Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sirhelgate - Yautja Application

Byond ID:
    Sirhelgate

Marine Name
    Cassiel Techyon/ Xeno - MO-xxx-X1 (moxi)

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Kesh'en

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, and not to my knowledge

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Familiar, and review it regularly

Yautja Character Story
    The day was dark, sunless, It was a cold world where a snowstorm often choked the sky. The human terraforming efforts had stirred something ancient locked beneath the ice. Snow pelted off the Metallic biomask, His thermal netting was working hard to keep his body tempurature regulated at it's peak. Kesh'en remembers the things that brought him to this world...
    His life had been a typical raising, he'd always shown interest in trophies. He had a keen interest in what other kinds value. From the Gold Token-currency of one race, to the paper-cloth notes of denomination of another. He had a chief interest in Cold hard cash. It was an odd obsession of his, it held little value to other Yautja, but it was an interesting thing to collect where possible.
    This was supposedly a world hotly contested, held by a breakaway colony from usual human settlements, his mandibles clicked. This provided a two fold opportunity, Find worthy prey to hunt and see what form of currency these break aways valued.
    The shifting through the snow bellow caught his interest, he could see it through his biomasks magnification. Even in this Cold blizzard the prey was on the move. As he steps forward down a prepared path to lead him into the midst of the Survivors, his cloak fighting the storm, but minor modifications insured that it wouldn't lose cohesion in the rough weather, Even if it shimmered and blurred occasionally it would hopefully be lost in the storm.

He saw it, almost immediately, as they entered into what seemed to be a Diner, or a food court of some kind. Resting in a relief in the wall. A place of reverence in most cultures surely. The blue plastic boarder around a metal panel with a low quality glass screen. Dotted with overly complex runes with primitive simplified raised dots. Resting faintly above the terminal was the runic Lettering the humans used, A - T - M. Yes, this is what he had come here for, he was sure of it. His mandibles spread wide behind. The humans had kept walking past, moving into the kitchen and other areas of the station to explore. Produced from a cloak pocket in almost shaky hands was an ID scavenged from a long dead colonists body. He had studied this particular persons belongings and found that despite no currency was carried a scrap of paper with a punch-able code was listed on their person, this had to be his number for this machine. As he inserted the ID card, fingers hovering over the pad...

A sudden whirring hum descends through the human settlement. Darkness swallows up the dinner from the inside out. There were shouts of panic from the survivors he'd been shadowing, his biomask filtered through a handful of spectrum, leaving him on one. A bio-electric spectrum, he could see them, their chitinous black forms frosted at the edges by the snow, almost invisible to the human eye, but his Biomask revealed them. Xenomorphs, the ultimate Prey, they had come faster upon the settlement than he thought, brought ruin to it far sooner than he would've liked. And now, they threatened the collection of his favored oddity. His fists found themselves loosening from the clenching he'd started to do. No, this was fine, This was perfect. What greater Tale to attach to this particular excursion, this particular hunt, than not only something the humans valued, but the skull of one of the Ancient veteran Xenomrophs. He let himself slip away from the walls, and from the spaces the xenomorphs could crawl. Excitement itched at the back of his mind, the thought of collecting a trophie from a powerful specimen, or perhaps... one of these survivors will prove themselves to be a most worthy prey against the Xenomorphs...

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Kesh'en Is a collector, finely obsessed with currency and things of value. He aims to collect the most valuable of currencies, trophies, and honor. He often tries to see eye to eye with other Predators. He among all currencies holds honor and reputation in high regard.
    Should A human or combatant earn his respect he's far more likely to Spare them than most would, though he under especially exciting circumstances will claim a trophy, weather it be an article of import or the skull of his prey. Though he has noticed that Marines strap things they hold valuable to their helmets... The helmets of high Ranking Marines?

He shows respect to the Xenomorph in Different ways, he keeps them at a distance, he knows how unpredictable the whims and actions of the hive can be.
    Survivor type humans earn his amusement, those capable of digging themselves in and surviving as a whole truely gain his interest, Survivors that return to do battle on from the Alamo will gain further interest from him.
    Marines he often observes at a wide berth, they are almost as sporadic as Xenomorphs, but are crafty and deadly in their own right. He'll take interest in the helmets of higher ranking marines, especially if they have things strapped to them.
    IO operatives? He loves the crazy little bastards, he sees a kinship with them, they hunt something they see as valuable...

