User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chemical - Commander Application

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertersing your own app is pretty bad, i don't even recognize your character.-1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You XO'd under me a few rounds ago and honestly you did pretty decent. I threw you in the deep end of taking the operation while I went planetside and you held it together fairly well with a pretty minimal CIC staff (just you and the LT if I remember correctly).

My main feedback would be that you make heavier usage of announcements, they are 100% the best way to get marines to listen to you. Even if you've got no new orders to give it can be nice to give a fluffy announcement about how well everyone is doing, or perhaps shoutout a specific squad for achieving an objective. Ungas like it if they feel like command is keeping in touch with them, and its good practice to always be communicating even if its just RP communication. Relying solely on command radio will not get you far, especially once SL's start dropping dead and you've got whole squads who aren't hearing you.

Character/RP wise you seemed pretty standard, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I thought it was funny (and very very sneaky) how you escaped to the pods while I was rallying everyone for a big last stand.

However I've only seen you once, and advertising your application is a little iffy. I'm going to keep it neutral for now because I'd like to see you play a bit more CIC roles, just roll SO/XO for a few weeks and stick to a single character (building IC reputation is important). Reapply after that and I'd happily grace you with my +1
    Last edited by Dreven; 01-14-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, okay. I had no clue that advertising one's own app was in any way disallowed, but that's my fault for missing the rules. The only reason I did it was because not many people were responding to the app. I guess I need to get my name out there more. Sorry and thanks for those who gave some feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    -1 advertised in OOC, also dogshit as XO
    What did I do wrong as the XO exactly? I was active the whole round. I communicated with my SO's and the squads. I really don't see how I was anywhere close to dogshit besides yelling to retreat CIC as it was being quite literally overrun. I actually saved two other people along with myself by doing so. Nothing about leaving the ship makes me a dogshit XO.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    Wow, okay. I had no clue that advertising one's own app was in any way disallowed, but that's my fault for missing the rules. The only reason I did it was because not many people were responding to the app. I guess I need to get my name out there more. Sorry and thanks for those who gave some feedback.
    It�s not about being allowed or not, but simply advertising your name to +1 you or whatever after a round looks bad. People come to the forum to vote for whom they think is a good CO, and not just because someone asked them to vote for them in OOC after a round. Enjoy the game most of all, and keep playing XO/SO roles with the same name, in order for you to get known. Remaining neutral leaning towards -1.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna go with a -1 on this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    Thats gonna be a -1 from me Chief.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advertising your application like that is grounds for instant denial.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1. Don't advertise your applications.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing else that really needs to be said -1
    Commanding Officer Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit Marcus