User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MP hate is a scam to lower RP standards - prove me wrong

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheredGryphon View Post
    Clearly the mod who was trying to make fun of the thread with the ironic snowball argument would disagree. Because his hyperbole is reality. And I’d love to see a poll of support of people who are in favor of you perma’ing them for simply moving an MP/CMP conducting an arrest off a tile. I think you’d find you are in the vocal minority.
    Appealing to the masses isn't a good indicater about what's the best for the server.

I remember when nobody wanted to remove the OP version of the tank which basically one shot xenos across the map, and the devs fortunately ignored the large marine player base,

And reworked it to the pretty balanced point its in.

Regarding soldiers point, I agree. As it is, as a CMP I cannot alter timers of people already brigged who's crime has been confirmed, as long as its sent off by a fax to HC for record.

Honestly, I would be in support of a warden role, similar to cmp who's job is prisoner care. I already do this on occasion, promoting competent mps to do this because, realistically, its extremely difficult to handle all the prisoners, dealing with boinks, following Sop, handling appeals, setting timers and watching your mps at the same time. You're literally doing every single one at once and it's actually pretty awful.

Honestly, marine law doesn't need a huge rework, it just needs some tweaks and amendments here and there.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Appealing to the masses isn't a good indicater about what's the best for the server.

I remember when nobody wanted to remove the OP version of the tank which basically one shot xenos across the map, and the devs fortunately ignored the large marine player base...
    Straight bullshit. Many Marine Mains (including myself) were against the tank with LTB and still are. It's a piece of 3x3 cardboard shit on a rails that every CO is basing his tactics on. Shit that steals marine favour for getting good kills, shit that to balance had to buff benos, while it takes only one bald TC to fuck up entire Battalion. Shit that still should be removed.

Appeling to Kane's know who is just as bullshit as appealing to benomains, or FPS Marine Mains.

MP's need a real purpose that isn't (or isn't mainly) removing players from round for half of hour for minor shit. MP's shouldn't be here to replace, or be extention of Staff, just as normal SS13 sec isn't mainly about that.
    Use the fukken CM lore that is established in wiki atleast. Morale is low etc, make few antags spawn on the ship that MP's have to deal with. It's 100000000 times easier to respect MP who helps you, even for hardcoded FPS Marine, he will (in his Powergaming mind) respect MP's for dealing with shit that will hamper marines, just as basically any other marine who isn't soft grieffer.
    Imagine trying to "repair" normal SS13 sec on a server that has constantly extended. Everyone hates sec during those rounds. And this is basically it. MP's are SS13 sec on extended. No one ever achieved balance and acceptance for sec on eternal Extended Rounds.

We can brag about whole year, we can do whatever, each one of us can create 10 alts, nothing will change.

Hell, if you really want MP's to be Iron Fists of CM, then replace them with Sec Borgs. I would gladly main any role that allows me to be a cyborg. You can't punch it, you can't disarm it, you can't reason with, it can't break it's law and it is way cooler than some neon-haired fuckko in beret, wanting to cuck you in brig, but by being a bit subtle, he can get away with everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is "unsecured equipment" still a briggable offence?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what you mean. Standard operating procedures is to keep your weapons holstered and weapons that aren't on your person (if you are allowed to have one.) needs to be secured like in squad preps req or armory.
    Unsecured equipment you mean you drop a weapon on the floor? Technically it is a FFP yes.

But remember that there are things protecting you aswell. Such as you being nude from cryo you can't be arrested because you are neither deploying or on a active operation. Mentioned in standard. You are preparing for deployment. In medical if a armor is removed. This is the procedure outlined by the CMO, as such no issue we can warn them to secure it then if they don't or don't allow the mp to do it. Same with a corpse the procedure is to remove equipment think plasteel weapons with valuable mods. Then they need to be secured. Do you then toss them around and leave them I can step in or ignore

Edit the rules also mention aboard of the ship.
    Last edited by Nichodemius; 12-25-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs as a whole don't seem to be that bad in my experience. It's the ones that are looking for ANYTHING they can brig for that are the issue. I've had more than one round where I am peacefully RPing as CL and get randomly arrested for no real reason. My personal favorite was when I got permabrigged for trying to walk into my office while someone ran down the hall trying to resist arrest. For simply standing in my own hallway and trying to get inside my office, I was brigged for the rest of the round for aiding and abetting, all because I just so happened to be in their way. If this had been the only example I'd have passed it off as bad luck, but I've definitely seen a lot more along the same line.

