0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chemical - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Vivided.

Player Name You Use Most?
    I used whatever name was randomly generated for a couple months when I first started. Lately I�ve been playing as Dirk Rylan.

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    None.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I tend to shy away from the idea of using the BE unless the marine in question is majorly griefing, has committed particularly terrible or harmful crimes against the op, or a failure to take the situation into my own hands would result in further issues.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    As Commanding Officer, I would run my ship as I would when talking with friends. I wouldn�t butt in, interrupt other people�s thoughts, and I would listen to what everyone else had to say. However, I would also hold my own, and would not tolerate insubordination against my orders if that insubordination has no merit.

In the case of an insubordinate engineer, I would let the CMP brig them unless they were necessary to the OP, in which case I would delay the sentence (or just send the synth to take over their duties). In the case of an incompetent SO, I would be patient with them, and maybe ahelp if it looked like they were really struggling. If necessary, i.e. through malicious or repeated mistakes, I would have them brigged. In the case of an XO, I would at first take their input, but if it seemed that they thought that they were better than me or could do the job better than me, I would either A. have them brigged for insub or at least threatened into submission, B. have them go down to the surface, or C. go down to the surface myself (however I think doing this is often unwise, as it seems to imply that the CO is not enjoying commanding up in the CIC, and the CO is of more use in the CIC anyways). However, I do not believe in making a public spat about things, so if the XO is openly complaining about my orders through his headset, I will make sure to put a stop to it, as it is dividing and demoralizing to others for command to be in conflict.

I also prefer to always go down with the ship, and this reflects how I play planetside, always preferring to die saving others rather than save myself. On evacs of the Almayer as the XO, I usually prefer to evac the civilians but command that all marines must hold the ship, unless the marines already proved themselves planetside.

Whenever I play XO and the CO is not in charge, I like to call the SL�s up to the CIC after an evac to get an idea of what they think about the op, i.e. should we redeploy, I think that is something that most CO�s do not do, but the SL�s always seem to extremely appreciate it.

I think of my playstyle as similar to Captain �Godfather� (I forget his full name and there�s other great CO�s like him but I can�t remember their names either). He�s always willing to listen to input from the XO and everyone else, and holds himself to a high RP standard.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To lead the marines, to not act like a moron, to not be authoritarian but to not be soft either, to not go afk and most importantly to pay attention to what�s going on in the chat. I�ve been in charge of the ship nearly a dozen times as the XO in high-pop and low-pop alike (as the CO goes planetside or cryos) as well as once as the CMP, and I think I�ve handled myself and the role well for the most part, and learned from some of my mistakes. I think the CO should play an active role, but not be overbearing. The CO shouldn�t get angry when his/her rules aren�t followed to a tee (because this rarely happens), and instead such things should be expected, but nor should they sit back doing nothing all game. Overall, the CO should be the most dedicated, active and engaged person on the ship, actively role playing and communicating with others, especially their staff officers, who I�ve seen as the XO can sometimes be ignored by the CO, which is ridiculous. Katashi Juro is an example of a CO who is great at involving the SO's and the XO, and I want to emulate that.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    If anything, there seems to be a severe lack of repercussions for squad members disobeying the orders of the SL, the SO or the commander. Perhaps the commander could give the go ahead on punishments of certain squad members from the CIC with approval from the CMP as well. Something that would involve remotely locking the armor so that the marine can�t move perhaps? As it is, insubbing marines is a highly ineffective strategy and leads only to MP�s getting abused. Of course if the CO abused this that would be grounds for instant arrest.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I know that I�m a newer player around here, and haven�t had the opportunity to form many close bonds, but I have been one of the most active players of the past month, playing an average of 2-3 hours almost every single day either as the SL, CMP or XO. I will be a positive role model and provide a fun and enjoyable experience as CO. Winning is always fun, but in the end the CO should not be focused on winning so much as making sure all of the demands of the marines are met by paying attention to the chat. This way, you earn the respect of others by showing that you care about what they have to say.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Name: Dirk Rylan
    Organization: USCM.

Operation and Role: On 31 January, the USS Trident arrived at a fairly large colony which had come under the control of CLF terrorist insurgents. Lt. Rylan�s squad, which Rylan was directing from the USS Trident, soon came under fire, and Rylan quickly ordered his men to fall back. Unbeknownst to him, however, the CLF had surrounded his position, separating him from the other squads. Considering the size of the colony, the squads were rather spread out from one another. Rylan then, noticing the utter lack of enemy contact that the other three squads were experiencing, then became suspicious something was amiss.

Anticipating an ambush, Rylan ordered the men to halt their retreat and create a field base in order to hold off the impending assault. Indeed, their position soon came under heavy fire from multiple angles, but because the squad had fortified themselves in an easily defensible medical storage room, the insurgents were unable to make their way through, and took several casualties trying to assault the room in the process. Rylan then, in a tremendous display of tactical aptitude, ordered two fellow squads to circle from the West and East, subsequently surrounding the CLF insurgents which had over-extended themselves in their attempt to ambush Rylan�s squad. The CLF were subsequently killed or detained to nearly the last man. Rylan then led his squad deeper into the colony while the other squad�s stayed back and processed the captured criminals. Rylan�s squad proceeded to take out or detaine the remaining insurgents and rescue the hostages. All in all, Ryan�s squad suffered from only two minor injuries.

If not for Rylan�s insight, courage and heroism his whole squad may have been lost. Lt. Rylan upheld the exceptional standard that USCM officers are held to, and should be an example for all. I hereby grant Dirk Rylan the rank of Captain Rylan of the USS Almayer.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is good to have your own identity since it helps the Council members recognize who you are. Try to use a single character when playing Command Roles so you get known. I will stay neutral for now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same

neutral

have not seen your name in CIC roles personally so i can't give my opinion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend you just keep playing as Dirk Rylan.

Also I've pulled your logs just to see your RP, and it's normal. However I think you should play some more SO/XO/SL roles.
    Your application isn't bad as well

Give us some rounds as a SO/XO to get your name out there and I will give a +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I would recommend you just keep playing as Dirk Rylan.

Also I've pulled your logs just to see your RP, and it's normal. However I think you should play some more SO/XO/SL roles.
    Your application isn't bad as well

Give us some rounds as a SO/XO to get your name out there and I will give a +1
    I play almost only SL/XO, but I will keep playing them if that's what it takes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your story and you seem to understand the role fairly well.
    Gonna remain neutral for now because I have no understanding of your in game play style as XO and no one has vouched for you in that sense yet.

I suggest you play XO a bit more, if you really want to show off try and see if the CO of the round will give you some more operational leadership for the round. It'll help your case if you keep a cool head and tick off the boxes you need to show you can handle the role � and, if you haven't been playing it much, gives you a idea of the multi-tasking, communication and other skills you need as a CO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 advertised in OOC, also dogshit as XO

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look I'm not going to outright deny you for this one fuck up.

But do not advertise your application anywhere man. People will get to it when they get to it.

https://gyazo.com/b5ee1ecb5bcaae92714e453b494be3b7

Otherwise neutral for now. And please don't play a random name, Otherwise I don't know who you are.

(EDIT)

Yeah you haven't really shown me anything different or new. -1
    Last edited by Bancrose; 01-15-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    -1 bud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    -1 advertised in OOC, also dogshit as XO
    Sorry but.. -1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.