Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MP hate is a scam to lower RP standards - prove me wrong

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rals View Post
    Cabal, you were arrested for 20 minutes. 10 of which were for resisting arrest.

Interfering with an arrest is an OOC issue already and you can, in theory, ahelp everyone, who is doing that.
    This does not matter. What matter is that I got FPP on top of lawfull charges and this FPP was taken out of MP ass who reads SoP waaaaaaay too deeply. Each word has to be bent to allow additional charges, because how could this marine only get 15 minutes? OUTRAGE!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does matter, though. From your words it sounded like you were brigged for 30+ minutes ( "Ages" ). And you said, that you were additionally charged with theft, which is wrong.

In this case, you could be additionally charged trespass, if MP really wanted to screw you over. Even theft would be arguable appliable, since you went in other squad REQ to steal something. And it would end up in 35 minutes, instead of 20. You could even wait for MP (Who could be more leninet than CMP) instead of taking off armor and running off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does matter, though. From your words it sounded like you were brigged for 30+ minutes ( "Ages" ). And you said, that you were additionally charged with theft, which is wrong.

In this case, you could be additionally charged trespass, if MP really wanted to screw you over. Even theft would be arguable appliable, since you went in other squad REQ to steal something. And it would end up in 35 minutes, instead of 20. You could even wait for MP (Who could be more leninet than CMP) instead of taking off armor and running off.
    Arguing with Cabal is pointless, he will omit things, ignore your arguments and move goalposts constantly. I wouldn't waste time if I were you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charges cannot stack save DASO and Resisting. But theft and resisting would net you 20 easily.

That said, I often list all the crimes committed and just charge the most severe. I try to make mention of the charges ignored but if I forget it might seem like charge stacking when it isn't.

It's just more fun to give the laundry list so Johnny can tell them about their prize package.

Thanks, Jack. Well, Dave, pack your bags because you've just won an all-expenses paid trip to the Permabrig Resort! We'll pay for roundtrip travel, spacious accomodations, three square meals, actually rectangular... and you'll have your very own concierge! That's right, Dave, the USCM Military Police Corps is known throughout the sector for its high-class affairs. You'll enjoy top of the line service with a smile!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good example of why MPs are obnoxious. “Well I could aways effectively remove you from the round.”

MPs serve little purpose to anyone other than shipside staff, and most shipside staff don’t like MPs anyway. They have no benign purpose for marines. They’re a tool for command’s bidding and that’s it.

It does serve a purpose in fulfilling people who enjoy a good power-trip by giving them complete leverage over everyone else. I draw the line when you’re “Med-RP” experience is an active detriment to everyone else’s. I would much prefer OOC involvement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stacking is possible for all charges, for some degree. If person commits two or more crimes at the same time (e.g DASO, theft) you can use non-minimum punishment (20 minutes, instead of 15). However, if person commits assault, DASO, insub, trespass and damage to goverment property, you can give thrity minutes at maximum (Since it is maximum for one charge). If tsacking would be a thing, you would be able to give marine 40 or more minutes.

I lately see a lot of "I would prefer OOC involment" too. And, to be honest, I am curious to see, how would it go.
    Last edited by Rals; 12-16-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpkeaton View Post
    Thanos Snap

Holy hell, i waited for the day this type of post would come.

Now i can explain why Marine law is a god damn hassle to deal with.

1º) Marine law itself: Most of the Players that end up on brig before briefing are almost all the times the same players, from my observation, they thing they are "thugs" or "gangstas" because if they break the marine law, their whole squad would back them up, it's the reason why i belive that Raids to brig to release one PFC from a charge of 15 minutes should be OOC bannable.

Second point, some players bait, A LOT, the arrests. On a day i was CMP for three rounds in a row, and for three rounds in a row, the player broke in brig to "check out the place". at the third time i arrested him, i was annoyed. Most of the times, the arrest could have been avoided if the players decides to stay true to objective, which is kill xenos.

Third point: HOLY hell, Marine law. At my point of view, everyone should be aware of the arrest procedures, even if not playing MP. How many times i recieved a ahelp like this: "I have been arrested 4raisin." and when i check the logs and talk with the arresting MP, all protocols were followed.

TL:DR, Players need to understand that Marine law is to be followed, if you break it, you'll be arrested and if you're on a bad day, a Nazi type of MP will make your life miserable. Understand that Marine law punishments are a GUIDELINE, MPs are not required to apply always a maximum or minimum punishment.

I am the type of CMP when possible, i run NJP and ask my MPs to do the same and i give a lot of freedom regarding to SOP unless the captain orders to follow at it's fullest. I cut a lot of slack for marines, but i go full nazi CMP if the situation deems necessary.

as the Moderator handles a lot of Marine Law ahelps and answer USCM faxes, i can say, the only reason why MPs get bad reputation is because PFCs want to meme like they would do in school or do extremely LRP stuff like rage cages, stabbing each other and steal each other's weapons to hide, which are extremely childish, but when they get arrested and ahelp about it, they forget one thing. They are a part of a Military Force, they are marines, they should have discipline, they should obey the marine law and the MPs because of the higher rank, and if they get arrested, they should take their charge like the big boys they are, saddly they still refuse to acknowledge their mistakes.

I indeed agree with your post, MPs are scapegoat to ditch MRP, because if MRP was fully enforced, a lot of arrests simple wouldn't happen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheredGryphon View Post
    It does serve a purpose in fulfilling people who enjoy a good power-trip by giving them complete leverage over everyone else. I draw the line when you’re “Med-RP” experience is an active detriment to everyone else’s. I would much prefer OOC involvement.
    Now i answer you why this WILL NOT EVER work.

we moderators have a procedure. Warning>3hour ban> 1 day ban> 3 day>7 day> Perma

OOC involvement would allow us to ban players over shit reason which should be handled IC by MPs. I would rather remove you from Marine gameplay but allow you take over xeno, than having to ban you. Remember the ban scale, If you do the same thing 3 times and we have to OOCly interfere with that, you'll not be removed from ONE round, you'll be removed from the server for 3 days. OOC involvement would NOT work at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Now i answer you why this WILL NOT EVER work.

we moderators have a procedure. Warning>3hour ban> 1 day ban> 3 day>7 day> Perma

OOC involvement would allow us to ban players over shit reason which should be handled IC by MPs. I would rather remove you from Marine gameplay but allow you take over xeno, than having to ban you. Remember the ban scale, If you do the same thing 3 times and we have to OOCly interfere with that, you'll not be removed from ONE round, you'll be removed from the server for 3 days. OOC involvement would NOT work at all.
    Because editing procedure is just way too hard. If people are dicking around LRP in other servers they get warned and then banned. I don’t see what you’re trying to convince me of other than you are incapable of adapting policy changes.
    Last edited by WitheredGryphon; 12-16-2019 at 06:52 PM. Reason: words

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Thanos Snap
    As a Former admin from a old HRP server i can confirm your statement. HRP demans RP, which players currently don't do or do on a lackluster fashion.