User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The absolute state of (Widely seen as) boring but necessary roles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The absolute state of (Widely seen as) boring but necessary roles

Is it just me or are we seeing significant drops in people playing roles like squad engineer and PO?,or when people do play these roles it’s often someone who is bald or at the very least unseasoned(ex Engineers who don’t know you can get a free super cell from engi prep)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad engineer been hit and miss for a while, but it is frontline building which some people love.

SOs haven’t really been in drought, nor medical

For POs the problem is your existence relies on competent medics and tax operators, which aren’t mega common. But you ussally get 2-3 POs so meh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lack of squad engineers has been a big one to be honest. Even people who play MT seem to be less inclined to deploy and help with the FOB lately compared to a few months ago when you'd sometimes see a MT asking to deploy even before briefing started.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about PO, but for Engineer man is it boring and frustrating. Setting up cades takes a fair amount of time and while you can get creative with cade placement, there's only so much you can do. Not to mention it involves yelling at your local RO/SL/CT for a good 5-15-ish minutes until they finally listen and pray that they finally get you resupplied. With most medics, at most they need to find is a medvendor or return shipside for additional pills rather then screaming at req for using all their points on a spec that just died.

Even then, your cades are only useful if someone is manning them, which normally there isn't unless it's the FOB around the LZ.
    Doesn't help that they removed shock grilles and really really simplified hacking from back when it was RNG to where it is now.

Not to mention, I find it often i'm fighting with bald engineers who insist that they are right. They build things like Mortar pits or side cades inside of cade lines INSISTING that they help defend us despite me telling them it doesn't. Hell just yesterday I had to constantly argue with him that sidecades were useless inside of FOB cade lines, and he ended up both really salty and in belief that he's in the right. Another time an FOB engineer built a mortar pit and I told him it was a waste of materials and he gave a condescending I'll CONSIDER IT line (which means he doesn't give a rats ass about my advice). Point being, I find a lot of FOB engineers are not only bald, but also giant pricks who don't want to listen to genuine advice.

Frontline engi is a little bit better since most engineers won't bother to try something stupid because there isn't much time to get building.
    Last edited by Grentex; 12-19-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PO is plenty abundant during high pop, but the problem is that it's 90% either a veteran core or a bunch of newbies who all want to fly CAS and SSD when the more experienced guy shuts them down. Squad engineer I actually noticed the same thing, and I guess it might feel daunting? Knowing where, when, and how to build might put people off

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh I don’t blame anyone who SSDs after being relegated to the Alamo. Pushing two buttons for upwards of 3-4 hours? Rather neck myself, thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transport Pilot is a boring job that only exists for the one moment in two hours where having a Human at the controls is needed. I'm certain if the transport ship just automatically takes off and lands by itself, I'd be a vast improvement.

It is genuinely painful to play as a Transport Pilot. No interactivity, no uniqueness, nothing.

Maybe the fabled "gunship update" will change this, because I can tell you the pilots on CorpMerc are far more involved in piloting.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    Transport Pilot is a boring job that only exists for the one moment in two hours where having a Human at the controls is needed. I'm certain if the transport ship just automatically takes off and lands by itself, I'd be a vast improvement.

It is genuinely painful to play as a Transport Pilot. No interactivity, no uniqueness, nothing.

Maybe the fabled "gunship update" will change this, because I can tell you the pilots on CorpMerc are far more involved in piloting.
    In corp merc the POs can be basically independent of the marines totally instead of needing spotters and all. Still doesnt fix the engie issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transport pilot is a job that could be entirely automated and literally nothing is lost

the server would ONLY SERVE TO BENEFIT from this change

but I dunno, I guess clicking two buttons every like five minutes for 4 hours is fun and I'm just a weirdo
    Magdalene Meinhof el marino
    FF-XXX-V1 el xenomorpho
    Zin'Keh el predatorro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as a somewhat of a veteran PO pilot, i feel naturally inclined to shut down baldie PO's who want to do CAS. reason being is that honestly it's better if someone more experienced does that role, honestly i've seen people insist that they know how to do CAS when they're standing there reading the wiki on gimbals, then put the loadout as something stupid like 1 GAU and 2 rocket pods then some random other weapon.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell