Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop killing live xenos in containment you turdburglars

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    Well, I made a suggestion here. Of course I expect nothing but I think a lot of this problem can be solved by leaving less guesswork as to when marines/MPs have a right to prevent a potential outbreak on their own ship (along with a few other things I've always wanted to see...)
    Poor soul. You spend your time on such things. Are you even aware that Gitlab is even more ignored than propositions on forum? The difference is that some staffmeme will respond to it and then it will be forgotten. On forum they simply don't give a shit and you will get no response outside those from players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Poor soul. You spend your time on such things. Are you even aware that Gitlab is even more ignored than propositions on forum? The difference is that some staffmeme will respond to it and then it will be forgotten. On forum they simply don't give a shit and you will get no response outside those from players.
    I've had many of my suggestions on there implemented, that's more than I can say for the forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've heard of work on this before and if it gets things rolling again or gets some good ideas running it's worth making things suck less for shipside roles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It says right in the Researcher wiki that "Storing dead xenomorphs in any research containment cell will contribute a small amount of DEFCON points. However, storing live xenomorphs will contribute a massive bonus to the DEFCON levels. You will need the Marines assistance in securing egg samples, which can be placed in the containment cells" so anyone killing xenos in containment is probably a MP, aka a undercover xeno, trying to lower chances Marines have of winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daily reminder to always give the eggs to the CL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
    ... a MP, aka a undercover xeno, trying to lower chances Marines have of winning.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
    anyone killing xenos in containment is probably a MP, aka a undercover xeno, trying to lower chances Marines have of winning.
    The gig is up!

Cheese it!

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...You need no medical degree to slightly thrust needle into the muscle (ass cheeks for example) and press the plunger slowly. It isn't professional, it isn't 100% safe and shit but it's doable. You won't be able to perfectly inject/succ from vein, but again, simple fact of injecting is doable. ...
    On this there are interesting RL facts. (I almost coded them into SS13 long time ago.)

What dictate if something is to be injected on muscle, vein or adipose tissue is the chemical composition.

If it's something of an oily base (intended for muscle) and you inject on a vein or artery by accident, it will usually cause an embolism. Will compromise the blood flow to a limb or organ causing serious damage to affected site.

If it's an allergen (vaccine) it may cause something as dangerous as it, that is an anaphylactic reaction.

List goes on, where some stuff only cause "minor" damage like localized pain.

While hitting nerves, tendons or joint cartilage can compromise those structures and damage the function of the afflicted limb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the killing the xenos issue? I think it may or may not be justifiable depending on circumstances.

> Did the xenomorphs killed 85% or more of the marines to the point almost any surviving trooper is on a "terminate all of them by all means" mindset?

> Are the researchers and/or liaison using unwilling humans for breeding experiments and command is complacent about it?

> Xenomorphs by containment are actively trying to escape and are likely to succeed?

> Command is going full "mutiny me please" by causing many marine losses through stupidity / incompetence / whatever and suddenly announced they are proud to have many captured xenomorphs aboard?

Any "yes" here would be a good RP reason for invading the cells and executing the captive aliens.
    (But it's a mutiny if it isn't the #3 case.)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Degrasse View Post
    On the killing the xenos issue? I think it may or may not be justifiable depending on circumstances.

> Did the xenomorphs killed 85% or more of the marines to the point almost any surviving trooper is on a "terminate all of them by all means" mindset?

> Are the researchers and/or liaison using unwilling humans for breeding experiments and command is complacent about it?

> Xenomorphs by containment are actively trying to escape and are likely to succeed?

> Command is going full "mutiny me please" by causing many marine losses through stupidity / incompetence / whatever and suddenly announced they are proud to have many captured xenomorphs aboard?

Any "yes" here would be a good RP reason for invading the cells and executing the captive aliens.
    (But it's a mutiny if it isn't the #3 case.)
    Add "Researcher is breeding Xenos without informing aCO and if aCO doesn't inform PFC's, it's viable ground for mutiny if they find out".