Byond ID?
    GopnikChan

CM Character?
    Alex Kohler

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    US Central

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Hate to admit it but I've moderated some ROBLOX games/groups before.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Paradise station occasionally.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would ping the person informing them that start of round shenanigans is griefing and then I'll check for a history of breaking rules. If there is a history present, he'll be given a short ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would understand the circumstances then ping the predator and get both sides. After that I'd act accordingly.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would ask them if they're new then ping them and direct them to the wiki, then I'd tell them to talk to a SEA or mentor if they have any questions.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'm thick skin but I'll warn them that being a dick is against the rules. If it's legitimate, I'll direct them to an admin+.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I consider John Doe to be pop culture, so I'll inform them that they should change their name, although it's not a huge deal.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an IC problem that MP and the department head should handle.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    As long as the survivors aren't turncoating and are consistent, they can be hostile

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd get both sides of the story, and assuming it's for trespassing I'll tell the MP that he can't go past the max sentence and that illegal confinement is breaking marine law, which MP can't do. If he continues or has a history of this abuse, he will be job banned.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    If the marines are combatants, this is a case where the marines should act first. I'd subtle message the CO to get a move on because the round shouldn't last a year.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd ping the medic and ask him what he's doing. If he is plain ignorant I'll warn him and point him to the guide, otherwise he'll receive a short ban for griefing.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Marines and CLF are hostile to each other so it's completely fine.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'll ping him and tell him that start of round shenanigans are against the rules. If he continues or has a history of breaking rules, he'll receive a short ban.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This is escalating the situation. You aren't allowed to go from a fist fight to a gun fight, so the person will be warned and informed of the rule. If they continue or have a history of this kind of thing, they'll be banned.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'll MOOC that a mutiny is not authorized, and that anyone who continues will be punished.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'll ping the person and tell them that being a dick is against the rules. If they continue, they will receive a temporary ban.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    The person will receive a longer ban (probably around 48h) for grief and logging out to avoid a ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'll ping the person and tell them that it's failure to RP as a larva would never rush to their own death. If they have a history of this sort of thing or continue, they will receive a short ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'll ping the person and tell them that it's failure to RP and that they can be ruining someone else's RP experience. If they continue on they will receive a punishment.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    This is a minor thing which can't ruin the RP of someone else.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    If I remember correctly, marines are now aware of xenos at the beginning of the round. They just don't know that they can pilot the drop ship. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is a pretty good RP reason as I could see someone doing this assuming it's an emergency. It should be considered an IC issue as it supports good RP.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'm pretty thin skinned so I'll let it slide as long as they aren't spamming LOOC.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    This is fair game. It's his problem if he's SSD that long. Really, it's not worth using admin powers over.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'll talk to them about it and remind them of the rules. If they ignore it, I'll bring in a higher staff member.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If it's two staff members of equal authority, it's time to bring in a higher ranking staff member to resolve the argument.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    CMSS13 means a lot to me as it's pretty much the only game I play these days, besides the occasional paradise station or horror game. It's important to me that the server is held to high standards so it can be enjoyed by everyone the same way I enjoy it.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes and problem solve.

Anything else you
    Nope.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Chan thanks for applying I'm gonna go over some of ya answers quickly

2.Kinda correct but if the pred has broken a whitelist rule and not a server rule it's up to the whitelist council to handle it so ya would have to tell the ahelper to file a player report but getting evidence does help out the whitelist council with their decision.

4.Players don't get to pick and choose who handles their ahelp if they feel we've not handled it probably then they can staff report

10.Big no no here we don't deal with cases that we're involved in here ya would have to ahelp like a player would and let another staff member handle it.

15.Minor IC racism is allowed on this server but we do step in if it starts getting outta hand.

16.Player would get a straight 7 day ban and perma request on this one textbook griefing case.

Going off last month's playtime ya fall short on the monthly time required for modding that coupled with some below par answers I'm gonna have to say no to this don't be dishearten though get some more playtime in take a gander at the accepted apps and study the rules page and ya bound to get a shot but for now -1
    Last edited by Big Cheeks; 12-17-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Cheeks,
    I apologize for my inactivity. It has been hard to get some play time in last month since I had a lot of wrestling events. I'm glad that you see some potential in my application, but I have no idea where I'm supposed to find some of this info. For example, how am I supposed to know that someone would get a straight 7 day ban? Do you think I would have better chances if I became a mentor first?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be a no from me.

In addition to what Big Cheeks said, I will also tell you some other answers that you got wrong.

"A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?"

No. They can't. That is blatantly against the rules.

Survivors: Survivors have more leeway than marines with their mental stability due to the trauma they may have experienced during the xenomorph attack. They may be suffering PTSD, paranoia or similar conditions for roleplaying purposes. Survivors may NOT be hostile at all during the course of the round. Survivors may know the basics of xenos from observation.

"You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die."

You forget that this can be also considered as griefing, done especially to lower the xenoes numbers and put them at a disadvantage. Apply your punishments accordingly.

If you want to be a mod, you have to stay up to date with the rule changes and changelog. You are also expected to have an understanding of how the SS13:CM administrative structure works. This application has highlighted your failure at doing so. Also, a moderator is expected to do quite a lot of forums work. Judging from your 3 forum posts, I don't see that happening with you. Be more active on the forums.

P.S. Being a mentor isn't guaranteed to help you become a mod. As what mentors do and what moderators do are very different. Also, Big Cheeks were just trying to correct your mistakes and tell you what's right. It's fine to not know the ban times.
    Last edited by Novacti; 12-17-2019 at 08:22 AM. Reason: P.S
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your input. I will take this into account from now on. Am I allowed to work on this then apply again next month?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 from me. If you want to become a moderator then get a better grip on our server's rules.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a good mentor can help ya chances also on the info front like I said accepted apps are good place to look at to see how we doing things here also Nova is correct ya don't need to know everything about how we work that's why we have the trial period ya got some good answers in there already but just too many below par ones for me plus one ya.

P.S-Yea ya can apply again after 30 days is up after this app is closed.
    Last edited by Big Cheeks; 12-17-2019 at 08:31 AM. Reason: P.S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a better place other than the wiki to get the most up to date and in detail rules?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @GopnikChan

Yes, discord
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see good potential here, but for time being, it's going to be a no from me, for aforementioned reasons.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho