User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: those new xeno sprites...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only seen a few, spitter, prea and I saw a pic of the new predalien larva.

My biggest grip with nicboones sprites has always been how similar the silhouettes look. Lurker, drone, sent, and spitter all looked very similar. I haven't seen the rest but I hope that's been addressed.

The new predalien larva is a 10000000000% improvement.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding them in will filter out the RP lore sseths thus we'll get more FPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new sprites are some perfect mixture of fuck-ugly and adorable. I like them, I think the evolutions actually flow well and the castes are distinct. For example:

compared to (couldn't get the images to scale right, my apologies).

The Red ones are the Ambushers. . . except for in the middle, the one that's black with a orange crest like the spitting caste who all have orangeish-yellow crests and acid sacs except for the last one which is orange and has no sacs. They're otherwise fine, except for the fact that they can also go from black to blue to purple to purple again or black again.

Xenoids are able to have a lot in common (Hunched, bulbous green eyes, paws or claws) while remaining meaningfully different (Number of limbs, persistence of Tier 1 traits in Tier 3 sprites, color coding amongst branches).

The runner is awful, though, and I look forward to gameplay iterations that can come from not being restricted by the omnipresent lore such as acid blood tweakage and Xenoids that shoot fireballs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take issue with some of the sprites being buck-toothed. On the other hand, anything on the defender line looks pretty darn cool.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god the runner. IT SLITHERS.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You monsters. I can't... Stop... Laughing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I've had a proper look at them I'd say two things about the designs:

-The teeth on the range castes look really bad imo, but I get that they're there to help make their tree more distinctive. If there's anything on a whole tree I'd change it's the teeth though, all of the other heads look much better without fangs or anything like that. Maybe they could get something like a probiscious?

-Lurker's eyes are the best eyes hands down, the slotted eyes look way cooler than the bulbus ones in my opinion.

What I really like about them is that they all look distinctive, you can tell immediately which caste is which and form a pure game perspective that's a definite improvement. One thing I think the nic sprites do better is how shadows are caste on the sprites, and I think they had darker tones which I prefer to how bright these ones are.

Has anyone got a picture of the rest of the new sprites?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seriously why do warriors have hooves
    and why do crushers have 6 legs, that many legs should impair them when running at high speeds

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    The new sprites are some perfect mixture of fuck-ugly and adorable. I like them, I think the evolutions actually flow well and the castes are distinct. For example:

compared to (couldn't get the images to scale right, my apologies).

The Red ones are the Ambushers. . . except for in the middle, the one that's black with a orange crest like the spitting caste who all have orangeish-yellow crests and acid sacs except for the last one which is orange and has no sacs. They're otherwise fine, except for the fact that they can also go from black to blue to purple to purple again or black again.

Xenoids are able to have a lot in common (Hunched, bulbous green eyes, paws or claws) while remaining meaningfully different (Number of limbs, persistence of Tier 1 traits in Tier 3 sprites, color coding amongst branches).

The runner is awful, though, and I look forward to gameplay iterations that can come from not being restricted by the omnipresent lore such as acid blood tweakage and Xenoids that shoot fireballs.

I mean, maybe they just need a tweak in the colors?

I do like the Xenos more though, only reason I started playing here tbh.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no one answered my question on how the warrior grabs if the nigga has hooves