User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: MP hate is a scam to lower RP standards - prove me wrong

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my example I showed how LRP can be defined differently depending on the person.

So low roleplay actions is always subjective.
    Where does it say removing brig medical tools for AO is LRP or wanting them to stay in brig is LRP? Again leeway.

Point out examples and I'd gladly discuss them but not in this post anymore. Santa hat isn't done by a player it is temporary and rule 0 now it being LRP is ignored done. Let's discuss actual examples but elsewhere.

Department SOP
    Medical
    The Chief Medical Officer has final say over the medbay and medical procedures on board the Almayer, except when overridden by the Commanding Officer or Executive Officer. They may authorize or prohibit experiments at their discretion,

OK technically he has to ask CMO who usually says ask CO. Technically if CMO says yes they neither need to tell or ask CO. So besides the CO CMO issue it still stands. I'll admit I was wrong about a part and will check with CMO and tell the CO. If the CMO said it was authorized fine no crime. If the CO then tells me to arrest them. I now know better explain why they didn't commit a crime but will gladly execute the experiments.

So you would kick a marine on the DS if they indeed are a desertor they run off or shoot people. RP you indeed remove them. But yeah because one RP thing is bad like Santa hats we can't enforce others?
    This is 100% or nothing mentality whether you like it or not.
    And even without Santa hats like I gave in my example there is leeway. Points of view so it will never be 100% so let's fuck RP. Remove brief MP remove req just prepick your load out start on the OA. Auto spawn supply drops etc bla bla. Because it is not 100% in a subjective area not even considering Santa hats. What is next new people 5 month training program before they can play? If you want to end up alone go make a server or just close your eyes and dream.

There is variation there is sillyness there are points of view we all make mistakes. I can admit I was wrong with CO CMO point. Can you at least admit and see.
    That your 100% or nothing attitude is bad? And That there is leeway. Or tell me exactly who is MRP and who is LRP in the brig medical example. Why and where the proof is. Ignore the existence of everything else because you saying to this question no cause Santa hats no cause training nades, no cause magic marine spawning cryo is not MRP so nothing matters is back to 100% or nothing.

I will break your unending circle or keep showing others how wrong you are even if you don't see it.

Am I perfect no ill learn and try.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brig has a medical subsection. Roleplay wise it is to treat dangerous criminals, now lets say a doc wants those to go planetside.
    If the op is going bad like total fubar all hands on deck all materials get used. But are these tools going to make a change? Perhaps a evac should be called.
    My point of vieuw as MRP is it should stay in brig. It is there for dangerous criminals. Dragging it to the front is both ineffective and why not then allow every req break in to happen or armory's to be raided? For me while it helps the front it feels like LRP demanding it vs MRP keeping it. Others (not saying its you) consider keeping it hard ass LRP and delivering it MRP because 'the warfront' but we have evacs this isnt a trench war of old. Leave the planet bomb it nuke it come back with more forces cant happen ingame (well nuke sorta) but still exsist in RP reasons.

Why doctor alone wants something planetside? What shit he has to say about it? He has no jurisdiction over anything, so he can't decide. Him suggesting that this tools should be taken planetside for planetside surgery isn't LRP. Someone had to order him to deploy and start planetside surgery, most likely someone who outranks MP. If there is no "dangerous" criminal around, then it doesn't matter that those surgical tools will be missing, since Medbay is literally a small walk away since last Almayer change.

In that particular scenario, where those tools ARE NEEDED planetside and Doctor got order to grab them, it's LRP for MP to not allow that without contacting the command if he got that order and is allowed to take them.
    Why taking surgical tools planetside is ineffective? Oh, when they collect dust in never used Brig medbay, then that is MRP and very, very, very effective, right?
    Armory is locked, because autoshotguns are considered too good for marines to have, so they are used only in emergency. Benos would cry acid tears if they would be allowed from the start. Any instance of taking them from armory without Red Alert is OOC punishable for "powergaming".
    Req exist, because of Apop/Faweh fantasy and now it is so rooted into the server, it became integral part of the server.

