User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Critilius - Commander Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    Though you have a fair amount of community support and most of your answers are adequate if nothing else, I'm afraid your app falls short in terms of spelling, formatting, and general cohesiveness. While these factors may seem innocuous and irrelevant, they are in fact crucial to a communication-centric role like the CO. Being concise, grammatically-correct, and incisive in your writing is an absolute must.

Furthermore, the negative testimonials provided here indicate a lack of practical experience and impartiality that are also essential to the role.

Nothing in your app 'wow'd me, even though there aren't any glaring errors. If nothing else, it is adequate, but to get the role you have to aim higher than what can be considered average. I strongly reccomend you consult veteran CO players and the Council for your next attempt, as you are very close to making a successful app.

First thing I would like to say is that thank you for the feedback. Either good or bad it helps me understand what the issues may be and what good things I have already been doing. In this case i do understand that CO is a role that is very crucial to the game and it is very important someone competent to pick this role that is why the white list exists.

I have made my application with passion and enjoyment i do not like writing essays for example but this application was actually fun for me to write up because it was me, what I thought and what I felt about certain issues. I do understand and acknowledge my grammar is not the best but i am very fluent in english it was my mistake not to check my application more times I have simply thought it was good.

A Commanding Officer definitely should have good grammar and be able to communicate himself in the game even although i believe i am good at this i have failed to show it on my application which is why it is for.

I would also confirm that i have 1 (-1) in my application from a member of this community and he is 100% right. I have made mistakes when i first began but i believe i have understood and acknowledged the problem. Which will not happen again for example sending Mps to the field. I have read the rules many times to avoid certain situations.

I would like to say that i have been playing XO since i made an application when i was online in the game and have counted many hours i believe more than 20 this week alone and have learned many aspects of commanding and how certain problems occur and how to solve them. I am a progressive person i like to improve which i will as i get more feedback.

If i do get to become CO one day i will do my best to keep the virtues of the post intact and uphold USCM standards at all times. I say this because i wish to become a CO but at the same time i want to be a part of something bigger which in this case commanding a group of people does not matter how many, and provide the best experience possible to them during an operation both strategically and with my personality and role play capabilities.

Thank you so much for the feed back i will do my best to improve as i do admit i am not perfect
    Last edited by Critilius; 01-01-2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: I added the XO part
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just witnessed him play XO last night, and I must say he is fairly capable at the job. He delegated between departments and made sure that the operation was running smoothly. Gonna be a +1 from me.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Aden in many rounds as XO or SO, he is capable of issuing orders and making sure they are followed. His grammar can improve and I think he knows that, but by time he will learn. His roleplay is excellent for MRP, but those cringe announcements, like that time on LV-642, need to stop. Overall, good application, the story is quite enjoyable to read, good luck! +1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve seen you play XO an awful lot, and you’re certainly competent enough.

My only concerns are I have also seen some rather unorthodox orders, including some that could be taken as meta. Additionally you have more than one warning in the last month about taking one action or another that I would sincerely hope you would not be doing as a CO.

I am willing to support this application provided those concerns are not repeated.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @forest2001 Hi thank you for the reply i have made mistakes in the past yes but i do my best to learn and progress from them. I have no intention of breaking rules and i stay true to them as best of my abilities.

I have a note on calling evacuation with 70 marines alive and 20 exenos where i am accused of meta gaming. I would like to talk about this a little bit as i believe this is what you mentioned.

I was in CIC alone since the OP began we were doing good in the beginning we pushed through civilian from north side unfortunately tides turned eventually where i have ordered the marines to fall back to fob and hold the cade line to bleed the enemy. The operation lasted for a while i believe 45 minutes of defending FOB or so. From my point of view we were flanked from 2 sides (one from south LZ1, and other one north where telecoms was. Telecoms was breached 3 times or so and it was sealed every time although last time a ravager managed to break in and caused havoc it was repelled sealed once more. While this is happening i took into consideration that we were out of req points, there was no air support, no OB either so i came to the conclusion if TCOMMs was breached it was a disaster waiting to happen so i decided to evacuate the Operation. I was talked by an admin and was set a note of meta gaming. (For evacuating when there were 70 humans versus 20 exenos)

I would first like to say i did not have any intention of metagaming and i have done my best since i started playing, to be my character and stay true to it. However what i considered was without air support,supply and tcomms flanked i was risking marines lives and i wanted to get them out of there. The evacuation should not have happened it was a bad call on my part it was bad decision making but i would like to assure you that i believed in my time played as XO so far that FOB would not hold and if Tcomms was breached just enough to destroy tcomms it was a disaster waiting to happen.

