December 17, 2019
    Your Character Name?
    DO-XXX-G3
    Their BYOND Key
    Scsnv
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    5:30 P.M - 6:00 P.M
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    Description of the incident
    So basically the CE built by himself a ladder kill hole so that way any alien comes up they can blast the alien with a shotgun to death and keep going on any other aliens that come up the ladder, which in turn from how it was set up it looked like it was all set up before the aliens even took the drop ship up. Which then proceeded into a Ahelp which then turned into a ahelp about Marines meta knowledge about how immediately were the first words of a Drop ship Hijack are talked about with the Ares AI immediately means marines instantly are allowed to build barricades where ever they want Which is pretty dumb because the Rules state they cannot do that Such as they cannot weld vents, and it is Meta knowledge to immediately assume that Aliens can fly the drop ship without any IC knowledge such as using the Cameras the marines need to be watching the Cameras first before they just say "Xenos are comin cade up the halls!" its like saying the british are coming without actually knowing they are ICCly, and Marines even welded the vents when they first show up at the beginning of Any Operation and even on their own ship before Xenos are even on the ship other than "Oh weld things up because Ares said aliens are coming" and such which is meta knowledge I mean if a drop ship were to be hijacked it wouldn't specifically be hijacked by "ONLY XENOS" It could be Hijacked by another militant force or even Survivors or even Children could have taken the ship, and the Marines set up barricades, I mean how would they know Xenos are coming if they haven't seen them fly the drop ship and don't know they are even on the drop ship if no one has said they are or anything.

There's a lot of loop holes for this and the Staff member in question didn't handle the situation from my knowledge as nothing had changed by round restart meaning the staff member allowed them to keep it all built there until the aliens lost and the round restarted. However regarding the people using the ladder trick with a mounted heavy machine gun watching the ladder type of thing, I mean it looked like it was 100% built before the aliens even took the drop ship.

Its like sitting in my house thinking Im going to get robbed today and so I place a Anti Personnel mine at my front door.
    Evidence
    https://imgur.com/a/5QDTBFN

All images of the Conversation between myself and the Staff member in question are in here, Including what the marines had set up.
    How you would punish the accused
    I understand all people make mistakes and deserve a warning, however if this isn't a first time event then maybe a harsher punishment is to be arranged.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is our rules that marines may build defenses after the hijack announcement is made. They cannot make defenses as soon as the evacuation is ordered. Besides what you posted, he did investigate the situation.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just a tip for the future, you can look up ladders first before actually climbing up. You can click drag your sprite onto the ladder to do this.

Scsnv did nothing wrong.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the most stupid thing I've read in maybe the history of CM. I mean I was told this is stupid and I thought I've seen it all but I impressed. Nothing you're talking about is remotely reportable. Marines can't build defenses until the dropship hijack message comes up. After that, everyone is free to build defenses. These are the rules, they have always been the rules, and that will stay the rule. I suggest you look up a ladder before you walk up it next time. Closed and resolved.