Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stop killing live xenos in containment you turdburglars

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    The Chief Medical Officer has final say over the medbay and medical procedures on board the Almayer, except when overridden by the Commanding Officer or Executive Officer. They may authorize or prohibit experiments at their discretion, set medbay procedure and fire or hire civilians working in their department. When in medbay all combat marines are required to listen to and obey the orders of the CMO.

Take it up with Neth if you think that's wrong. Otherwise, get permission from the CMO or CO before killing aliens in containment.
    Even with those lacking Laws and SoP, CMO has to authorize that and I still wouldn't take a "word" for it. On signed paper, or it doesn't exist.
    With current SoP, CMO can secretly breed xenos and he is not obligated to inform CO, or XO about it and he even shouldn't just to not risk denial.

MP's for example, are not combat marines, so they don't have to take shit from CMO to destroy aliens who are breed without CO knowledge and agreedment. Any sane CO should order that, otherwise it's always valid point to start mutiny.

This also shows that whole current system runs at "If not directly ordered that it's not allowed, it's damn sure allowed". If some "SS13" surgery procedures weren't removed, doctors could radomly remove unimportant organs and implant shit like radios and flashlights into marines unless ordered not to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Chief Medical Officer has final say over the medbay and medical procedures on board the Almayer, except when overridden by the Commanding Officer or Executive Officer. They may authorize or prohibit experiments at their discretion, set medbay procedure and fire or hire civilians working in their department. When in medbay all combat marines are required to listen to and obey the orders of the CMO.

Take it up with Neth if you think that's wrong. Otherwise, get permission from the CMO or CO before killing aliens in containment.
    Don't waste time. Arguing with Cabal is pointless, none of your points will be acknowledged, it's his way or no way.
    Last edited by RaddishRed; 01-17-2020 at 10:03 PM. Reason: hit "post" waaay too soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Sounds like you want to change it so CMO has to notify the CO to keep live Xenos in containment. Still doesn't mean grunts can kill Xenos in Containment.

In fact, even if CMOs had to notify CO, andeven if the CMO HADN'T notified the CO, you STILL wouldn't be able to kill Xenos in containment. That would be an MP issue. Take it up with the CO, if the CO disapproves he would order MPs or hand-picked marines to execute the Xeno and for MPs to arrest the CMO (Or researcher).

From a game design perspective it would be stupid to allow it to begin with. Live Xenos are a avenue for RP and enjoyment for Researchers and Synth players. Allowing any griefing PVT to kill them without repercussion is just ruining fun gameplay moments because some stupid 14 year old wants to improve their K/D ratio. Have some god damn respect for other roles and players in the game ffs. SS13 is suppose to be a cooperative entertainment platform. People who play the game like anti-social autists make it less fun. We shouldn't encourage their behavior. End of story.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RaddishRed View Post
    Don't waste time. Arguing with Cabal is pointless, none of your points will be acknowledged, it's his way or no way.
    Please, politely STFU.

Okay. Sounds like you want to change it so CMO has to notify the CO to keep live Xenos in containment. Still doesn't mean grunts can kill Xenos in Containment.

In fact, even if CMOs had to notify CO, andeven if the CMO HADN'T notified the CO, you STILL wouldn't be able to kill Xenos in containment. That would be an MP issue. Take it up with the CO, if the CO disapproves he would order MPs or hand-picked marines to execute the Xeno and for MPs to arrest the CMO (Or researcher).

From a game design perspective it would be stupid to allow it to begin with. Live Xenos are a avenue for RP and enjoyment for Researchers and Synth players. Allowing any griefing PVT to kill them without repercussion is just ruining fun gameplay moments because some stupid 14 year old wants to improve their K/D ratio. Have some god damn respect for other roles and players in the game ffs. SS13 is suppose to be a cooperative entertainment platform. People who play the game like anti-social autists make it less fun. We shouldn't encourage their behavior. End of story.
    Marines aren't able to just storm the contaiment and kill benos. Shutters and windows are invulnerable to bullets. I'm not arguing that you should always kill the benos no matter what, just because that worthless statistic that doesn't acknowledge the side you were on when you killed said entity is pointless.

