User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electrolyz - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrolyz - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Electrolyz
    Character Name?
    Tyrone 'Ice Cold' Dawkins
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Unknown
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Not Applicable
    What other servers do you play on?
    Citadel Station, /tg/station, 1713/Civ13.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No.
    Reason for Ban
    Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: Broke rule 17, went on a one man unofficial mutiny and killed the CO in a poorly executed escalation of violence. | Sat, November 10th of 2018
    Banned |Duration: 4320 minutes|Reason: As an SL, player magdumped AP into an MP after they were released for a minor offense. Player was unapologetic. Violations of griefing, escalation, and RP rules. | Thu, November 22nd of 2018
    Banned from Squad Leader - Job banned from SL --see above note. As an SL, player killed an MP after being released for a minor offense without provocation. Player was unapologetic and their actions led to Charlie having no SL for the entire round. Repeat offense. | Thu, November 22nd of 2018
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    Not applicable.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Okay-- I want to preface this by saying that I included more relevant notes in the ban reason. This was a "straw that broke the camel's back" situation, and though the final incident was more than a straw, I feel that it wouldn't be fair to not include them. On to the appeal: I had been a very active and well-participating squad leader, almost every other round. It has been a long time since the string of incidents and I've had a lot of time to reflect on my actions. I've actively played for nearly two months since that, and the well-deserved job ban has not hurt my love of CM. I've been able to see what a good squad leader looks like, and I have been in interactions with MP players that did not end in any sort of issue. In fact, the one time in this span I did take issue, I made sure to observe all mutiny rules and A-help beforehand, and when I was told not to, I took the staff member's decision well and was not argumentative. As for each individual incident: the unauthorized mutiny was after the commanding officer of the round pinned the operation's failure on me as a squad lead. It was the incorrect thing to do -- an absurd decision, made in anger. As for the shooting of the MP, I had been brigged for thirty-plus minutes and the player provoked me in-character, which I did not seperate from out-of-character thinking. I became angry and shot him, and yes, I was unapologetic due to my anger. As said before, I can now understand that some players will do such things in an attempt to get on my nerves. Both of these incidents were absurd decision-making on my part, and poor respect for the rules. Over the past couple of months, I have gained a better understanding and respect for the server's rules, and have observed them as necessary. Point being that I really enjoyed playing squad leader, and I'd appreciate a second chance with a probationary period, if possible. Thank you for reading.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst your activity is not really pulled into question here, your most recent note is what worries me especially if you were arguing with staff. Going to remain neutral until more staff review this topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost two eggs as a Carrier by getting surprised by the marine landing, of course I protested a note.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    player was very argumentative during the PM's is the section that most concerns me.

Normally we say you should go 30 days without getting into trouble before appealing a job ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look-- the situation in question was absurd anyways. I had planted and was waiting on two eggs when a group of Marines surprised me and forced me to leave them. I don't believe I was argumentative during the conversation, and I am sure that logs can be dredged up. The noting member of staff had somewhat poor English and was actually decently pushy/assertive with me despite the situation and my attempted explanation. If you'd like, I'll appeal the note.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your attitude seems very argumentative to me and I dont think its going to help you in this case. The issue is you planted the eggs down before first drop, why you decided to plant them there before Marines were even there I have no idea but to conclude you Meta'd. I'm going to -1 this appeal at this time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the conversation logs
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I wouldn't call that super argumentative.

I mean you had went over 30 days without getting noted for anything related to your SL ban.

I'm leaning towards +1 for the SL unban pending further feedback from other staff. But I'm just going to say if a moderator is telling you something you're doing is wrong going straight to SHOW ME THE RULE, isn't a good choice.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I agree it isn't super argumentative, your attitude could use a bit of work. With that said, I had an interaction with you the other day, and it went very well in my opinion, so I'm going to give this a +1; on the condition that you'll try to be a bit more tactful.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 from me, the appeal is good and the new note is really minor.
    When it comes to dealing with staff, please understand that they have been selected through an application and trial process, that they are trusted with rule enforcement and you aren't. If you think they are making a mistake, you should ask them politely about it and perfect your understanding of their ruling, in order to make a staff report or update your flawed interpretation of the rules. Not argue defiantly as if your freedom was being oppressed.