Of course, I feel COs are just as much an issue, when they can just BE or order you arrested for absolutely ridiculous reasons. Again, my personal favorite being when I tried to grow xenos in containment, watched as the CO ALMOST murdered the monkey that were gestating, and then came in later to accuse me of ignoring their order and growing more when they were simply the same ones that they failed to properly shoot. Of course they wordlessly walked in and murdered me for that despite me calling over the radio that they hadn't finished the job well beforehand, and it was all fine and dandy since 'Oh hey, I run this boat.'

We have more problems than just the MPs, but I feel a lot of it is tied together with people that have a control complex.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BE is 100% illegal. The Xenos are not there to overthrow him, the other situations for BE is YOU being a threat to the ship or people. The Xenos are not YOU. So now it becomes a crime issue for example sedition could be called depending on exactly what orders where given. This can lead to a max of execution but that is not a BE so is announced in brig and last words. Time enough to contact the CMP

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemius View Post
    The BE is 100% illegal. The Xenos are not there to overthrow him, the other situations for BE is YOU being a threat to the ship or people. The Xenos are not YOU. So now it becomes a crime issue for example sedition could be called depending on exactly what orders where given. This can lead to a max of execution but that is not a BE so is announced in brig and last words. Time enough to contact the CMP
    BE is not for someone trying to overthrow CO. BE is for someone who is a direct threat to the Operation and can't really be brigged for reasons like time etc.
    And I will always support Brigging/BE'ing researchers who don't bother with paperwork, or atleast ask Command for their premission (while also informing marines that such things happen). How could you imagine in MRP environment that Researcher is allowed to silently breed aliens on the ship, the same aliens who are massacrating marines planetside? Pretty fucking ridiculous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree:

Marine law BE
    provided their words or actions fulfil one of the following conditions:
    Threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command or attempting to remove your command through illegal means. (The CL or other crew reporting you to high command does NOT permit you to BE them. A minor insult or disagreement is not undermining your command, countermanding or refusing to follow orders is.)
    => Does not apply he is not trying to undermine or remove the command and nor are the xeno's they are there to kill and grow the hive
    Threat to persons. Credibly threatening and attempting to do harm to the CO or to someone while in the CO's presence.
    => Their words or actions... their here applies to the person being BE'ed the xeno's being a threat does not magically move it over to him.
    Threat to the ship. Credibly threatening or attempting to do damage to the ship or the USCM while in the CO’s presence.
    => Same deal

So BE is 100% unlawful without a single doubt even in current Marine Law any presumed interpretation or something is just plain wrong and I am very willing if you give an example tell you why its wrong.
    Like you said BE is for SOMEONE WHO IS a direct threat, it is not he who is the threat it are the xeno's. Only if he himself states he wants to overthrow / threaten if he is trying to release them that is entirely diffirent but he has done no motion to do so. By the logic that he is "able" to release the xeno's everyone can be BE'ed because a PFC is "able" to shoot the CO with his gun. Also note it states direct threat and credibly threatening several times not just a threat this helps against other abuses.

No sorry it is 100% unlawful and should have caused him to get a big ping.
    Last edited by Nichodemius; 12-25-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading through this thread as someone who has only played this game for about a year I find it quite interesting, I have never been arrested on CM though I very easily could as sometimes Req doesn't have an item I want but another Squad's Req has it lying on the floor (It is just so tempting!)

But as I said still somewhat new and perhaps other people present or future who are also new read this thread can someone clarify the following terms: FPP, DASAO and BE for me? (I have read through the wiki and couldn't find anything on these terms, there were a lot of articles that popped up when I searched BE but lets just say it wasn't exactly what I wanted)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FFP is a crime Failure to follow procedures. A minor crime where you don't follow Standard Operating Procedure.
    Stuff like deploying naked, having weapon out on almeyer for no reason etc
    BE battlefield execution a special punishment the CO can do to extreme cases. Basically killing him on the spot.

Dasao no clue