I'm arguing that there is multiple IC reasons to kill the benos and if Researcher didn't bothered to set up RP with signed papers, he deserve to get his toys killed. In the OOC perspective it's even beneficial to keep benos in contaiment, as commodity which is know as "observers with toggled beno after unrevivable death" is lower, so in pratice there is less T1's running around.

Again, no matter what commie vegetable says and what you might think, I'm not all for killing benos. I'm all for researcher to get signed by CO paper that he can breed benos and that CO takes responsability for it. Nothing more. If something like this happens, then killing benos is simply disobeying direct, valid and solid (a)CO orders. In any other case, if there is no such barebones paperwork, researcher deserves to cry in corner because his benos were killed.

Again, because some anti-blue plants spread natural fertilizer on my posts:
    "Okay. Sounds like you want to change it so CMO has to notify the CO to keep live Xenos in containment. Still doesn't mean grunts can kill Xenos in Containment."
    Doesn't fucking matter who kills them, if monkey was infected before (a)CO signed devil's pact of responsability, they should be killed no matter what. By grunts, by MP's, by CT's... Doesn't matter. It's about keeping belivelable environment. And it isn't belivelable to breed bioweapons on the military ship currently engaging the same bioweapon, under the nose of (a)CO, or only with his vocal agreedment. This stuff is too important for vocal authorisation. Just as CO has to make announcement after BE, because BE is too important to just spit words.

This actually creates more RP opportunities. PFC's should be the least restrained role, so if they don't like the idea of breeding their enemies directly on the ship they came here, they should be given "metaphorical" tools to do something with it (interesting in most cases).
    Researcher watching as benos spam *roar and dance via holding ctrl and arrow keys isn't really interesting RP. Marines arguing about morals, logic and shit, then taking matters in their own hands when everything else fails is.

To shorten the message for some particular form of stationary life form and other benomains: Benos on the ship with CO premission = Whatever. Benos on the ship without CO premission = Bad. Killing benos in first case = Bad/ Killing benos in second case = Good.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Please, politely STFU.

Marines aren't able to just storm the contaiment and kill benos. Shutters and windows are invulnerable to bullets. I'm not arguing that you should always kill the benos no matter what, just because that worthless statistic that doesn't acknowledge the side you were on when you killed said entity is pointless.

I'm arguing that there is multiple IC reasons to kill the benos and if Researcher didn't bothered to set up RP with signed papers, he deserve to get his toys killed. In the OOC perspective it's even beneficial to keep benos in contaiment, as commodity which is know as "observers with toggled beno after unrevivable death" is lower, so in pratice there is less T1's running around.

Again, no matter what commie vegetable says and what you might think, I'm not all for killing benos. I'm all for researcher to get signed by CO paper that he can breed benos and that CO takes responsability for it. Nothing more. If something like this happens, then killing benos is simply disobeying direct, valid and solid (a)CO orders. In any other case, if there is no such barebones paperwork, researcher deserves to cry in corner because his benos were killed.

Again, because some anti-blue plants spread natural fertilizer on my posts:
    "Okay. Sounds like you want to change it so CMO has to notify the CO to keep live Xenos in containment. Still doesn't mean grunts can kill Xenos in Containment."
    Doesn't fucking matter who kills them, if monkey was infected before (a)CO signed devil's pact of responsability, they should be killed no matter what. By grunts, by MP's, by CT's... Doesn't matter. It's about keeping belivelable environment. And it isn't belivelable to breed bioweapons on the military ship currently engaging the same bioweapon, under the nose of (a)CO, or only with his vocal agreedment. This stuff is too important for vocal authorisation. Just as CO has to make announcement after BE, because BE is too important to just spit words.

This actually creates more RP opportunities. PFC's should be the least restrained role, so if they don't like the idea of breeding their enemies directly on the ship they came here, they should be given "metaphorical" tools to do something with it (interesting in most cases).
    Researcher watching as benos spam *roar and dance via holding ctrl and arrow keys isn't really interesting RP. Marines arguing about morals, logic and shit, then taking matters in their own hands when everything else fails is.

To shorten the message for some particular form of stationary life form and other benomains: Benos on the ship with CO premission = Whatever. Benos on the ship without CO premission = Bad. Killing benos in first case = Bad/ Killing benos in second case = Good.
    No cabal, they're right, you routinely look for blindly pro marine arguements to make and then proceed to throw a text based fit until people get enough of it and ignore you. This is valid criticism you need to hear.

I'll not continue this as it's not relevant to the thread

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    No cabal, they're right, you routinely look for blindly pro marine arguements to make and then proceed to throw a text based fit until people get enough of it and ignore you. This is valid criticism you need to hear.

I'll not continue this as it's not relevant to the thread
    Maybe I do as I'm only human, but where in quoted post I gave strictly "pro marine" arguments? I am aware that trough years, I got sick and tired of benobias (that was real in form of 75%-25% winrate in a TDM server that many players call also "LRP", or "ZeroRP" and not so long ago in form of chaning entire marine force into low HP monkeys) so my "fight" might be currently misdirected, as "need of Justice" corrupted itself into "blind need of retribution from server/benomains/Kane knows what".

Certain "Ebents" trough last days in ShoutBox and in posts "force" me to reconsider my hard-coded beliefs so I will try take everything as of "fresh start" to maybe became a better person and less of a annoying marinemain.
    Last edited by CABAL; 01-21-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should only be killing the xenos in containment if there the last ones.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTori View Post
    You should only be killing the xenos in containment if there the last ones.
    Benos in contaiment don't count as "xenos alive". If they are the last one, round ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CABAL goes on cringy marinemain rants that annoy the shit out of everyone, but I agree with him here, live xenos have no points, but the bodies do, so im going to blast whatever xenos you have, the absolute second they die it counts to Defcon, ive seen grouping of 8 xenos that could have brought in more reinforcements and supplies. Until the devs change defcon, im shotgunning down your doors, and tossing HEDP in the cells

Edit* Yes im a Delta main
    Last edited by Sixty40; 01-21-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty40 View Post
    CABAL goes on cringy marinemain rants that annoy the shit out of everyone, but I agree with him here, live xenos have no points, but the bodies do, so im going to blast whatever xenos you have, the absolute second they die it counts to Defcon, ive seen grouping of 8 xenos that could have brought in more reinforcements and supplies. Until the devs change defcon, im shotgunning down your doors, and tossing HEDP in the cells

Edit* Yes im a Delta main
    Oh, so sweet, but it's not my intention to show that xenos in contaiment serve no purpose and have no point in living.

Devs got that trick covered. Corpses alone don't give DEFCON points, the % of them in cells do. So if marines have for example 8 corpses of benos in cell and there is total of 24 corpses anywhere, marines have 33% out of 100% DEFCON points for corpses (and there is intel DEFCON points poll and human corpses DEFCON points poll etc), so for killing 2 benos in contaiment in that scenario, you give marines overall 10 corpses, but poll raises and it's now 10 to 26, so before marines had 33% of possible points for corpses and after that they have 40%. It's a bit of a help, but in the grand scheme of thing, it doesn't matter that much.
    (Or I just only saw that somewhere, maybe it changed, or never was true since wiki and some gossip stated that live xenos give points, now devs "confirm" they don't)

Arguably, from the point of hard-on marinemaining and anti-beno policy, keeping xenos alive in contaiment is beneficial as it takes players from fighting in the battlefield.
    Last edited by CABAL; 01-21-2020 at 09:29 PM.