User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The absolute state of (Widely seen as) boring but necessary roles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    no one good plays squad engi because its been extremely gutted yet devs still don't listen to engi mains about how shit their role is

for example, squad engi is still the only job in the entire game that does not start with its necessary materials. every job except squad engi can, currently, not go to req and still function for at least 30 minutes. req would be a convenience but not necessary

squad engi, however, NEEDS req even at the start of the round; they do not start with enough materials to even build a single line of cades

cades are also shit. spitter + sentinel can go past it, spitters can destroy them easily, they are weak to everything but young T1's and T2's. they take forever to build while standing still and require a lot of resources that you barely have any of until later into the round (when it doesn't matter because you either won or you are now stalling the inevitable defeat in your super mega FOB that doesn't have enough people to man the cades anyway)

we lost our displaced girders, we lost electric grilles, we lost easily deployable cades (holding table parts and deploying them at the front fast), sandbag management is fucking atrocious and takes too long to be reliable for its frontline purposes 80% of the time

im sure i forgot some issues but if i played squad engi even more id probably realize more. heck the only reason to go squad engi now is just to roll engi for the (now properly buffed) sentry gun or use the MG to piss the shit outta crushers with two bursts to wipe out their entire armor and make them wait 30 minutes to get it all back
    Not to mention that engineers are absolutely critical to any marine game that isn't a metarush or close to one.

I perfectly understand that engineering being able to build impenetrable defenses would be detrimental to the game, but I've cut down on my engineer gameplay just because of the atrocious amounts of time you spend building and then it all going down because nobody can be arsed to guard, all while hoping Req is competent and sends you enough mats to have a basic FOB up.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    Not to mention that engineers are absolutely critical to any marine game that isn't a metarush or close to one.

I perfectly understand that engineering being able to build impenetrable defenses would be detrimental to the game, but I've cut down on my engineer gameplay just because of the atrocious amounts of time you spend building and then it all going down because nobody can be arsed to guard, all while hoping Req is competent and sends you enough mats to have a basic FOB up.
    pretty much yeah

if xenos were even 10 IQ points smarter, the win rate of marines would plummet whenever there is no competent engineers

ive seen it happen when we have little to no engineers so flank routes aren't blocked, hence letting competent lurker + warrior teams decimate entire squads. full xeno pushes due to no cades in place so marines are heavily pressured due to no time to heal wounded and defib dead, ending in massive casualties.

even a slightly coordinated xeno team can obliterate marines who have no good engis unless every single marine metarushes before 12:45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    if xenos were even 10 IQ points smarter, the win rate of marines would plummet whenever there is no competent engineers
    even a slightly coordinated xeno team can obliterate marines who have no good engis unless every single marine metarushes before 12:45
    "Fortunately" for marines, the xenos meta nowadays is to hide behind whatever nigh unpushable chokes the map has and let marines whittle themselves down and give xenos free captures, so getting flanked via hydro road or whatever before the round is basically a guaranteed xenos major anyway is largely a thing of the past.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to be able to build stuff faster as engineer, and not have idiots push me out of the way when I am building. I usually end up taking a jtac kit as engineer because there's so little for me to do so I can yell at req to send me stuff, as well as call in fire support.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I just want to be able to build stuff faster as engineer, and not have idiots push me out of the way when I am building. I usually end up taking a jtac kit as engineer because there's so little for me to do so I can yell at req to send me stuff, as well as call in fire support.
    My personal annoyance as engineer is how long it takes to tear down walls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Not being able to be pushed by movement! Yes yes! Hell add it to medics too.
    Getting knocked to the floor or grab displacement should remain possible to counter abuse.