Lauren Von Fusegana
    Their BYOND Key
    Novacti
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    6:19 HST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Rule:

2. Investigate the situation
    a. Contact anyone involved and get their side of the story. Also, check logs. It may not be immediately visible WHO caused the situation, and you may need to talk to several people to figure it out. Try to do this as quickly and efficiently
    Description of the incident
    Where to begin...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    PS. This is my third staff report in three years of playing~
    Evidence
    Logs~
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    How you would punish the accused
    No punishment at all. Just remind them to properly, and fully investigate the situation, before jumping to assumptions.

More or less, I blame the CO for enforcing the SOP of helmets being required. I suggest remove helmets entirely from the SOP rule, otherwise more issues of this matter will occur in the future.

On a personal note, enforcing the helmet rule is just an excuse to create provocation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to add that the use of the comment "autistic fuck" is valid, due to the amount of words the CO has said during the operation, and his lack of response to the matter, both in person and over comms

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allright; here's my side:

1. I DID get your side of the story. By PM'ing you and listening to your responses, you also specifically told me your side of the story as well.

2. Asking others is part of the investigative process, especially those who are involved. I talked to both you and the initial Ahelper. While I was planning on asking the TC what happened, I saw that they were not currently brigged and didn't want to bother them, so I opened the logs instead.

3. I don't see anything wrong in asking for additional info and quotes to assist in logdiving.

4. A punishment was not handed out, so I did not "immediately jump to assumptions". I told you to re-read ML as SOP is part of it and states: "Other crew must wear their uniform and assigned footwear. Headwear, if any is worn, must be your properly assigned headgear or one of the standard issue USCM headgear." And it seemed to me that you have failed to recognize that.

The CT's spawn practically next to their welding helmets.

Also, when this happened:

LT Chris 'Kaiser' Rosensteel [Command (SO)] says, "CO this MP is arresting a TC for wearing a weelding helmet"

LT Michael Fitzgerald [Command (SO)] says, "What-"

LT Michael Fitzgerald [Command (SO)] asks, "WHY?"

ENS Chris Mooris [Command (PO)] says, "Alright are we really doing this."

SSGT Marisa Stanford [Command (Delta SL)] asks, "Is it really a big deal if he wants to use a welding mask?"

You should've realized that what you were doing was a mistake and recognised that if the CO wasn't going to respond, these responses from higher-ranking officers should've answered your question.
    Last edited by Novacti; 12-19-2019 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical mistakes and spelling errors & additional info
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I even posted logs and everything..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a dilemma. The CO issues a order for the arrest of the bravo SL for wearing a fire fighters helmet. What do I do? Is it classified as a helmet? Even though the CO's exact orders is to arrest practically anyone that doesn't have a helmet. (he said marines, but if we're not considering the TC as marines, then what do we classify their sergeant first class rank as?) The CMP, and practically anyone that has played TC knows that they have welding googles.

There is no actual legitimate defense when you take the proper precautions and still get chewed out for it~

CPT Donald Weinstein [MP (CO)] says, "Bravo SL is trying to deloy with a fire helmet"

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Von Fusegana View Post
    I even posted logs and everything..
    Logs provided by players aren't considered acceptable. Please wait until they're pulled from the server itself by a member of Staff.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pull the logs in a few hours.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This report is a prime example why I had to tell the whitelist COs to stop ordering people to wear only helmets or they get arrested on sight. In this regard he was trying to investigate and all you did was just hinder him when he was trying to get more info and say I’m going to staff report you in the end

How can you expect us to investigate it when he is literally saying “this will help me” For your info opening logs during the round takes extra time because they still generate, and anything our players can do to help the process is a good thing.

As far as this issue with SOP I’ll make it clear for everyone now, the SOP with headgear means issued head gear. If it spawns on the Almayer in a vendor, locker, it’s USCM issue. The intent of the SOP is for things like paper hats, civilian hats found on the planet, or alien stufff (pred masks)

Mod did his job, no wrong doing here