Byond ID?
    JennerH

CM Character?
    Madison Delaney, Guy Monday, Jazebelle Bellafonte

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Pacific Standard Time (US West)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    2-4 hours per day usually, with some days playing as much as 8 hours of CM (help me), so a minimum of 14 hours a week I guess?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Mentor for CM

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Paradise, Bad Deathclaw, Halo, Leben, a few others but not for more than a round or two

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=17967 (Commander App)

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16232 (Synth App)

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=15841 (Pred App (Terrible))

My Mentor App, but that was a PM and not really a linkable application

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Redundant section?

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I'm currently a Mentor here on CM

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Never more than 24 hours

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    non applicable

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, I'm more than willing

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Aghost to the location, observe the situation, PM the shooter and ask what happened, PM the victim and get his side, and determine if it was an accident. If it was just the one shot and the shooter doesn't have a huge note history of shooting people at round start I'll probably leave it to be handled ICly while either telling the shooter to keep it holstered next time or, if the situation calls for it, leaving a note.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Refer the player to the forums to make a player report against the predator, and provide him the information to do so

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Request a mentor to assist them, and if none are available and I have the time to do so, assist them myself

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Rule 3. Don�t be a dick

I'd respond with either a note or a 3 hour ban

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    PM him about the name, explain rule 12, tell him he needs to change it (informing a admin or higher who's capable of doing so) and if he has a history of names like that, apply an appropriate ban

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Rule 5 and possibly Rule 6 depending on the situation of the round and what kind of gear they have. investigate by PMing and asking their reasoning, if it's a bad reason inform them of their rule break and apply a note and/or ban/job ban based on note history. if noting, make them return the gear to where they found it.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    investigate by PMing the victim what happened, get the survivor's side of things and see if any other witnesses can attest to a openly, non-turncoaty hostile survivor, and review the logs if necessary. If the survivor is found in the wrong, either warn/note or Jban based on player's note history. Survivors are required to adhere to a certain standard of roleplay and players can find the survivor guidelines in the Rules.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    investigate the situation. PM the MP, the victim and the RO/CT/possible witnesses for their sides of the story, check to see how the MP determined that they deserve to be perma'd, and either inform the player what they actually got perma'd for or warn/note the MP for improper brig procedure and ask them to please release the player from perma

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I'd inform an Admin+ of the round delay. Moderators shouldn't influence rounds in that way, it's not their job.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    investigate the situation. view the player's note history to see if they're either new or have a bad note history, ask them why they are ODing so many patients and if they appear new, ask a mentor to help them while leaving a neutral note about the situation incase it happens again. If they have a history of doing that and/or admit to doing it on purpose, apply a jban/timed ban.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Hostile factions can kill each other after the round ends. EORG doesn't apply here

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Rule 4 as well as round start shenanigans. Punishable by a warn/note or timed ban based on note history and moderator discretion

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Rule 14. Improper escalation. note and a ban based on note history, and an aheal to the victim

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    say in OOC to either ahelp for a proper mutiny or cease. If players continue punish individuals accordingly

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Rule 0. IC issue I'd PM the person making the joke asking them to stop, since even though 9 marines have no problem with it someone does, and now it's a problem. (yes, I managed to miss the big DOESNT APPLY TO MODS OR MENTORS somehow, go figure)

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban the player for Rule 4 and Rule 9, file for perma. Aheal the victims

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'm not sure if this is a rule 4 or a rule 11, but it's against the xeno roleplay standards and from my experience results in a xeno role ban, so I'd do as such

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    net speak, as well as not conforming to the xeno roleplay standards. warn/note for first offense, follow with a ban if it continues

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Hivemind is an english translation of xeno speak, so this is fine. IC issue

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Metaknowledge, warn/note the player if his note history isn't terrible, unless there is an event specifically stating marines should know of the xeno presence. I'd first PM the player why he said it though, just incase survivors somehow set up Tcomms or something.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Rule 14. Warn/note the player for first time offense and ban if it continues/has a bad note history.

