might be a good idea to have a new role "recruit".

It functions identically to PFC (is the exact same) the only difference is the rank tag.

The idea being, if you have between 0-4 hours (or whatever) as a marine you get the "recruit" rank. After the time had passed you just revert to PFC.

This will more easily help marines identify and help new players, and help mentors and SEA able to recognize and assist.

It would also make potential griefers easier to spot.

Also we can bully them.

Thoughts?

P.S. It occured to me that you could apply this to most ranks. Maybe we could do "title" system where after 100× hours you are a 'veteran SG' instead of just SG.
    I agree with the "Veteran SG"

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFC players with under 9 hours of playtime will be PVTs.

I chose not to apply rank differences to anything beyond PFC and SEA because I do not want to create potential elitism for people who have grinded hours out for the higher ranks. It also convolutes the expected chain of command structure, when both the SEA and PVT mechanics do not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    PFC players with under 9 hours of playtime will be PVTs.

I chose not to apply rank differences to anything beyond PFC and SEA because I do not want to create potential elitism for people who have grinded hours out for the higher ranks. It also convolutes the expected chain of command structure, when both the SEA and PVT mechanics do not.
    Not to mention, at that level you’re messing with NCO ranks which are substantially more difficult to move through than the lower enlisted ranks.