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is a prestigious thing, or issued in case of slight. It's a challenge to another Yautja, sometimes incredibly dangerous or worthy prey. It is to build a mutual respect between Yautja primarily though. Interference from third parties is disallowed. Those who try to flee an honor duel is dishonored, and is no longer worthy, and should be dispatched for the failure. Ranged weapons should never be used during the process of the duel, but probably kept on hand to deal with one who'd dishonor the duel.
    Trip mines, and net mines could be used in proximity to the honor duel to secure the area, but actively using them as a weapon in the duel would be very dishonorable. It could also prevent outside interference to the duel.
    Though, if mercy is shown to a member of a duel, they must be brought to Safety. This means if you duel a marine, and grant him mercy, You must protect him until he's returned to safety.

Where as a honor duel is a more one, on one, affair between parties of mutual or comparable respect, a Hunt is a Game, a game between a hunter and it's chosen prey. To seek, stalk, and eventually entrap or out-wit the Prey. Others can join in the hunt knowingly, The worthy human has an equally skilled party of Marines around him. The ancient Lurker has been promoted to leader and travels with it's own gang of xenos. In these circumstances ranged weapons, traps, and other tools of the trade (aside from the self destruct device) can be used to thin the numbers of your prey. If the most worthy of them proves themselves to be worthy of an honor duel... Then good, but if they attempt to use the duel as a trick? Well then. Though, much like many matters of honor and proving ones self. Duels are conducted alone, unless there are circumstances that require the cooperation of the pack, such as the recovery of gear, or fallen brothers, Bad bloods, Abominations, Or the specific orders from high ranking Yautja such as elders or council members.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Training with them during the lodging period, ensuring that everyone is on the up and up. Ensuring that all gear is accounted for. Talks of previous hunts, the potential sharing good stories or situations that has been scene. If he encounters another during the hunt, he's far more likely to shadow and observe them. Only moving to recover any lost gear of theirs. Dying in battle with worthy prey is a great honor for many predators. Though he'd be keen to observe an honor duel.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I'm a long time roleplayer, and I have applied on the previous forums. I had been given hope that if I apply further in the future after making an interesting character I Could be allowed to join the hunt.
    This is both a matter of enjoyment for me, who loves the Predators culture, honor code, and style. But as a player who usually ends up in Aliens, not able to see much roleplay during a round. I feel as though as much as I enjoy roleplaying aboard the Almayer, I also probably would love the roleplay I could find in the Yautja

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 12-20-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: edited and made a clarification on his thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Sirhelgate,

To start with, I think your story is going in the right direction but I believe you rushed a bit there and posted right away after finishing it, I may be wrong but here is my point.

There are a few errors of grammar which I assume if you asked for help someone would point that right away or advice you to read the story once again to see by yourself and also I think it's missing more interactions with your predator, I can't imagine myself how he would react if a few things would happen, perhaps that's because there's no dialogue at all nor interaction with an important object to him or even his thoughts. It's indeed a short one and smaller than the recommended which it would be 700-1200 words in total (Of course we can go beyond the maximum but sometimes we can't stop after putting so much effort we kinda get excited to put more and more and pretty sure some people notice it and that may give you some extra points when someone is reading it) and I believe if you wanted to append more it could for sure tell us more about his desire (Gimmick as some like to tell), his feelings or even other warriors that helped him somehow to be the hunter he's now.

I would also like to point out I think the name of your predator is very short, nothing wrong with that but pretty sure you're more than free to create your own clan as long the name is 'predator-ish' and don't match with any of the actual clans on the server or a real one for the sake of creativity. To be short I will -1 this, it goes in the right patch yet feel like a bit rushed and not given the attention it deserves to fix a few things plus it lacks a lot the development of your predator and so far it looks a bit too 'rushed'.
    Aida Clark - The story so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks helec, I made a few adjustments, I assumed that's why we posted it here! For feed back on how to improve while seeking approval.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The app was a little hard to read due to improper grammar and structuring but the story and honour duel answers check out

I'm not quite sure if you understand a hunt properly, you shouldn't be using ranged weapons at all against anyone who isn't Dishonourable

The pred's concept is cool

I'll leave a +1 but you really need to read up on what weapons you can and can't use against honourable prey, or else you will find yourself de-whitelisted very quickly
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirhelgate View Post
    thanks helec, I made a few adjustments, I assumed that's why we posted it here! For feed back on how to improve while seeking approval.
    You can only edit your app up to 1 hour. I suggest you revert to your old app or risk this being disqualified.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an idea! I'll just post it here

Yautja Character Story[spoiler]
    The day was dark, sunless, It was a cold world where a snowstorm often choked the sky. The human terraforming efforts had stirred something ancient locked beneath the ice. Snow pelted off the Metallic biomask, His thermal netting was working hard to keep his body tempurature regulated at it's peak. Coins from one ancient culture strung through a leather twine necklace hung down across his armor. A decorated human jaw hung just above it, each tooth in the jaw was of a golden make. The jaw a trophy from a previous hunt against a gang-lord human who prized himself a collector of his own type. Kesh'en reflects on the things that brought him to this world...

His life had been a typical raising, he'd always shown interest in trophies. He had a keen interest in what other kinds value. From the Gold Token-currency of one race, to the paper-cloth notes of denomination of another. He had a chief interest in Cold hard cash. It was an odd obsession of his, it held little value to other Yautja, but it was an interesting thing to collect where possible.
    This was supposedly a world hotly contested, held by a breakaway colony from usual human settlements, his mandibles clicked. This provided a two fold opportunity, Find worthy prey to hunt and see what form of currency these break aways valued.
    His first hunts took place on thick, urban cities, and occasionally Colonial Settlements. He understands how crafty humans can be, and appreciates them for it. Small mistakes here and there, not taking into acount that humans were just as excellent hunters at times as his kind were. There was an appreciation for the lessons he had to learn the hard way that sat in his chest.

Shifting movement in the snow ahead snapped his attention back to the Present day. He realized a squad of human survivors had made their way past where he had been standing cloaked. In quiet the rush to beat the coming snow storm. He would shift faintly from one side to the next. The humans hurried past towards a Local bar, a loose glimmer hit his eye. These humans might lead him exactly to where he wants to be. Following quietly in their foot steps he made a press to keep footing with them, to not lag behind so they hear the crunch of snow out of pace with their own foot steps, a trick his mentor taught to him long ago. To always step in your prey's foot steps when tracks are so easily visible.

As he enters into the Dark, dimly lit Bar just behind the humans he couldn't help but appreciate the challenge these kinds of hunting grounds gave. Tight quartered, yet outside a visibility challenge. Doors that closed and opened automatically, or filtered you out based on identification. Humans the Ever clever sort as they were, were always sure to cover their exits. He slowly observed a near by device, set into the wall was one of his targets of interest, no obsession. He slowly slid away from the group to stand next to the flickering screen of an old ATM, with the card of a human still plugged in, surely abandoned in their hurry. As the Survivors he was following Fanned out and took up refuge in other rooms, or simply set about securing the building he chidded, his mandible clicking a channel vox in his biomask. He filters it to a the hunting Parties channel.
    "The Human survivors are Making excellent progress, They've found somewhere to hold up. It's the Old human dining establishment on the east side of their colony. It'll surely attract a few of our Quarry here." He speaks with a sure tone, knowing that their prey would surely send her pawns to this location. He watches as a handful of humans set up hot-wiring the doors to shock any that touch it in an adjacent room. Stepping back away from the doorway with a soft, slid step he sighs into the headset, "They are electrifiying the doors leading to the outside... though they haven't sealed the vent access..." He says, peering down at a hole in their defense, an Air vent, large enough for some of the smaller caste of xenomorph to squeeze through.

He strolls casually towards the Terminal on the wall, his fingers glide over it's screen slowly, wiping away the bit of frost that built up on the display. There was a faint blue flickering as the frozen liquid interracted with his cloaking device's field. He with a flick he clears it from his fingers. The Biomask chimed back into his headset, "Stay there Kesh'en, you're still inexperienced in hunting Kiande Amedha." He sighed quietly into his biomask, "I understand..." He glances over, looking to the humans walking between rooms, a faint flicker of bent light in the shadows of the room were all that was hiding him. His mandibles peel back as he notices them ignoring the vent outright. There was a rattling noise from outside. A failing of some primitive human device, more importantly for the humans, the failure of one of their generators. Something had gone wrong. The lights cut out one by one, the humans shouted in panic. A shout from the more militarily dressed in their ranks silenced them all. They all sate in baited silence, glancing to each other. Meanwhile he turned his attention to peer outside. His biomask sweeping through different visible spectrums, and displays. He settles on the EM spectrum, he watches the swarm of chittering beasts outside storm about. One growing closer to the door, wiring spilling out of the access panel. His hand slowly clenched, prepping his wrist blade for usage.