Again, You seem to not get it: I don't advocate for 0RP/LRP, quite the opposite, however I'm not blind and I'm not beno/MP main to not notice the obvious problem.
    Fine, you can collect trash as MP, but you can do it as MT too. You can talk with everyone and bring newbies to shooting range, but guess what: MT CAN DO IT TOO.

Time to really explain LRP and MRP in short:
    LRP is basically disregarding setting and entire character you and others are playing. It would be very LRP for CO to be 20 years old and saying, that he was CLF once. That shit doesn't fit established lore that has walls of text in Wiki. Santa Hat disregards that setting. Excessive memeing disregards that setting and character you and others are play.
    HRP would be if we would be forced to do exactly what Soldier in that situation would do. Always saluting to superiors, going exactly by the book in every situation etc.
    Acting like a soldier, not decorating entire fucking ship in Halloween fuckorations, saluting to superiors from time to time, not-excessive memeing, small jokes, a bit of leeway for players, fairly "realistic"/"belivelable" world. This is MRP. Nobody in their right mind (that immediately excludes beno and MP mains) would belive in a fucking world where CO of the batallion is 20 years old and entire fucking command of Military (USCM) decided to spend resources to replace standard helmets with Santa Fuckhats. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT DEVS PUTTING SHIT INSIDE THE SERVER! Imagine that: Devs are not gods. Admemes are not gods. Even Host isn't god. Their word isn't law and they can't break their own rules, while wanting others to obey them. They can't shit out paradoxes and ignore them. What next? For every lame shit on the server we will start to say "The Devs does move in mysterious ways. Benomen" and "Staff are their own bastard son, because they were their own absent father"?

Yeah, in MRP setting, if PFC peacefully refuses to deploy, I (as MP not bound to OOC protection) would taze him, drag his sorry as to the DS, fly down with him, wait for DS to start the engine, kick that marine in the ass and fly up without him. It's so LRP to immediately assume that if he doesn't want to deploy, he wil immediately start to shoot other marines (which he can't as it is OOC forbidden). On the way down I would have enough time to RP a bit with him, like Arch Dornan, or Full Metal Jacket Sergeant approach. That would be cool. But no, mister "I'm MP main and I will curl my tail when almighty Monkey Dev will even consider spitting at my general direction" would like to permanently brig that obviously very dangerous criminal, who just waited to shoot everyone in sight, but somehow only peacefully refused to deploy. Those marines are the worst scum, they just wait to jump at your throat. Maniacs.

Try this again: I'm not advocating for 0RP/LRP. All I'm saying that RP on the server is too low to justify MP's existance. Look at the other servers. Look at them. Look at the CLOSELY. Look at the entire crew. Then look at the antags. Then look at the Security. Then look at the round where there is no antags. Then look at the Security. Then look at the issues they are facing. Result? Either they turn into Shitcurity and bust everyone for the most miniscule things, or they just roll calmly around in the bar, drink and have a good time, but after a while it starts to be a bit boring, nothing new happens, so they either cryo, or turn into shitcurity, or alt+tab from the game.
    Now look at CM. Now look at MP's. Now imagine that every round is round without antags untill Hijack happens. Now imagine that on other servers, security is here to protect server from antags and no one bothers to chase those who violate dress code (by being naked for example) untill it's like 15 minutes of green alert already. Now imagine, that MP's serve only that purpose, they metaphorically chase naked assistants all day, because antags doesn't exist.

Again, because I feel I have to remind it from time to time: I'm not against just the thought that MP's exist. I'm against their existance without purpose. Their purpose shouldn't be mainly enforcing RP standard. Imagine how much would change if MP's would actually have a job to protect main LZ FoB. They would think twice before arresting that medic, or engineer for throwing training nade into brieffing.