That is the situation from my point of view but i do understand the concerns of the admins as they are doing their best to provide a fun gaming environment for us to participate in. It was my bad decision that has gotten me a note but the only thing i would like to make clear is that i have not meta gamed never have never will be.

I love this community i love this game i want to be a bigger part of it, i have made many friends playing CM especially in CIC and i really enjoy the encounters i have with people, i would like to expand on this and provide for the community aswell. I do my best to stick to the rules as they are a pillar that keeps this community as it is i will do my best as i have been to stay true to the community.
    Last edited by Critilius; 01-03-2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added a space to fix sentence
    Aden Cooper

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    Though you have a fair amount of community support and most of your answers are adequate if nothing else, I'm afraid your app falls short in terms of spelling, formatting, and general cohesiveness. While these factors may seem innocuous and irrelevant, they are in fact crucial to a communication-centric role like the CO. Being concise, grammatically-correct, and incisive in your writing is an absolute must.

Furthermore, the negative testimonials provided here indicate a lack of practical experience and impartiality that are also essential to the role.

Nothing in your app 'wow'd me, even though there aren't any glaring errors. If nothing else, it is adequate, but to get the role you have to aim higher than what can be considered average. I strongly reccomend you consult veteran CO players and the Council for your next attempt, as you are very close to making a successful app.

I can't disagree with summary anymore if I tried.

The only complaints I've seen are that they didn't make enough announcements as XO??

Then from Ceyella ...

You have massive community support which speaks volumes for me and I'm not going to bust your chops over grammar as I've seen plenty of CO's with less than stellar grammar themselves. CO is an incredibly easy and similar role to XO and you seem to have the hang of it.

+1 from Captain Spaghetti

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only here to pinch in on his meta evacuation note:

I was the one handling the case. Critilius was co-operative in the ahelp conversation about it and it did sound like a genuine mistake on his part. I cannot vouch for the rest of his note history, but if he doesn't accumulate more than one note of each metagame-ish order, I genuinely believe he is just learning.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's obvious you have been grinding away at SO/XO for a few weeks now as quite a few times you've snagged the XO role from me while I had it on high priority. I kind of figured you were going to apply for CO eventually but I cant help but think that this application is a tad premature. If you had spent another month or so not only playing command roles but also some sub command roles like CE/RO/CMO/CMP or even as just as simple Marine/SL to get more inspiration and see how other XO/CO act etc.. you would of had a much better grasp of the server/community and probably fewer -1. You've made some questionable command announcements regarding both communication and orders to the marines that kind of seem newer player life. The rare time I've seen you playing a support role like RO I've witnessed you make some silly rookie mistakes like unlocking the ordered OB warhead crate and then kind of just leaving it alone without ordering MTs/CTs to at least handle your mess.

All in all you've done nothing major to not warrant becoming a Captain and it seems you're trying to do a good job as command and are learning fast. All that matters is what the white list maintainers think though and no matter what happens I hope you continue to keep playing and helping the marines out for the months to come.

I'd say Neutral to +1, it's clear you'd be a good Captain when compared to some current white listed COs but some obvious new player flaws are there. I cant help but feel you'd have no problem getting accepted whatsoever if you had a few more rounds and applied a few weeks later then when you did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rekrul Thank you for the feedback i love playing XO and i hope to become a CO one day i am doing my best to improve on my commanding abilities everytime i am in CIC as i learn new aspects of CM every time i roll XO,SO.
    Last edited by Critilius; 01-07-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that you're sporting the medal I gave you in your signature, I can only say I've experienced nothing but positive things from you in CIC during our operations together. However, I would voice the same statements as others, that it is necessary for you to have ground up knowledge to truly understand how to use squads. And equally important, knowledge of marine law as an MP or CMP so as to grasp the necessities of ensuring there is order, yes, but not so overbearing that half a squad gets locked.

Suffice to say, this can be worked on, and I see nothing that I have experienced with you to lead me to think you cannot achieve success. It's a +1 from me.