His eyes drift back, looking sideways to the machine next to him. The ATM's lights came back on, causing a faint wash of color in his cloaking field. The machine read over the card and started it's previous process of requesting for a pin code... The windows cracked and blew inward, a swarm of xenomorphs breaching to seize on the humans...

The smoke cleared after the fight, in one hand his smart disk hummed gently, The edge poisoned with a droplet of that green acid blood. One of the remaining humans leaned against the far wall, aiming an empty pump action shotgun at the looming Predator. He'd not spilled a droplet of the humans blood as it were. The xenomorphs tried to make a move for more than just the Colonists. A loose chuckle left him as he pinged the rest of the hunting Pack, "The Xenomorphs tried to make an attempt on me, In the chaos I slain a couple." He offers, these lurkers weren't Really the big threat. The human aimed a shotgun and clicked it, sputtering forward, "O-Oh God! W-what do you Want?!" the human, who didn't run like the rest shouts to Kesh'en. Slowly the Predator raised his finger pointing to the atm, genturing to it with his entire arm. "C45H M3 0U7." He asked in a tone that sounded more of an order of the human through the translator, an amused clicking following as the human nearly fainted from a mix of confusion and relief.

At the end of the hunt, he stood, a leather satchel stuffed full of bills from ATMs across the Colony under one arm. In his other arm the decapitated crested head of a Praetorean, a powerful worthy adversary. He sees the others gathering back up at the entrance to the cloaked transport. Proudly he would lift his great prize, showing the hefty satchel to the others. "I have done well this hunt." They deadpanned down to the achievement he wasn't showing to them, the Severed head of one of the queen xenomorphs Royal guard. There was going to be a long discussion over what should hold more pride to be carrying the scout ship's flight back...

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Kesh'en Is a collector, finely obsessed with currency and things of value. He aims to collect the most valuable of currencies, trophies, and honor. He often tries to see eye to eye with other Predators. He among all currencies holds honor and reputation in high regard.
    Should A human or combatant earn his respect he's far more likely to Spare them than most would, though he under especially exciting circumstances will claim a trophy, weather it be an article of import or the skull of his prey. Though he has noticed that Marines strap things they hold valuable to their helmets... The helmets of high Ranking Marines?

He shows respect to the Xenomorph in Different ways, he keeps them at a distance, he knows how unpredictable the whims and actions of the hive can be.
    Survivor type humans earn his amusement, those capable of digging themselves in and surviving as a whole truely gain his interest, Survivors that return to do battle on from the Alamo will gain further interest from him.
    Marines he often observes at a wide berth, they are almost as sporadic as Xenomorphs, but are crafty and deadly in their own right. He'll take interest in the helmets of higher ranking marines, especially if they have things strapped to them.
    IO operatives? He loves the crazy little bastards, he sees a kinship with them, they hunt something they see as valuable...
    Synths? Oh they are interesting things, he could collect one if given the chance. Though he is unsure if they are capable to accept an honor duel, maybe to be hunted? a synth would make a fine trophie.

He handles defeats as learning experiences, and if he has to die? There is no greater honor to die to a worthy opponent, with a beeping explosive on his wrist of course...[/Spoiler]

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1. I didnt even look at the story or anything sorry. If you cant follow the basic rules for applying (application format, editing times etc.) then dont apply coz you wont handle keeping to WL rules well. Try again next time and take a good look at accepted apps.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I DID follow format, I HAD to Revert it which screwed the Format up because there's no Way Too revert it unless you Copy Paste over Old stuff.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for a matter of record, the edits were cause of formatting, and he did not edit his actual story and other stuff 1 hour past the time.
    I have removed the big ugly text and no other edits will be permitted going forward.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app leaves alot to be desired and it could be overlooked but I think your attitude in the discord earlier definitely seals the deal for me in that you are not someone i want to see with a predator white list at this current point in time.

Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.