Yes, I have "100%, or nothing" mentality, because otherwise there will be always some asshole who will bend the rules like fucking Bender "Bending" Rodriguez. Either it's MRP server, or it's LRP server. If someone is admeme/devmeme/staffmeme and if he can't came out with anything creative that doesn't involve shitty LRP "silly" shenanigans, maybe he shouldn't complain when marines also can't came up with anything good. If someone is MP and he really tries to go by the book like literall cyborg with lawset, then maybe he should remove that broom from his butt. Ain't that Right?
    Last edited by CABAL; 12-28-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the last time I'm going to try explaining it.

MRP cannot be defined so everyone knows exactly what it is. There are always area's where one person thinks something is MRP and another thinks it is LRP.

Examples we keep talking about:
    - A MP dragging a marine down on a DS kicking him off feels like LRP to me. A MP arresting said marine then his SL takeing him over booting his ass to the dirt.
    That stuff I dont consider LRP.
    - My brig medical tools example another point where people will be divided on what is LRP and MRP.

Why is this? People react weird in situations not everyone reacts the same so a clear definition of MRP cannot exsist because there are chucklefucks IN REAL LIFE.
    This is why I don't believe all chuckles should be banned. Do a chuckle in a round from time to time. Just don't fuck the round too much and don't do it over and over and over and to the same person again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Time to really explain LRP and MRP in short:...
    Yeah, in MRP setting, if PFC peacefully refuses to deploy,...
    Sorry no there is no singular this is MRP definition there are points of vieuw. Also even if there is one lets ignore all the above.
    Will you force new players 5 months MRP training? Don't play till you learned everything about our lore and MRP?

These two result in there can be no 100%. Period.

Yes, I have "100%, or nothing" mentality, because otherwise there will be always some asshole who will bend the rules...
    I'll get to the because first. Perhaps they are new and not skilled enough for full MRP? They don't know everything lore wise yet. Lets kick em off till they learn.
    How about me seeing MRP diffirently from you am I bending the rule or do I hold another vieuw. And you mention bend the rules you mean bend MRP line?

If there is a rule like actual server rule thats being bend. It needs to be re written. This is something else entirely and staff will do its job in the re write trust in them.
    A perfect rule is hard to write look at TCG games. RAW, RAI, the many rules, addendums the way things are written on cards, the way they use code words with entire meanings after them. And still there are loopholes. And I was a level 2 judge for cryptozoic back when they had WoW TCG lisence, trust me I know the mojo. These things take time.

Yes, I have "100%, or nothing" mentality,...
    Again, You seem to not get it: I don't advocate for 0RP/LRP, quite the opposite, ...
    Because like I am trying to explain there is no 100% possible ever. A 100% or nothing attitude means its nothing because the other option is not valid. You alone can do 100% in your standards. No one else CAN. The mentioned diffrences between points of vieuw playing up here again.

And it is that that causes:
    All I'm saying that RP on the server is too low to justify MP's existance.
    Your 100% or nothing and the impossibility of haveing 100% causes you to be unable to justify MP (and other things)

The impossibility of haveing 100% MRP because of new people and points of vieuw is something no one can change if you wish to change this or us to do it? Good luck just stop it your being silly if not mad everyone knows this. I hope you know this too.

I am pushing against you not because I hate you but because you care about the server. Why else post, why else take all the flak you take. I push against you because I know you care and I want you to notice your 100% of nothing attitude causes some of the issues. I want you to learn and improve as I do and as others do. You improve on other fields I am sure. But this point you are wrong and I'm trying to make you see why.

Aswell as show all the readers what the issues are with MP, RP, the stigma and the real chuckles, the lack and sometimes over enforcements ooc. All of these things group and mix into the shit we all see. Take a piece fix it. Are other pieces still wrong. So be it fix it next. If something in life isn't good you don't give up on everything. Fix what you can when you can. Progress will be made and things will improve. So stop this 100% or nothing mix all RP MP attitude and work with us.

