User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Which game triggers nostalgia for you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 3 and MW2. The closest you can get to that golden age today is TF2, not surprisingly it came out around the same time.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres this one third person like vehicle shooter on the nintendo DSI that i cant remember the name of but it fills me with a wonderful sense of nostalgia whenever i think of it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inscryption

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo: CE, the original. Back in 2002-2003 I was like 4-5 years old and I always saw my brother playing it so one day I asked him if I could play it, and he let me. Started a decade-long love for the game even after Halo 2 and Halo 3 came out. The soundtrack, the gameplay, the fact that it was made in like 9 fucking months, all of it just comes together for a massively nostalgic game for me. Also shit like Age of Empires 2, Command and Conquer Zero Hour, Time Splitters 2, and more. Another for me would be the first Dead Space game, I was 10 or so when it was being teased in the gameinformer magazines and it gave me nightmares from the pics of the necromorphs, I never got around to playing it until I was 12-13 but that was back when you could burn discs onto your XBOX so I always had KoRn blasting over the game sound lol. Also went out of my way to play Fallout 3 whenever I could, because my dad wouldn't let me get it, so I'd have to go over to my friends house and I would play it until like 4 in the morning. Same with NV, I was 'old enough' to play it according to my parents so I got it the day it came out and was mega hyped every time a DLC was released.

Also played the absolute shit out of Oblivion and Morrowind because it was always around the house growing up since my family were D&D and RPG fanatics, I was obsessed with the Daedric set and literally googled on our old ass internet and went to a poorly made website to find out how to get it, so I grinded to level 20 and would constantly farm Rockmilk cave to get it. Good times.

As for portable consoles, I'd play Pokemon Red, Blue and Silver versions, got two cartridges of the Emerald version one year and one of them was hacked so I played the shit out of that and had all three legendary pokemon which you weren't supposed to get apparently lol. Also played the fuck out of Super Mario World pretty much incessantly, that game invokes such a deep, abyssal sense of nostalgia for me for some reason. Long nights of sitting under the covers playing it when I was supposed to be asleep.

A few final others, I also grew up on Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, as well as Mario Kart and Goldeneye and I always remember having my friends across the street come over and play with me and we'd always fight over the yellow N64 controller which we insisted was the 'golden' controller.
    Last edited by Obscurify; 12-26-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    Joined the fight November 2015

A strange voice says 'F@c3 m3 1n m0rt@1 c0mb@t'.
    PFC Charles 'Ajax' Hayes says, "Nah."

Long time CM and forum lurker, change character names and appearances as often as putting on a new pair of socks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it's Papers Please, COD 2 was the only thing my computer could handle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metroid II: Return of Samus

I think it's time to Marathon the Metroid series this year again ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeithri View Post
    Metroid II: Return of Samus

I think it's time to Marathon the Metroid series this year again ..
    I saw this and remembered that I had Sega and remembered the great and impossible to pass game

The Lion King.
    I used to play it nonstop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The games that give the most incredible nostalgia are CS 1.5 and Super Mario, I probably I'm too old, but from time to time, I still play these games and have so many emotions going on. Besides these games, I still play CS: GO with my friends since it is easier to find the live servers and have fun in the other part is that in CS: GO you can earn real money if you sell csgo skins for paypal at some online sites like skincashier, or you can sell the skins directly on the steam market to get new releases without paying the real money.
    Last edited by MelanieHilli; 03-29-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening