no
    fuck them and fuck researchers that do it

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    If you're a PFC, you're barerly trained(PFC's don't even know howto inject someone with normal syringe and they have CQC and weapons skill 1. Literally just above 0. They have 0 skill in any other thing), unprofessional and undisciplined conscript. It's not your job to question orders, nor would you know whether or not these aliens were signed off on as being allowed. That's way over your paygrade and you know it.

Trying to justify murdering them as roleplay is fucking hilarious.
    Fixed some typos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Start doing some fucking paperwork to have them on ship. The moment you can't give me copy of a signed document by aCO that you are allowed to breed them, I will slay all of them.
    Needing to get special paperwork to do your JOB is a fucking joke. Researchers are supposed to do RESEARCH, what better way to do that than live specimens!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    snip
    You do realize injecting people with syringes literally does require specialized training. It's not like you just stab people with it and press down on the plunger. There's a reason nurses can do it and not nursing assistants. The marines do however know basic first aid since they can treat their own injuries with bandages and bruise packs and splint their own broken limbs.

The fact they're so incompetent otherwise I choose to regard as a gameplay mechanic because you bums can't be trusted to not abuse anything and everything otherwise rather than the marines being cavemen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Needing to get special paperwork to do your JOB is a fucking joke.
    Honestly I don't think this statement holds up, of course you need to do paperwork to do a deskjob, and of course you need permission from the CO before bringing a hostile, dangerous, and officially uncatalogued xeno species aboard.
    However, paperwork is STILL unintuitive to this day, but if it actually worked and didn't require a bunch of wiki copy-pasting and formatting it would actually make sense to require paperwork for certain things. Right now it's such a pain to deal with (especially for newbies) people just don't wanna do it for the sheer waste of time and lack of interest..

So this got me thinking that something like a 'formal paper' item separate from 'normal paper' that uses the old formatting system is necessary.
    I don't hate how paper works, but for actual paperwork it's atrocious, and something more standardized and menu-based needs to be added so that people can just click the button to choose what format they want to use play the actual game instead of formatting all sorts of crap from the wiki for 10 minutes all while hoping that the marines dont shitstomp the xenos before they can actually even try to play the round how they wanted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    Honestly I don't think this statement holds up, of course you need to do paperwork to do a deskjob, and of course you need permission from the CO before bringing a hostile, dangerous, and officially uncatalogued xeno species aboard.
    However, paperwork is STILL unintuitive to this day, but if it actually worked and didn't require a bunch of wiki copy-pasting and formatting it would actually make sense to require paperwork for certain things. Right now it's such a pain to deal with (especially for newbies) people just don't wanna do it for the sheer waste of time and lack of interest..

So this got me thinking that something like a 'formal paper' item separate from 'normal paper' that uses the old formatting system is necessary.
    I don't hate how paper works, but for actual paperwork it's atrocious, and something more standardized and menu-based needs to be added so that people can just click the button to choose what format they want to use play the actual game instead of formatting all sorts of crap from the wiki for 10 minutes all while hoping that the marines dont shitstomp the xenos before they can actually even try to play the round how they wanted.
    Sure it's normal for a real-world job, but we don't require the RO to have to send a written request to use up supply points. Nor does the CE need written permission to send down a maintenance technician into dangerous territory (fob). MPs don't need to send a request before pummeling marines.
    Turns out that none of the jobs involve any paperwork aside from the CL who occasionally sends a report into the great fax machine in the sky.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    You do realize injecting people with syringes literally does require specialized training. It's not like you just stab people with it and press down on the plunger. There's a reason nurses can do it and not nursing assistants. The marines do however know basic first aid since they can treat their own injuries with bandages and bruise packs and splint their own broken limbs.

The fact they're so incompetent otherwise I choose to regard as a gameplay mechanic because you bums can't be trusted to not abuse anything and everything otherwise rather than the marines being cavemen.
    It doesn't. You need no medical degree to slightly thrust needle into the muscle (ass cheeks for example) and press the plunger slowly. It isn't professional, it isn't 100% safe and shit but it's doable. You won't be able to perfectly inject/succ from vein, but again, simple fact of injecting is doable. If I can recall, it is remnant from the times where you could choose your blood type, so marines would stab others to zucc their blood and then inject it to themselfs. It's years since you can't choose your blood type, yet this archaic and stupid restrain is still in place.

Gameplay, lore, mechanics, everything point out towards Falling Falcons being the worst battalion with untrained monkeys who were only teached to pull the trigger.

Just the fact that PFC's have the exact same Firearms skill level like everyone on ship outside Synth is just cementing that idea. What kind of "special, professional and disciplined" training marines went trough, that everyone handles basic rifle, or shotgun, or pistol on the same level?

Facts are facts and truth can't be denied. PFC in that scenario would murder those benos unless directly ordered not to. Researcher in that scenario would be BE'ed for breeding benos without noticing anyone. CO in that scenario would be Court Marshalled if he allowed such things to happen on his ship without HC premission.
    LRP bad, eh? Better to not think about anything too much, or the illusion of "MRP" falls like house of cards.
    Last edited by CABAL; 12-14-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that this specific thing involves more danger to the ship itself than those (however maybe paperwork SHOULD be necessary to send shipside staff down), but my real point is that enforcing rules against people who storm research without being ordered not to by command makes no sense when paperwork and authorization are so informal to begin with.

If you can click the button to format, click the buttons to fill in the text, hand it to the CO and have him click a button to sign, it makes all this a lot easier than just saying "punish marines who aren't actually breaking formal/legal orders".
    Of course simply having the CO call for a stand-down in announcements/radio SHOULD work (and shame/bans on you if you ignore that) but CABAL does make a good point about suspicion from a squad-marine standpoint.

It may be a xenobiological research-capable ship but that doesn't give Researchers full reign to do what they want when they want, and maybe marine law should be altered to include a 'Bioweapons Clause' to ensure that this is handled by MPs in a standardized, legal sense rather than assumptions of danger and direct orders from the CO.

I definitely believe that xeno-containment should be authorized by the CO before it is initiated by the research staff, but the current paperwork/legal system for xeno-containment just makes that whole thing a jumbled mess, and changing that would be the first step to mediating xeno-containment gameplay which seems to be a relatively big source of player/staff reports and bans.

edit: I'd like to add that requiring permission from HC is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS if the current paperwork/fax system isn't overhauled/automated. Blocking gameplay based on which staff are on and what mood they're in isn't gonna fix this problem at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an event I haven't seen in awhile, but the whole "sending a DS with a neutral queen to the Almayer and putting her in containment" event remains one of the events with the highest player engagment I've ever seen. And it tends to generate a lot of discussion.

So I'm going to say people killing xenos in containment is fine, as if you stopped people from doing it you'd be stopping them from roleplaying. You might say that you're stopping people from roleplaying by killing xenos in containment, and there is an argument for that (corrupted xenos who join the marines is an event, after all), but you can still do that - you just have to handle the inevitable unga dungas first. I guess you could make containment xenos not count for statistics/bioscan, count more for defcon aive than dead, make them corrupted xenos not related to the main hive, and maybe make reserch walls stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    edit: I'd like to add that requiring permission from HC is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS if the current paperwork/fax system isn't overhauled/automated. Blocking gameplay based on which staff are on and what mood they're in isn't gonna fix this problem at all.
    Also I'm giong to agree with this. The defualt position from HC should just be "go ahead CO, we trust you bro, we're sure you can handle breeding a few bugs and these things sound like dope weapons". In fact, maybe there could be default faxes that get a pre-prepared response from HC. All of it would be ingame and not require any OOC knowledge, other than maybe how to format the fax correctly. But if you send something saying requesting reinforcements, captured xenos, the CL is a traitor ect ect you just get a pre written answer after 5 minutes instead of an admin who wants to reply having to be online. An admin could always intervene and send their own custom reponse if they wanted to, of course.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; 12-14-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I made a suggestion here. Of course I expect nothing but I think a lot of this problem can be solved by leaving less guesswork as to when marines/MPs have a right to prevent a potential outbreak on their own ship (along with a few other things I've always wanted to see...)