0 Thread(s)

soundwavesghost - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    soundwavesghost

Marine Name
    Paul Cullars

Other Whitelist Applications
    None since website change originally signed up for Synth when it was released, denied as Feweh did not know me.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Kacie

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Lethal combat would be authorized when it was required to safeguard human life, Non-lethal would be preferred if it is to protect humans from humans.

Synthetic Character Story
    Kacie was a special order WY model Darnell with a voice and gender appearance package applied. For her original owner she was a medical assistant to the aging business owner. Upon his final passing of old age she was re-assigned by his heirs to one of the semi-automated atmospheric processor construction ships. For a several years she was forgotten aboard the vessel until it landed on an unknowingly Xenomorph infested planet. While the xenomorphs did not attack the would be colony until long after it was setup due to the colonist awakening them while mining. She activated a general distress signal for parasitic lifeforms infestation. When the USCM arrived she had managed to respectfully bury most of the burst colonists and successfully remove a single larva from the Corporate Officer giving him time to escape to the orbiting construction ship.

Kacie assisted the marines as much as they would allow flying their drop-ship when their pilot was killed by acid splatter during an ambush at their drop-site. The company meanwhile had been updated and ordered the planet quarantined and the specimens preserved. The marines proceeded to set the atmospheric processor to explode despite her attempts at subtle sabotage by giving them incorrect coordinates or hiding the explosives. When the rendezvoused with her aboard the drop-ship the team was very injured and forcefully disabled Kacie. She was reactivated securely strapped to a table and partially disassembled and interrogated. Realizing the danger she posed to them they wiped her memory and sold her to a trader.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Kacie tends to call guys My lord and women My lady and include their titles afterwards.

She also tends to dress as a medic regardless of what task she is performing wearing the ancient medic short dress when able.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Over the years I've been around I've played MT a couple rounds and good with standard builds and FoB part building. Engines are a breeze and spent alot of time using the power loader as PO loading dropships and pretty good with the OB as long as I remember to read the terminal before loading.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Good with the command console, comfortable with using various radio channels, supply and OB co-ordinates inputs. In the past the one time I pulled XO the CO was Bill Carson so I didn't have much to do and just served as a replacement SO.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Played alot of Doctor over the years and never load the server without having the wiki up to double check my steps. Spent alot of time as researcher as well to play with chemicals. I don't do much custom mixes buy I can quickly produce the bog standard chemicals quickly.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Pulled shifts as a RO than as a CT but know the ins and outs of ordering goods, and the how to generate points via the ASRS by stamping crate inventories and sending them back down. Good with the Supply drop system and very happy you guys added a unique one not tied to the squads.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Want to try out something a bit more challenging RP wise to be honest. I tend to play silicon characters on other servers for the challenge of having a hyper focused setup that suddenly is a hinderance than a asset.

I'm a support player bar none, I have played regular marine and due to my CPU and ISP I am never happy with direct weapon firing but helping those who are more inclined to violence have fun makes me happy.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I have not been banned, and honestly don't think I've ever been job-banned.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Look forward to continuing to play. Won't stop regardless of the app.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synth Application are fine. +1 good luck, bud.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you're an old time player which is nice to see veterans applying for whitelists. Unfortunately, this story doesn't show your synth's quirk and how they talk, and is too short for my taste. The quirk is fine but the story needs to show it. Because of this I am going with -1. If you're going to reapply I recommend you show me your story so I can see if it has all the things I am looking for in it.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to essentially echo what acute said, the story is there to show us how you intend to RP your quirk along with your knowledge of the guidelines (partly). Yours accomplishes neither of these, it's going to be a -1 from me. Read the accepted apps and try again in the future.
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense. I lost the old version I had so I just made something up on the spot. Gentler sorry try again is most welcome from the last one.

Gonna go with this for the updated story. If too late for this app it is fine.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by soundwavesghost; 12-18-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story doesn't really show your quirk, and no, it's too late to edit your application with a new story. Try again next time. -1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3/5 Denied.

Please reapply in the allotted time and please ask for help on discord or a council member when you polish your app.