You are clever you know allot seen allot I learned from you and these discussion but this roadblock needs to be cleared for everyone's sake!
    If it doesn't work now. Well best of luck. I tried to fix but now i'll move on to other things I can fix.
    Last edited by Nichodemius; 12-28-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is difference. You might consider something LRP, but is it belivelable that shit like that would happen in current setting? If it isn't, it's surerly LRP. Here is the another definition. And I think it is belivelable that instead of mindlessly brigging marine for peacefully refusing to deploy, you kick his ass to the planet.

You won't fix sink with duct tape, when entire fucking main water pipe is broken and shit comes out. That pipe is LRP enforcement and that shit is hate caused by MP's having no purpose to exist.

100%, or 0% is possible. Anything inbetween is mostly hypocritical. Oh, we aim for MRP, but we introduce mostly LRP shenanigans.

No, I don't advocate for studying Lore and shit like that (I myself don't know this stupid, pretty obvious shit). All that needs to be known: Setting is a Futuristic Military Ship in space on a real operation with real danger. That alone is enough for anyone with atleast half of brain to recognise what is belivelable in the setting and what is pure crap.

New people shouldn't be even considered here, to be honest. Every HRP server should be closed, because "muh new players" might not know everything. They will learn, but if Staff of a HRP server isn't HRP, if security/MP of the server isn't HRP, then nobody will and endless streams of tears won't solve anything.

Give MP's purpose. MP's currently are broken. RP enforcement is a joke. Fix those three small things and you will achieve what you want. Less hate for MP's. I'm giving solution on a plate, is it right to throw it back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think MPs are one of the least broken things on the server, to be honest. I rarely see them do the things people claim they constantly do. I rarely see them break procedure (egregiously) and even more rarely see wanton violence. Exactly once on that latter count. I checked today - I have nearly 75 rounds as MP and more than a dozen as CMP. i don't see the pervasiveness of what is being claimed. MP gets timelocked to 9 hours because staff think MPs are the problem. They aren't.

I'll tell you what the problem is and this may be an unpopular opinion, but it feeds into what MPs deal with. Do me a favor. Next time the admins delay a roundend due to ahelp cleanup, or delay a round to start an event, watch dchat and OOC. Watch the salt pile up. OOC: RESTART THE FUCKING SERVER... DEAD: WHAT THE FUCK ADMINS JUST RESTART WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DELAYING ... OOC: I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID EVENT WHAT THE FUCK JUST START THE ROUND

To be honest, the problem is that we have a playerbase that is out of control, OOCly and ICly. I've played on several servers and have not seen the bile that is spewed here on a regular basis. Things that would get you permabanned elsewhere, immediately. I get that we have 200+ players on highpop, you can't moderate all of the bullshit. But staff should be muting OOC when it gets bad, muting dchat, issuing warnings, tossing bans at egregious first time offenders more than they already are. When an OOC attitude is tacitly condoned by not being cracked down upon, that spills into IC. Most importantly, that underlines the need for MPs to be backed up by staff when they try to control the chucklefucking. The OOC attitude ends up spilling into briefing. The notion that they can be shitters and ignore server rules ICly just as they ignore them OOCly. Then MPs deal with the equivocation with the briefing chucklefucking with procedure lapses. They are not the same thing. When a brigged player ahelps procedure the kneejerk response by staff should be to investigate why the player was arrested before investigating the procedure. And if the player broke server rules, they get warned or banned and the ticket gets closed. Stop the equivocation. You shouldn't be pinging for procedure when Delta is swarming the brig because chucklefuck. You really shouldn't.