While it could be argued that certain situations like that are RPable, it's ultimately still a piss poor reason to kill someone and I'd even consider it being a dick, although I'd probably not apply Rule 3

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    blatant Rule 3, moderator's discretion but I'd probably apply a 3 hour ban unless they have a huge note history of this

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC issue, SSD isn't an excuse. Some people lose connection in shitty situations and it sucks, but there's no good way to handle that situation without stepping on the enjoyment of other players during the round.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    bring it up in Msay, give them the proper information or ask them why they decided to enforce a rule in that way.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If the player thinks the ruling was unfair they can make a staff report. I'd say my opinion in msay but ultimately it's the moderator who's handling the situation that gets final say in how it's handled.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've been playing for over a year now and while I enjoy being a mentor, I feel that I could better benefit the community as a moderator considering I often play at timezones with fewer staff available. Mentors are great for helping new players, but moderators can help the server when bad things happen, and I like that

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    being capable of making an informed decision on how to handle a situation.

Anything else you
    I've been a mentor since early 2018, and I started playing at the beginning of october, 2017.
    Last edited by Glass Bottle Coke; 01-09-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JennerH View Post
    Moderator Application

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Rule 0. IC issue
    This shows blatant misunderstanding of the rules. I cant support this. Only admin+ can use rule 0.
    hello im dondale

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdex View Post
    This shows blatant misunderstanding of the rules. I cant support this. Only admin+ can use rule 0.
    in my defense, I read the rule page over 20 times while writing this application and at no point did I notice the (DOES NOT APPLY TO MODS OR MENTORS) part. On that note, I don't think a simple misunderstanding should disqualify my ENTIRE app.

as for the actual question, There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps it. I'd PM the person making the joke asking them to stop, since even though 9 marines have no problem with it someone does, and now it's a problem.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit iffy on this, as I feel the answers are a bit off, especially for someone who has been around us working.

My opinions on the questions:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

All in all, I'm gonna be brutally honest here, I've seen you do good work as a mentor, and you've got a lot going for you there, I feel like your answers to the questions show a bit of a poor understanding of protocol and how we enforce things, despite having access to msay and being able to see how we do these things on a daily basis. I'd like to say that any of my opinions on what is wrong with the answers that I said are just opinions, and only my personal interpretation of how they should be answered.

Although the whole point of a Trial Moderator is to learn these things, there seems to be a pretty fundamental misunderstanding. This is going to be a -1 from me.
    Last edited by Grimreaperx15; 01-09-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest with you, I've not actually seen you online or answering ahelps as a Mentor perhaps due to timezone but irregardless the answers you have provided make me feel you don't fully understand our rules. I'm neutral for now until more staff vote.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have major issues with the application. I'm more of a believer that a mentor who wishes to become a moderator should be given a little bit more leeway.

Jenner knows the game, and honestly some of the answers are hit and miss. But I've seen them do mentor duties without issues.
    I think these issues can be hammered out in a trial
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to give you a +1, yes the rule 0 thing is kinda big but as you yourself said it shouldn't disqualify your app. Trial Period is for learning and that's what you'll do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit I wouldn't say the answers are perfect, but I do think you're worth a trial. You're a decent mentor from what I can tell. Minor things can be corrected during a trial.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like you when I see you. WHEN I see you (yes Im not counting the past week or two ive been largely absent, talking earlier than that) but unless your IG presence has increased alot in the past couple weeks id have to agree in part with what Mizari said about lack of responding to ahelps. Though you are by no means the laziest mentor, i have seen you answer a few and i know us mods steal alot of them, for someone wanting to become one of us thieves you gotta show abit more diligence in replying and marking ahelps. That being said though I've not been on much the past couple weeks so that may have changed abit.

For now ill remain Neutral pending an answer to these extra questions to cover the old defunct questions and try give you some bonus points for the whole "Rule 0" issue people have.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Assuming you can answer those without any absolutely terrible answers i reckon any of the other problems people have can be ironed out during your trial. Ill change to +1 if you answer well otherwise ill remain Neutral

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

A little ban happy, IMO, and some of the answers you've given are ehhhh. But I think most of the kinks here could be ironed out during a trial.