User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chemical - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advertising your app is a joke

But I have seen you in game and you are a decent player. I would get some good XO/SO experience under your belt, prove you can lead the Marines and try again.
    Last edited by Griffith78; 01-24-2019 at 01:25 AM.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This app is not going to pass. My advice is to just withdraw it.

Perhaps you should get more experience to improve yourself. And maybe if that happens feel free to try again another time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    This app is not going to pass. My advice is to just withdraw it.

Perhaps you should get more experience to improve yourself. And maybe if that happens feel free to try again another time.
    It's not about improving myself, really. I'm confident I can be a good CO. The problem is I made the mistake of advertising my app. In the mean time I would be happy to delete this thread, but I don't know how exactly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    It's not about improving myself, really. I'm confident I can be a good CO. The problem is I made the mistake of advertising my app. In the mean time I would be happy to delete this thread, but I don't know how exactly.
    Just play XO/SO and provide some good command. It is unfortunate that you made the mistake of advertising your app, however, it has left a poor taste in most everyone's mouth. As such the best way to ensure your app is accepted is to put in a good amount of time as both those roles and do well, as you say you are able to. This will provide you with a good reputation which is needed to get CO.

I will be happy to give you a +1 next time around if you do that.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertisting an app is more or less a dorect denial as per the old forums guidelines.

In any case though, I disagree with your point of view on BEs and Im unclear on how you would be setting your authority as a commanding officer.

First, dont be shy of BEs. They exist for you to get right of any lrp asshole or some fucktard that is causeing trouble for you. Its an IC way to deal with OOC issues. And you new applicant need to understand that BE is agood thing and you should use it at your discretion to get rid of any shitters in your round.

Second you claim to be tolaerant ad in doing letting people do their own thing while not accepting insubordination. You�re like not really authoritarian either but not really.

Which brings some confusion to me. You have to understand that this right here is he fucking military. You are the ultimate and absolute authority in this ship. This is not a democracy. E ery order you give has to be followed precisely otherwise the whole USCM fighting machine aboard the Almayer breaks down.

I cant really agree with quite some of your answers in the app and I have yet so see something from you to prove me your capabilities being worth of the CO rank. To be a CO you meed to be tough and naturally competent, to ahow what you got and that you can bear theough when everything is against you and still suceed through your own way of things.

So for now I�m more leaning towards a -1 rather than anything. Giving you the benefit of doubt perhaps I could go with a neutral stance. But until I see something to show me that you have it in you or until I�m proven wrong I am NOT going with a +1.

Best of luck to you.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My computer has been out for a while but given you said you wanted to delete this on Jan 27th, I'll consider that a withdrawn date. Withdrawn as of Jan 27th, 2019.