User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you an Epic Gamer?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am an epic gamer, sue me

36 48.65%
  • No, I suck at playing the game, so I'm sitting here crying about muh RP

38 51.35%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The actual state of CM: A house divided

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    No laughs. No fun. All you want us to do is to punish people : (. RP wise I think we can loosen up a little. Especially on the xeno side.

Its nice to have a laugh every once a week or a blue moon.
    I didn't know CM13 stands for COMEDIAN MARINES 13. That damned Mouse wants to try anything. When we will get Donald Duck as CO? It's nice to have a laugh once every few hours.

Here you have it. Marine main and Xeno main. Both share the same feeling. Saying "we aim for MRP", but doing "LRP mostly for 'laughs'" is not fun. Shouldn't server aim for the different direction than MercDonalds? Because if that server starts for real and it will have better mechanics, then what will ol'Comedian Marines 13 have left? Both will have "tons of laugh", so they would appeal to the same group. The same group who most likely would enjoy better mechanics and lack of benobias. Will you laugh with new record of low pop? If yes, then you will be able to laugh every second. Every second full of good laugh.

I just simply can't imagine that some people can't came up with fun, non LRP event. It's like some peoply try to be comedians so hard, they can't stop. And I'm saying that, guy who ends most of his posts with "... hehe".

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Hello RO can I get two gyros?
    I unironically miss him

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    I unironically miss him
    we miss you spooky, come back and remove the tank..

I'll forgive Heidi's shorts bro..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    What's funny is that it's really not much different from regular CM lol

goes to show that bwoinks actually do nothing to encourage RP
    Do people get bwoinked for shit RP here though?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only sometimes, and since the staff have no actual standard for what constitutes 'good roleplay' you can get bwoinked by one admin for referring to your marines as 'my fellow gamers' while another admin won't give a shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Only sometimes, and since the staff have no actual standard for what constitutes 'good roleplay' you can get bwoinked by one admin for referring to your marines as 'my fellow gamers' while another admin won't give a shit.
    Then it appears that if we WANT TO (and do we??) keep the server really MRP we have to have a very serious discussion on the topic.

I'm tired of retards running around screaming "wtf", "lmao", "brb" and of seeing people not performing their duties and just not giving a fuck.

"oh, I'm getting an order from a superior? I don't care lmao, its just a game bruh relax ;-D"

Allowing LRP/NORP surely gives the server more players, but it takes away from the soul of the game.
    So, do we need to have a serious discussion about what kind of RP staff wants the server to have, and what players want?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here's the thing. LRP doesn't really exist. Neither does MRP or HRP, since there is no established standard of what those should be. The staff can't claim that CM is a MRP server since they have never actually stated WHAT MRP actually means.

My personal view? MRP is any roleplay that you put a reasonable amount of effort into, no matter how silly it is, as long as it fits in with the established lore and setting. CM is just the movie Aliens but on a bigger scale, so if you design a character that fits into the movie Aliens, or any of the comics based on it, then you are roleplaying correctly.