User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you an Epic Gamer?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am an epic gamer, sue me

36 48.65%
  • No, I suck at playing the game, so I'm sitting here crying about muh RP

38 51.35%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The actual state of CM: A house divided

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Epic Gamers just want to unga and whenever I feed Runner 420 a busquit they flame me.

In all seriousness every meta-rush is proof that we can't have a nice, sane, HRP server because unga tards just want to watch the world burn. Then again what's there to RP with? Xenos? Mods say no, that's LRP. Predators? Unknown laughs. Unknown laughs. Unknown has been hit with the M41A rifle round. BOOOM!

Was it always like this or did the server lose something?
    I guess all that is changed is the fact there is no known "harsh" figure currently. In the past it was Faweh, his alts and Apop. Supposedly Apop could even bwoink/ban benos for not attempting to capture doctors as lone Shipside beno.

I simply think that you can't have MRP/HPR server with more than 100 players as lowpop. Stale and repetitive nature doesn't add anything and RP'ing isn't rewarding. All those faxes, all those prays, all those medical and security records, it is all worthless.

MetaRush is just the best tactic marines have, so it's not proof of anything. Give benos some NPC's at the start of the round that can be released only 5 minutes after DS lands. BYOND NPC's are strong on open field, but are too dumb to do anything to cades, so this would be the best gameplay mechanic to prevent metarushes and it would also give some sort of "achivement" for random baldie who menaged to kill stupid NPC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I guess all that is changed is the fact there is no known "harsh" figure currently. In the past it was Faweh, his alts and Apop. Supposedly Apop could even bwoink/ban benos for not attempting to capture doctors as lone Shipside beno.

I simply think that you can't have MRP/HPR server with more than 100 players as lowpop. Stale and repetitive nature doesn't add anything and RP'ing isn't rewarding. All those faxes, all those prays, all those medical and security records, it is all worthless.

MetaRush is just the best tactic marines have, so it's not proof of anything. Give benos some NPC's at the start of the round that can be released only 5 minutes after DS lands. BYOND NPC's are strong on open field, but are too dumb to do anything to cades, so this would be the best gameplay mechanic to prevent metarushes and it would also give some sort of "achivement" for random baldie who menaged to kill stupid NPC.
    I'm not sure why they have to capture given that they can't infect/nest shipside. But I can see why a lone xeno soloing medbay would still be a problem. Also spawn camping cryo deserves a ban.

I wish mods were given a little more freedom with handling faxes/prayers but I get that both mods and players overuse it sometimes. I think part of the reason RP feels forced and stale is because it's unrewarded. Why RP for an hour when you can just shoot at xenos. FOBites should really be given more RP tools to fill the time.

Metarushes in my opinion are a product of early drop changes (12:15 deployment) in that they don't have a huge punishment factor. Also as much as it pains me to say it metarushes are partly on xenos since no drone wants to build walls for 10 minutes only for xenos to instantly abandon it because the Queen didn't tell anyway she wasn't going to defend that area.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah,

I'm an epic gamer rocking an AG, Bayo, Flash Light m37 loaded with Buckshot and then with a QFA, AG Pulse Rifle.

I kill xenos, preds, sssethz.

They all fall to my powergaming.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guys i just learneded how do permabuckshot (PB) i am goin to kill xenos now hehe
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MasterShakeEZ

Time to get the shotgun and kill the xenos

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any issues here, it's all pretty cut and dry.

If you're a g*mer, you simply take your tricked out shotty and PB them benos epic style.

If you're a refined RPer like me and are looking for quality roleplay, simply grab the trusty m39+light armor combo and scream like a bitch over the radio as you fruitlessly dump mag after mag into the xenos, not killing anything. Plus, you can't even kill your fellow marines with it! Everyone will come to love you, as they love all the other good RPers
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missing one type:
    Epic naders.
    Xeno bunch nade, cade lines nade, prep room nade, someone talks to me? Nade. Some of these nades may or may not be training nades or smoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea that money is what stops CM13 from opening an HRP server is the funniest thing in this entire thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The funny joke is they closed donations several years ago and won't reopen them.

For valid reasons, but an HRP CM server is easily within grasp if the concern is money. Not getting into moderation and shit.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money isn't a problem. Laziness is.