User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: MP hate is a scam to lower RP standards - prove me wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to throw this out there just in case anyone doesn't know: Xenos are incapable of escaping containment cells without outside assistance. As long as no one pushes that button, they are simply free defcon that is as good as neutered. Killed containment xenos is only a detriment to the marine side. Even IF xenos hijack and make it up to the almayer, chances of rescue are slim to none, as a crusher is required, and needs a VERY particular line to charge down.

Killing containment xenos is only removing RP for the researchers, CMO, and CL, and on top of this it is the only chance they have to fight back or escape. Please stop this, it makes rounds a lot less entertaining, and the only danger the breeding involves is when you open those doors to try and kill them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varnock View Post
    snip
    Yeah there's no good reason whatsoever to kill contained xenos. It's just griefing.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Yeah there's no good reason whatsoever to kill contained xenos. It's just griefing.
    There is no single OOC reason to do it. I can find couple of IC reasons however.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    There is no single OOC reason to do it. I can find couple of IC reasons however.
    OOC reason is to pad your kill count now we have records of it.

Dunga me kill trapped xenos very robust, see KD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly.

Its a security risk, putting a parasitic species inside a prey nest is just tempting fate.

Just because its mechanically secure doesn't mean its secure. As anyone with an inkling of security knowledge knows, this biggest weakness in any security network are are the people themselves.

Researchers and CLs have a history of being shady cunts and even without MP intervention usually somehow let them out.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, so i was playing a round and a certain CMP and his band of not-so merry MPs were mannin the checkpoint shutters basically slowing everything down to a halt, the CMP then arrested people who crossed the checkpoint for NOD.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    ok, so i was playing a round and a certain CMP and his band of not-so merry MPs were mannin the checkpoint shutters basically slowing everything down to a halt, the CMP then arrested people who crossed the checkpoint for NOD.
    My wager is that this is an order from the CO forcing the hand of the MPs. I was a CMP a few weeks back and that happened. It was as if the CO was inviting a mutiny because that's just dickish behavior. Now we did not make NOD arrests when I was CMP as that order did not come down, we only manned the shutters and asked marines to stay in the briefing area pre-briefing and away from it after briefing. If the CO determines that NOD applies for crossing the checkpoint, in my opinion the CMP has to follow that directive or fax HC for clarification.
    The MPs however can use their discretion about how quickly to make those arrests. Ideally the marine is spoken with, if that doesn't work they can be warned and only after those are ignored should an arrest happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the CMP role, what i like to do is ignore a lot of crimes, ask any MP's who and why they were arrested, help shipside roles and try and vibe with the marines. The best thing to do this is appear on the dropship prior to first drop and grab as many points as possible. It seems to endear me to shipside and marine crews.
    Cayden 'Prisoner' Mary - CMP Main, long time player, all time hater and enjoyer of MP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpkeaton View Post
    I was a CMP a few weeks back and that happened. It was as if the CO was inviting a mutiny because that's just dickish behavior.
    Honestly every time I hear the excuse "B-B-B-BUT THE CO TOLD ME TO DO IT" I can't help but get annoyed. It's no secret that a fair number of COs are power tripping dickheads who'd demand that MPs slap a marine with charges for subterfuge, NoD, and disrespecting an officer if they refused to comply with some bullshit nobody cares about like an order to throw an empty box of shells in the trash. CMPs should AND be expected to use their better judgement when it comes to making a decision on whether an arrest is even warranted.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome necro
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang