User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MP hate is a scam to lower RP standards - prove me wrong

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheredGryphon View Post
    Because editing procedure is just way too hard. If people are dicking around LRP in other servers they get warned and then banned. I don’t see what you’re trying to convince me of other than you are incapable of adapting policy changes.
    That's not up to us. It's up to management to do that. I rather edit the marine law and handle this LRP ICly than actually issue bans.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    That's not up to us. It's up to management to do that. I rather edit the marine law and handle this LRP ICly than actually issue bans.
    Right. It’s your preference that it shouldn’t happen. Not that it can’t happen or “will never work.” Pulling your status as a mod to try to justify that OOC enforcement will never happen seems pretty biased if only management can affect that decision, but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by WitheredGryphon; 12-16-2019 at 07:12 PM. Reason: more words

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reasons I hate mps is that they are mostly lazy and mostly vindictive.

Several examples:

The first was as a synthetic unit, where I passed out top hats. The MPs immediately began powertripping arresting anyone on sight wearing a hat. This nearly lead to a riot and munity as most of deltas special units were arrested. After the CO showed up he ordered them to stop before a munity took place and to release anyone who was arrested for top hat crimes. The delta sg, upon being released, put their hat back on and was immediately re arrested as "you were pardoned for the previous crime. This is a new one". Cue another near riot. When the CO intervened again, the player then whitelist reported the captain. I was also threatened with arrest for passing them out. They could have been cool at any point and flat out refused to.

The second was after I got in a fight(doc) with a bald CMO who attempted to inject me with a poison to kill me after we got in a fistfight over a sandwich. I disarmed him and injected him with his own recipe and he died. Not anticipating it killing him I then started saving his life before I was mobbed by mps. I was charged with murder and permabrigged. The star witness was... the cmo. I filed multiple appeals as by definition it could not be murder as the CMO wasnt dead, and at most it could be attempted murder, in self defense. The MPs did 0 investigation, and spent the rest of the round ~30mins burning fake sheets of paper in front of the cell claiming it was my appeal.

A pfc and myself a medic were refused meds because I accidently flipped a table over (and fixed it) and he didnt have a flask. Upon demanding medicine the cmo called the mps and claimed we threatened to kill him and were trespassing. We both got 15mins brig time, with no investigation. That story had a happy ending though, because when we got out, we donned masks, stripped our IDs and stabbed the CMO prison style about 7 times each. He died, we escaped, and in true MP fashion they arrested someone else.

In one round I as a delta medic took a shotgun stock from the floor of Charlie briefing. I didnt even break the window I used an open door. I was charged with theft of property, trespassing, and FFP because I asked the MP if he was serious about laying on the ground. Got something like 25mins brig time. Was one of the only medics and most of the squad died without medics. One of the only times Ive been tempted to kill an MP.

In a nutshell. You are found guilty for nothing or anything, and the appeal/investigation process is garbage so most mps dont; which is literally their job. No ship has ever been more orderly because of them. And they arent even good at supressing munities.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 12-16-2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added the dumbass shotgun story which I forgot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen MPs openly bragging on discord that they always append resisting arrest to charges because it's impossible to disprove that someone ran away.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troika View Post
    I have seen MPs openly bragging on discord that they always append resisting arrest to charges because it's impossible to disprove that someone ran away.
    This is what bothers me. They have literally fucking NOTHING else do to but investigate crimes.

Rare/if ever has someone been released because there is "lack of evidence".

Constantly are people given more time because of nonsense subjective interpretations of shitty MP law.

FFP is the number one lamest law right now because it applies to anything. I saw an MP threaten a doctor with arrest once for FFP as there are no smoking signs in medical and he was smoking.

Find them something to do!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    This is what bothers me. They have literally fucking NOTHING else do to but investigate crimes.

Rare/if ever has someone been released because there is "lack of evidence".

Constantly are people given more time because of nonsense subjective interpretations of shitty MP law.

FFP is the number one lamest law right now because it applies to anything. I saw an MP threaten a doctor with arrest once for FFP as there are no smoking signs in medical and he was smoking.

Find them something to do!
    Nonsense subjective interpretations based off nonsense marine laws. I mean who doesn’t love vague nonsense like:

Assault with a Deadly Weapon: To threaten or use physical force against someone with ill intent and with a lethal weapon such as a sidearm, blade, or rifle.
    This description isn’t even an actual law in reality. This is some frankenstein-level amalgamation of statutory law, and the person who wrote it had no idea why it was originally written how it was.

Assault with a Deadly Weapon in effectively every jurisdiction (or its equivalent) requires multiple factors, including intent to kill or having caused serious injury with a deadly weapon.

What qualifies as Assault with a Deadly weapon according to Marine Law?

PVT Jones, I’m going to shoot you if you keep it up.
    Yeah. That’s it. Just saying that and doing nothing else. In typical law you require a direct action like aiming the gun at them, threatening, but not necessarily pulling the trigger.

This is why Marine Law is an abomination that needs to be abolished. Whoever originally wrote it has zero experience in interpreting law.
    Last edited by WitheredGryphon; 12-16-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: words

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, my experience with MPs.

i'm role banned from CMP and MP thank god.

>plays doctor
    >MP's tase one of the other doctors,
    >i go and chase them around saying "Oi!"
    >circle around and end up back in the medbay
    >because of how lousy the MPs are i say "i'm not giving you medical treatment"
    >mp.exe "Is that a threat?"
    >me "well yes, because you tased a doctor"
    >mp.jpg "get on the ground your underarrest"
    >arrive at brig, gets harmbatonned by an MP and beaten then put in perma for around 20-30 minutes.
    >bwoink that
    >CMP fires that MP

i've been brigged many times but like, MP mains just fix urselfs pls
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's almost like PFC shitters embellish or just lie about every interaction they have with MPs and everyone just takes them at their word

imagine being an MP and having every screeching marine you arrest ahelp you but nothing ever comes of it because you've done everything by the book and they just hate not being able to break windows and steal out of req without consequence

at least it keeps things entertaining

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I merely scanned the topic so I'll only reply to this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Herr-San View Post
    Equally so, admins should be more vigorous in ascertaining which MP's are being abrasive and intentionally hostile, and then job ban them. I've had MP's fail to notice I was being undressed as an XO in briefing, and I mean fully, they stole ALL my clothes. Yet at another time an MP tazed and dragged off a marine for feeding me a pretzel.
    We are very, very strict with MP players, I think they catch the quickest jobban of all jobs (at least, from me).
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you ever wondered why people like antoni always get arrested by different MPs on different rounds
    there's a single constant here