And while you're at it, tell the OOC chucklefucks of this server to knock it off or they will get banned.
    Last edited by alexpkeaton; 12-29-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be all for removing MPs completely and getting banned lmao

The rp level would go up and numbers of le funny memers down thus raising fps

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    I'd be all for removing MPs completely and getting banned lmao

The rp level would go up and numbers of le funny memers down thus raising fps
    The Truth benomains deny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd argue the real harsh reality in regards to removing MPs is that it will lead us to one of two extremes in terms of the server's overall feel, direction, and attitude:

1. Option One. The server drops all pretense of MRP and it becomes purely LRP. Finding the 'marinemeta' or 'xenometa' and maximizing efficiency becomes the open, celebrated norm. The population will likely increase heavily as a result, due to the standards of behavior being far lower. Due to this overload and the general culture of the server being more 'LRP', staff will likely take the route of applying permanent bans to the majority of players who cause trouble to combat the heavy flow of players and to effectively determine the REAL punishment on the forums during the appeal process. This strategy is very similar to how Paradise handles their player base for the same reasons I've stated above. It's probably not something the majority of players will want, as there's likely to be longer and longer response times for each appeal due to the nature of how many players are likely to be banned in a day. The alternative route staff could take to deal with the influx of shitters is just lower the standards of the rules in general, which is equally unappealing in my eyes.

2. Option Two. RP standards are now in the hands of staff and rather than spending 15 minutes in the brig, you'll be serving a 48 hour ban for round start shenanigans. Typically, a mod/admin can save you from a bad MP, but a mod/admin will not save you from other mods/admins. This will likely cause a decline in players since, as time goes on, these roleplay standards will become more concrete as headmins dictate to admins what is 'okay behavior and roleplay' and they dictate it down to mods. Eventually, you will see a very easily recognizable pattern of what is considered 'safe thinking' and will probably cause most players to pick from a medium-sized basket of personalities and behaviors and stick to it, or else. Also something I wouldn't prefer, as it makes the rounds far too 'cookie-cutter' in my opinion.

tl;dr if you remove MPs, you'd better be prepared to live in an LRP hellscape or an HRP dystopia. There will not be an in between.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpkeaton View Post
    I think MPs are one of the least broken things on the server, to be honest. I rarely see them do the things people claim they constantly do. I rarely see them break procedure (egregiously) and even more rarely see wanton violence. Exactly once on that latter count. I checked today - I have nearly 75 rounds as MP and more than a dozen as CMP. i don't see the pervasiveness of what is being claimed. MP gets timelocked to 9 hours because staff think MPs are the problem. They aren't.

I'll tell you what the problem is and this may be an unpopular opinion, but it feeds into what MPs deal with. Do me a favor. Next time the admins delay a roundend due to ahelp cleanup, or delay a round to start an event, watch dchat and OOC. Watch the salt pile up. OOC: RESTART THE FUCKING SERVER... DEAD: WHAT THE FUCK ADMINS JUST RESTART WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DELAYING ... OOC: I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID EVENT WHAT THE FUCK JUST START THE ROUND

To be honest, the problem is that we have a playerbase that is out of control, OOCly and ICly. I've played on several servers and have not seen the bile that is spewed here on a regular basis. Things that would get you permabanned elsewhere, immediately. I get that we have 200+ players on highpop, you can't moderate all of the bullshit. But staff should be muting OOC when it gets bad, muting dchat, issuing warnings, tossing bans at egregious first time offenders more than they already are. When an OOC attitude is tacitly condoned by not being cracked down upon, that spills into IC. Most importantly, that underlines the need for MPs to be backed up by staff when they try to control the chucklefucking. The OOC attitude ends up spilling into briefing. The notion that they can be shitters and ignore server rules ICly just as they ignore them OOCly. Then MPs deal with the equivocation with the briefing chucklefucking with procedure lapses. They are not the same thing. When a brigged player ahelps procedure the kneejerk response by staff should be to investigate why the player was arrested before investigating the procedure. And if the player broke server rules, they get warned or banned and the ticket gets closed. Stop the equivocation. You shouldn't be pinging for procedure when Delta is swarming the brig because chucklefuck. You really shouldn't.

And while you're at it, tell the OOC chucklefucks of this server to knock it off or they will get banned.
    100% agree, this community is absolutely fucking awful
    Magdalene Meinhof el marino
    FF-XXX-V1 el xenomorpho
    Zin'Keh el predatorro

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    SNIP
    tl;dr if you remove MPs, you'd better be prepared to live in an LRP hellscape or an HRP dystopia. There will not be an in between.
    > Implying that MP's are the only defence against 2nd flow of Ssethtide.
    > Implying that Mp's are the only obstacle against HRP server goal.

MP's have literally no purpose. Imagine standard round of CM that could happen yesterday, today, or tomorrow. Infamous delta squad marine starts to do some minor shit, like disarming charlie squad marine in brieffing. MP goes in and tries to arrest unga deltard. Deltard resists, disarming MP, other MP comes and tazes him. 15 minutes in brig for that marine.

Now imagine the same round, but MP's doesn't exist. Marine disarms other marine, they might have disarm match, charlie might not enjoy this and escapes to his squad, his homies help him and disarm deltard in return.
    OH NO! RP DESTROYED! (despite the fact that in both situations, nothing really happens).

Marine shoots in brieffing, clearly not for accident. Marine is asleeped. Marine is banned. MP's taze his ass and drag his asleeped body to brig.

Marine shoots in brieffing, clearly not for accident. MP's doesn't exist. Marine is asleeped. Marine is banned and removed.
    OH NO! RP DESTROYED! (despite the fact that in both situations it has to be ignored as overall it is grieffing accident not caused by anyone who cares about the server)

Marine fights in RO line. RO closes the line. MP's arrest marine.

Marine fights in RO line. Ro closes the line. Other marines want attachements, so they disarm spam both fighters, moving one at the end of the line.
    OH NO! RP DESTROYED! OH NO! HRP ENFORCED!

Server dropped "MRP" pretense long ago. 'marinemeta' is open, but has to be a bit subtle. 'xenometa' is clear as a morning sky. You evolved into Rav, but you didn't picked Hedgehog?:

(true logs from a server hivemind)
    "[00:59:08]HIVEMIND: XXXX/(Young Ravager (GA-653-M3)) : RAV GANG RAV GANG RAV GANG RAV GANG RAV GANG RAV GANG gamers
    [00:59:16]HIVEMIND: Adralimas/(Young Ravager (JO-631-E)) : Rav gang!
    [01:00:17]HIVEMIND: Adralimas/(Young Ravager (JO-631-E)) : Ravgang?
    [01:00:30]HIVEMIND: XXXX/(Young Ravager (GA-653-M3)) : Rav gang
    [01:00:40]HIVEMIND: XXXX/(Young Ravager (GA-653-M3)) : All of us are bone sharders
    [01:00:41]HIVEMIND: Adralimas/(Young Ravager (JO-631-E)) : Already done queenie!
    [01:00:51]HIVEMIND: Adralimas/(Young Ravager (JO-631-E)) : I think one is a veteran.
    [01:00:54]HIVEMIND: XXXX/(Young Ravager (GA-653-M3)) : One veteren rav
    [01:01:03]HIVEMIND: XXXX/(Young Ravager (GA-653-M3)) : But we have Hedgehog gang
    [01:01:19]HIVEMIND: XXXX/(Young Ravager (XD-721)) : One dumb veteran rav hah"

Oh, yeah, MP's are the Palladins of the server. Ask admemes to do experiment for few days. Remove MP's and punish OOC only for what you would punish if MP's existed. Don't punish for anything that they could be arrested without OOC punishment.
    I bet my Marinemain status, that NOTHING would change. 0, null, void, nothingness, empty... Why I am so sure? Already nothing happens when during lowpop there is not even single MP on the server.

Edit: Do you really think, that just because MP's exist, or the server supposedly "aims for MRP" it stops some SS13 players from playing CM? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CABAL; 12-29-2019 at 04:36 PM.